Deshaun Watson Impressing at Texans Camp

PS17

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Mitch flounder around and look terrible last night, it really makes me wonder WTF goes on with these scouts and evaluators and GM's in the NFL during the draft process.  How on earth is he the #2 overall pick and rated better than Watson or Mahomes for that matter.  It's literally the letter of the law, you don't draft an underclassman QB with 1 year of starting experience.  It's never worked, ever.  Yet, here is a GM going for it over a champion who torched Bama twice and had every measurable tool imaginable (well of course the ever so creditable our lads scouting and 49mph) and the kid looks like he's got a very long way to go.  

I know we kid around a lot and throw this around jokingly but I'm dead serious, give me 4 guys on this board and I think we could draft as well if not better than any GM in the league. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Watching Mitch flounder around and look terrible last night, it really makes me wonder WTF goes on with these scouts and evaluators and GM's in the NFL during the draft process.  How on earth is he the #2 overall pick and rated better than Watson or Mahomes for that matter.  It's literally the letter of the law, you don't draft an underclassman QB with 1 year of starting experience.  It's never worked, ever.  Yet, here is a GM going for it over a champion who torched Bama twice and had every measurable tool imaginable (well of course the ever so creditable our lads scouting and 49mph) and the kid looks like he's got a very long way to go.  

I know we kid around a lot and throw this around jokingly but I'm dead serious, give me 4 guys on this board and I think we could draft as well if not better than any GM in the league. 

I would have drafted Trubisky before Watson and last night did absolutely nothing to change that .

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

I would have drafted Trubisky before Watson and last night did absolutely nothing to change that .

I remember you loving him and I couldn't figure out why.  And if you're saying nothing would have changed that based on last night and Watson being stud, then you're just being stubborn for no good reason other than to hold out for hope you were right.  He looked awful.  12 or 25, was horrendous on the 3rd down, absolutely terrible vs. any pressure, 2 turnovers one of each kind, got lucky on his only TD...the kid was abysmal.  That said, it should be expected.  He's barely played any meaningful Football in his life.  The one thing he did nicely though was move around a little.  Looks like he could throw on the run.  Meanwhile, Watson is literally torching the league on fire and setting records in the process.  

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I remember you loving him and I couldn't figure out why.  And if you're saying nothing would have changed that based on last night and Watson being stud, then you're just being stubborn for no good reason other than to hold out for hope you were right.  He looked awful.  12 or 25, was horrendous on the 3rd down, absolutely terrible vs. any pressure, 2 turnovers one of each kind, got lucky on his only TD...the kid was abysmal.  That said, it should be expected.  He's barely played any meaningful Football in his life.  The one thing he did nicely though was move around a little.  Looks like he could throw on the run.  Meanwhile, Watson is literally torching the league on fire and setting records in the process.  

I eat microwave food, but I love freshly cooked food .  There's a difference between the 2 and in today's world, not many people know why . 

On 9/28/2017 at 1:59 PM, varjet said:

Maybe if Adams was not there Macc takes Mahomes or Watson.   I am willing to give Macc the benefit of the doubt there, the bet being that they would rather get a spectacular safety and a QB next year (through FA or draft) than draft Mahomes or Watson

So, at what point in time is it appropriate to stop giving Macc "the benefit of the doubt"?  It seems that this phrase has been used over and over again to excuse Macc's incompetence right from the get-go.  Time to stop giving him "the benefit of the doubt" because it all adds up to a crappy GM with fans looking the other way.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So, at what point in time is it appropriate to stop giving Macc "the benefit of the doubt"?  It seems that this phrase has been used over and over again to excuse Macc's incompetence right from the get-go.  Time to stop giving him "the benefit of the doubt" because it all adds up to a crappy GM with fans looking the other way.

He knows talent

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

This is the crux of the Macc problem.  Which is the greater sin, him seeing talent in Hack that no one else saw or him not seeing the talent in Watson?  

If he's supposed to be a superior talent evaluator and the evidence with the most crucial position on the team he royally screwed that evaluation, it is difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll get is future QB evaluation right.

6 minutes ago, SMC said:

This is the crux of the Macc problem.  Which is the greater sin, him seeing talent in Hack that no one else saw or him not seeing the talent in Watson?  

If he's supposed to be a superior talent evaluator and the evidence with the most crucial position on the team he royally screwed that evaluation, it is difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll get is future QB evaluation right.

Maccc's a Personnel Guy, I think we're gonna be just fine

3 hours ago, SMC said:

I think you are seriously underestimating how hard it is to discover good safeties and defensive linemen with top ten picks.

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Guys ive been progressivel more and more turned off by macs moves, but, recently it looks like his last draft and aquisitions are really good. 

So its rekindled my faith a bit in mac. 

This next draft and offseason will show us what he is all about, imo

You trust him picking the next QB in the draft or signing the next QB in free agency? :o

Archived