#JetsCamp Updates - Day Five- Thurs 08/03/17

Maxman

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Doggin94it said:

Martin looked great in TC last year too - then shanked his kicks when the lights came on.  Would be great to see him do it in the game, because having a big-legged young kicker at minimum salary would be a nice change for this team.

In fact, I think I'll be pissed if they keep Catanzaro even if Martin misses two or three in the preseason.  If there's ever a year to have your kicker work out the butterflies, it's this one

I don;t trust Catanzaro he was AWFUL for zona last year.

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't know who Gabe Marks is, but Steve Smith also made mention of wanting to see him play today during a NFLN segment.

I'm really pretty excited about the young WRs we have. I don't expect any of them to suddenly become 100+ rec / year guys, but they've all shown signs of having strengths and impact ability. It reminds me of the WR groups that Andy Reid always had in Philly for McNabb (except when TO was there) - lots of impactful targets, but no super-stars. That can be a good thing, after seeing Fitz stare-down B=Marsh the past 2 years.

This is why they had to let Decker go. For a team "rebuilding" the last thing you want are aging vets taking away valuable reps from young WRs. It's not like we have 1 or 2 kids, we have Quincy, Anderson, Peake, Marshal, Marks, Stewart, Hansen, Harper...

If Marks continues to impress, I doubt there'll be a roster spot for J. Marshall when he comes back from suspension (they'll keep him for the suspension, since if someone else goes down in the first 4 weeks, they'd rather have him available than have him cut)

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

I mean, how can we judge these QBs when the online is swiss cheese. 

last time they drafted anyone on offense in the first round was 2009.  while the draft is a crapshoot in many respects, having brick and mangold pan out really spoiled jet fans i think.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Beat guys significantly less effusive when it's Petty completing passes because that's a storyline that conflicts with the one they're desperate to be writing for the next six weeks. 

I'd love to know to the backstory behind your hate for Hackenberg. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Trends the past 5 years in the NFL: 

• TE who play like WRs and create mismatches
  • RB who play like WRs and create mismatches

Things Jets have lacked the past ~5 years: see above

There are promising signs that with Leggett, ASJ, and some of the other TEs in camp, we might finally get on board with the importance of the modern-era TE. Additionally, if you look around the league, there's a whole subsection of team playbooks for pass-catching RBs. McGuire looks like a good fit for this. Crazy as it sounds, but this is how I expected Forte to be used last year. 

We need a Woodhead, Sproles, James White, Gio Bernard, Chris Thompson type of contributor. 

Both of these roles in the offense go a long way towards helping our QB, whoever it is.

In the old days the Jets perfected that TE position with Caster, Barkum and then Shuler. It has slipped away since then. Even Pete Lammons could catch a few.

Archived