Deshaun Watson Impressing at Texans Camp

PS17

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yes, YES. Blaine Gabbert was the only quarterback to ever impress in his first training camp. Him and every other guy that sucked balls. It's the real quarterbacks that look like dogsh*t in their first training camps, which makes me glad we got Hack.

Congratulations on completely missing the point.  Pretty impressive.

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

There was a point? It looks like you just copy and pasted an article. Maybe I do suck.

The fact that it's the first f*cking week of training camp and a thread lamenting the fact that we passed on Deshaun Watson because he looks good on a practice field like he's some sort of demi-god is pretty f*cking stupid?

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The fact that it's the first f*cking week of training camp and a thread lamenting the fact that we passed on Deshaun Watson because he looks good on a practice field like he's some sort of demi-god is pretty f*cking stupid?

Oh calm down, Shirley. The only one losing their minds is you. It's a message board. We can talk about Ryan Clady's retirement some more if you'd like.

53 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

By my estimation, the same year as Jamal Adams'. At least they play the same position, so there's that.

If Watson is legit, you will have plenty of time to serve crow, not quite sure that time is after impressing at TC and not throwing an NFL pass yet, but thats your call.

43 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh calm down, Shirley. The only one losing their minds is you. It's a message board. We can talk about Ryan Clady's retirement some more if you'd like.

Far from losing my mind but k, lol. Had plenty of decent conversations in here.  Doesn't make that topic any less ridiculous.

Couldn't possibly care less than I already do about Clady retiring too.  Just like Watson, he's not a Jet. I don't care.

I think Watson is going to be fun to watch but I don't believe he will be a great NFL QB. I think he will probably have a good rookie season as it seems all dual threat QBs do but once teams start figuring out his habits his hype will begin to fall. At best right now I can see him being a cheap version of Newton either way I wish him the best the NFL wouldn't be fun to watch if every team sucked and hopefully Either Hack or the guy we draft after this season becomes the future of our franchise and we can compete again.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The choice wasn't between Watson or Adams. It was between Watson or Darnold/Rosen/Allen, etc. If they took Watson this year, it would preclude them from drafting the QB next year, and Watson's skill set wasn't good enough to justify that gamble, imo.

The 2018 QB class, is hands down, bar none, the most overrated, over hyped QB class in the history of the league and I dont even need to see this 2017 season to make that claim. You would think we're staring at a draft class of Elway, Aikman and Manning the way people are talking about these bozo's.  None of these guys are cant miss, none of them are significantly better than Watson, none of them have an elite skill set at anything and all of them have majors flaws and concerns.  None of them will have near the resume of Watson coming out, ...from a stats, to level of comp, to big game, to intangibles, to the superstar factor...they're not even close.  

I cant wait to see these dudes this season.  If anyone of them follows their expectations the way Watson did capping off the year with one of the greatest QB performances in the history of college Football beating "the greatest Defense in the history of college Football"....I will legit be shocked. 

I have no clue if Watson will be a great pro but I wouldnt bet against him and I would much rather him over any prospect coming out next year.  I may be wrong in the long run but I 100% would have taken him this year with no fear of the hype of next year. 

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Also, I would have totally been ok with a trade down to draft Watson, but 6 was way too high.

This is the dumbest thing to say in regards to a QB. If you love him you take him. Nobody is ever gonna say....yeah he's a great QB buttttt you did kinda reach picking him at 6.

I can see it now, Watson becoming Texans franchise QB and Cook becoming the leagues best RB. Both of who could have been Jets.

But that Safety duo tho...

Reaching for a QB is only something that's going to delay the rebuild.  While this team isn't going anywhere without one it's still just as important to make sure we're building a solid young core at the same time.  I'm not going to pretend to know if Watson will be good or not, I do know a few training camps won't decide that.  However, with that being said it's obvious the Jets view Hack as having just at least as much potential as Watson and thought it was better to "roll the dice" this year knowing that the worst case scenario is Hack stinks and the Jets get an early rd. pick in a much deeper QB class.  

9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Jets desperately needed a QB and they didn't draft one.  If any of the top QB's in the 2017 class turn out to be franchise QB's, Mac will be second guessed until the end of time, no matter how good Jamal Adams is.

With that logic,  if he had drafted Trubisky, and Watson turns out to be the "one", he'd be second guessed. If he had drafted Watson  but Kizer turns out to be the best, he'd be second guessed. Not sure, he should really give a crap about being second guessed by people that will second guess him 90pct of the time. Meanwhile, he knows he found a stud in Adams and has Hack as option and if that fails he has the 2017 class of QBs to choose from. 

Macc made the right move but that certainly won't stop the second guessers from doing what they do best. 

With that logic,  if he had drafted Trubisky, and Watson turns out to be the "one", he'd be second guessed. If he had drafted Watson  but Kizer turns out to be the best, he'd be second guessed. Not sure, he should really give a crap about being second guessed by people that will second guess him 90pct of the time. Meanwhile, he knows he found a stud in Adams and has Hack as option and if that fails he has the 2017 class of QBs to choose from. 
Macc made the right move but that certainly won't stop the second guessers from doing what they do best. 

"Made the right move" according to YOU. When your team has a massive hole at the most important position on the field, and you don't address the need at all in the draft, it is quite fair to second guess the strategy. "Waiting for next year" to fill need X is a risky game to play. I hope it works out for Mac and the Jets, but if it doesn't, Mac will pay for it with his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

"Made the right move" according to YOU. When your team has a massive hole at the most important position on the field, and you don't address the need at all in the draft, it is quite fair to second guess the strategy. "Waiting for next year" to fill need X is a risky game to play. I hope it works out for Mac and the Jets, but if it doesn't, Mac will pay for it with his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch us draft a kicker in round 1 next year

I was one of the guys begging Macc to pick Watson but I was not upset they picked Adams. One top guy always falls and it seems the Jets have benefited twice now. Leo being the first and Adams being the second. I campaigned big time for Watson but Adams was a no-brainer. The Texans are a talented team and Watson should do well there. The Jets are a different story though and the talent level on the Texans is quite a bit higher so Watson IMHO landed in the best place possible for him succeed out of the gate.

19 hours ago, PS17 said:

It would be so Jets-like for him to go on to be a Hall of Famer.

John McClain, Houston Chronicle football writer: "I covered Warren Moon from from Day 1 for 10 years. At his 3rd practice, Watson reminds me of Moon n his first camp in 1984. So smooth!"

"Deshaun is ahead of any rookie quarterback I've ever been around," Texans head coach Bill O'Brien told reporters Tuesday.

"I don't really know how to articulate what I know about him," Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said in mid-July, via ESPN's Sarah Barshop. "... All those great ones, the Michael Jordans, the Steph Currys, the LeBron Jameses, the Joe Montanas, the Tom Bradys ... there's a uniqueness to them. There's something to them. Yes, you can see talent. But there's this other stuff that you cannot see until you really get around it every day. And that's what he's got."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725281-deshaun-watsons-impressive-start-leaves-bill-obrien-no-more-excuses

Pretty much what I expected. Thanks Izdickagnan!

3 hours ago, JiF said:

The 2018 QB class, is hands down, bar none, the most overrated, over hyped QB class in the history of the league and I dont even need to see this 2017 season to make that claim. You would think we're staring at a draft class of Elway, Aikman and Manning the way people are talking about these bozo's.  None of these guys are cant miss, none of them are significantly better than Watson, none of them have an elite skill set at anything and all of them have majors flaws and concerns.  None of them will have near the resume of Watson coming out, ...from a stats, to level of comp, to big game, to intangibles, to the superstar factor...they're not even close.  

I cant wait to see these dudes this season.  If anyone of them follows their expectations the way Watson did capping off the year with one of the greatest QB performances in the history of college Football beating "the greatest Defense in the history of college Football"....I will legit be shocked. 

I have no clue if Watson will be a great pro but I wouldnt bet against him and I would much rather him over any prospect coming out next year.  I may be wrong in the long run but I 100% would have taken him this year with no fear of the hype of next year. 

One of the least informed, non-factual posts ever.  The reason the class of 2018 is so hyped doesnt even have all that much to do with one particular player, its because there are 3 (or even 4) guys who MAY emerge as the #1 overall pick and have the physical ability to claim that draft spot.

Im sure you will tout years when guys like Matt Barkely or Teddy Bridgewater were "the next best thing" and they didnt pan out as top 3 picks, but that simply reinforces the argument against your position - those classes were so weak, that as soon as "the best" college QB was shown to not have the physical ability to be a top overall pick, there was no one left and teams were left sifting through 2nd tier prospects.

Guys like Matt Barkely, Bridgewater, Watson etc fall because they dont have elite arm strength and/or size.  Andrew Luck, Peyton, Elway etc all lived up to the hype because their physical ability was in line with their production. Elway had a cannon arm and was one of the best athletes to play the position well in the history of college football (see Yankees draft pick).  Peyton and Luck are a tier behind him in arm, but have elite physical size at over 6'4 and 230+lbs and played in pro systems.  That is why they wound up as "cant miss guys."  Even winston and mariota combined college production with elite physical skills - which is why they were the consensus 1 and 2 throughout the draft process.

Josh Allen, Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold are all 6'4+ with the requisite arm strength to excel in the NFL. Will they remain injury free, have production this season and minimal red flags - who knows.  Could Rosen's attitude push him to the teens of the draft, yes.  Could Allen not get his comp % up to a high enough level, sure.  But to have 3 QBs with elite physical traits, all playing at a high level in college football in the same season, from offenses with pro concepts, is why this class is very rare and VERY legitimate.  One could falter, but its very doubtful that none of these guys wind up as a top 3 pick.

16 minutes ago, BCJet said:

One of the least informed, non-factual posts ever.  The reason the class of 2018 is so hyped doesnt even have all that much to do with one particular player, its because there are 3 (or even 4) guys who MAY emerge as the #1 overall pick and have the physical ability to claim that draft spot.

Im sure you will tout years when guys like Matt Barkely or Teddy Bridgewater were "the next best thing" and they didnt pan out as top 3 picks, but that simply reinforces the argument against your position - those classes were so weak, that as soon as "the best" college QB was shown to not have the physical ability to be a top overall pick, there was no one left and teams were left sifting through 2nd tier prospects.

Guys like Matt Barkely, Bridgewater, Watson etc fall because they dont have elite arm strength and/or size.  Andrew Luck, Peyton, Elway etc all lived up to the hype because their physical ability was in line with their production. Elway had a cannon arm and was one of the best athletes to play the position well in the history of college football (see Yankees draft pick).  Peyton and Luck are a tier behind him in arm, but have elite physical size at over 6'4 and 230+lbs and played in pro systems.  That is why they wound up as "cant miss guys."  Even winston and mariota combined college production with elite physical skills - which is why they were the consensus 1 and 2 throughout the draft process.

Josh Allen, Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold are all 6'4+ with the requisite arm strength to excel in the NFL. Will they remain injury free, have production this season and minimal red flags - who knows.  Could Rosen's attitude push him to the teens of the draft, yes.  Could Allen not get his comp % up to a high enough level, sure.  But to have 3 QBs with elite physical traits, all playing at a high level in college football in the same season, from offenses with pro concepts, is why this class is very rare and VERY legitimate.  One could falter, but its very doubtful that none of these guys wind up as a top 3 pick.

Watson and Kizer will be as good or better tha any qb in next year's class not named Darnold or Allen

35 minutes ago, BCJet said:

EVER!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NO WAY!!!! 

Lets first start with, you proceed to tell me I'm miss informed and non-factual and then you proceed to tell me that these prospects that you're so high on MAY emerge as the #1 overall pick.  MAY emerge.  So, what information do you have that I dont, homey?  These dudes might not pan out and they might not even leave school.  

You can see the future?  Didnt think so.  So lets see how the season pans out.

All these dudes, have serious flaws:

Josh Rosen cant complete 60% of his passes in the Pac 12.  The Pac 12.  He's a complete and total goof ball that apparently, really doesnt care about Football. Plenty of college QB's are tall with big arms.  That doesnt make you a #1 overall prospect.   This dude once went 11-25 with 3 picks vs. BYU, BYU.  He barely has a winning record, in the Pac 12. But you want to take him #1 overall?  

Josh Allen has 1 year under his belt and threw 15 INT's at Wyoming.  He too, cant complete 60% of his passes...at Wyoming.  We're talking about a prospect from Wyoming who threw 15 INT's and cant complete 60% of his passes as a #1 pick?  Have you seen who Wyoming has on their schedule?  He's playing D2 level talent throwing picks and has serious accuracy issues.  

Sam Darnold, who I admit is a very solid prospect, still has a ton of questions and a lot to prove.  He doesnt even have a full year under his belt and is coming off a very Mark Sanchez like rise to stardom.  He's an average athlete with a massive wind up.  USC throws a ton of bubble screens and short underneath throws, though he has shown he can see the field pretty well when asked, he sure has a lot more to show.  His wind up leads to fumbles.  He doesnt take care of the ball well.  These things are going to be tough to overcome when you start play teams who actually try on D.  

So again, being tall and having a strong arm, doesnt make you a great prospect.   And just because you think they're going to be a top 3 pick, doesnt make them an auto-franchise QB.  Every year has the fear of next year behind it.  I think the best college QB prospect is Jacob Eason...should we wait for him to come out because he's the next sexy shiny object?  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

EVER!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NO WAY!!!! 

Lets first start with, you proceed to tell me I'm miss informed and non-factual and then you proceed to tell me that these prospects that you're so high on MAY emerge as the #1 overall pick.  MAY emerge.  So, what information do you have that I dont, homey?  These dudes might not pan out and they might not even leave school.  

You can see the future?  Didnt think so.  So lets see how the season pans out.

All these dudes, have serious flaws:

Josh Rosen cant complete 60% of his passes in the Pac 12.  The Pac 12.  He's a complete and total goof ball that apparently, really doesnt care about Football. Plenty of college QB's are tall with big arms.  That doesnt make you a #1 overall prospect.   This dude once went 11-25 with 3 picks vs. BYU, BYU.  He barely has a winning record, in the Pac 12. But you want to take him #1 overall?  

Josh Allen has 1 year under his belt an threw 15 INT's at Wyoming.  He too, cant complete 60% of his passes...at Wyoming.  We're talking about a prospect from Wyoming who threw 15 INT's and cant complete 60% of his passes as a #1 pick?  Have you seen who Wyoming has on their schedule?  He's playing D2 level talent throwing picks and has serious accuracy issues.  

Sam Darnold, who I admit is a very solid prospect, still has a ton of questions and a lot to prove.  He doesnt even have a full year under his belt and is coming off a very Mark Sanchez like rise to stardom.  He's an average athlete with a massive wind up.  USC throws a ton of bubble screens and short underneath throws, though he has shown he can see the field pretty well when asked, he sure has a lot more to show.  His wind up leads to fumbles.  He doesnt take care of the ball well.  These things are going to be tough to overcome when you start play teams who actually try on D.  

So again, being tall and having a strong arm, doesnt make you a great prospect.   And just because you think they're going to be a top 3 pick, doesnt make them an auto-franchise QB.  Every year has the fear of next year behind it.  I think the best college QB prospect is Jacob Eason...should we wait for him to come out because he's the next sexy shiny object?  

The information I have is math.  Many years there are ZERO potential #1 pick QBs - like this past season for example, where there are college QBs with great production or great character but who dont have elite physical skills.

Well, guess what homey - in 2018 the class is hyped up not because there is one guy who could be the clear cut #1 pick, but because there are 3.  That is why there is hype surrounding the class.  I dont have a crystal ball, nor do you, but what I do know is that when there is the potential to have one guy with elite production and skills its nice- when there could be 3, its extremely rare, hence the hype.

As an aside - if Rosen/Allens comp % is such an issue, why isnt it for Eason who was at 55% this year?  And you mention Darnold's fumbles - did that translate to the pros for Mariota?

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

The information I have is math.  Many years there are ZERO potential #1 pick QBs - like this past season for example, where there are college QBs with great production or great character but who dont have elite physical skills.

Well, guess what homey - in 2018 the class is hyped up not because there is one guy who could be the clear cut #1 pick, but because there are 3.  That is why there is hype surrounding the class.  I dont have a crystal ball, nor do you, but what I do know is that when there is the potential to have one guy with elite production and skills its nice- when there could be 3, its extremely rare, hence the hype.

As an aside - if Rosen/Allens comp % is such an issue, why isnt it for Eason who was at 55% this year?  And you mention Darnold's fumbles - did that translate to the pros for Mariota?

This time last year, Watson was the favorite #1 pick, along with Brad Kaya.  2 years ago, Hack was the favorite #1 pick.  This happens every year.  

And you have Math?  Math?  Lmfao  This isnt anywhere near the first time we've seen this possibility because we've actually seen it play out.  3 out of the last 5 drafts, we saw QB's go #1 and #2 overall.  What could potentially happen next year if all the stars align, isnt rare, at all.  Far far far from it, in fact.  And 2 of those 3 years, there were also mid 1st round prospects that went as well.  So again, this isnt extremely rare.  The "math" says its common.  .  

Legit - your rationale right now is, tall with big arms and people say so.  Do you know how many college QBs in the past fit that bill?  Do you know how many either fail to live up to the expectation in college, let alone fail once they get drafted?  

I can legitimately say, the 2018 QB class is the most hyped I've ever seen.  You could argue but I dont recall one in my lifetime this hyped.  What you cant say, and neither can anyone else, is that this is a rare situation because it's not and facts prove that.  And you cant say for certain, that these same names will be thought of so highly come this time next year.

5 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

Reaching for a QB is only something that's going to delay the rebuild.  While this team isn't going anywhere without one it's still just as important to make sure we're building a solid young core at the same time.  I'm not going to pretend to know if Watson will be good or not, I do know a few training camps won't decide that.  However, with that being said it's obvious the Jets view Hack as having just at least as much potential as Watson and thought it was better to "roll the dice" this year knowing that the worst case scenario is Hack stinks and the Jets get an early rd. pick in a much deeper QB class.  

Oh, this great current core? Give me a fvckin' break. No, again, they keep drafting defense (But not a great pass rusher) at the top and it gets you nowhere. We will hear how these guys are great hitters(valueless under the rules) and great in coverage, but if you do not have a decent pass rush (and the Jets don't ) the play breaks down and you get beat later instead of sooner. I will no longer buy this mountain of BS. They take defense because the coaches they hire ask for it and it's less likely to be second-guessed. If Blaine Gabbert or Erik Flowers sucks, it's there for everyone to see. Darron Lee, or any number of garbage top round DBs, you can hide'em for a season or 2. More scared pussified attitude around Florham Park. 

Again-look at the record. They waste picks habitually at every defense unit (except again the one that matters, pass rush) and it gets us nowhere. 

CALVIN PRYOR < DEREK CARR FOREVER. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

This time last year, Watson was the favorite #1 pick, along with Brad Kaya.  2 years ago, Hack was the favorite #1 pick.  This happens every year.  

And you have Math?  Math?  Lmfao  This isnt anywhere near the first time we've seen this possibility because we've actually seen it play out.  3 out of the last 5 drafts, we saw QB's go #1 and #2 overall.  What could potentially happen next year if all the stars align, isnt rare, at all.  Far far far from it, in fact.  And 2 of those 3 years, there were also mid 1st round prospects that went as well.  So again, this isnt extremely rare.  The "math" says its common.  .  

Legit - your rationale right now is, tall with big arms and people say so.  Do you know how many college QBs in the past fit that bill?  Do you know how many either fail to live up to the expectation in college, let alone fail once they get drafted?  

I can legitimately say, the 2018 QB class is the most hyped I've ever seen.  You could argue but I dont recall one in my lifetime this hyped.  What you cant say, and neither can anyone else, is that this is a rare situation because it's not and facts prove that.  And you cant say for certain, that these same names will be thought of so highly come this time next year.

Above is what you just wrote - and here is  your original statement I refuted "The 2018 QB class, is hands down, bar none, the most overrated, over hyped QB class in the history"

You are simply changing your story as you go on.

Those draft classes RESULTED in guys going 1/2 - that happened.  What didnt happen was going into that year, with the exception of possibly mariota and winston, where people had multiple guys capable of being #1.  

Yes watson was the overall top QB, but no one had Kaya anywhere near the top 10.  Hackenberg was talked about being #1 after his freshman year, not after his sophmore and even so, he was the only guy.

Lastly, in no way am I saying "big, tall guys = #1 pick".  What im saying is that every year there are guys who excel in college, sometimes against elite competition (tim tebow) who dont have the physical ability to also excel in the pros.  The 3 guys this year have that physical ability and have either showed flashes (Rosen and Allen) or have already excelled (Darnold) enough to warrant going #1.

Again - this class is hyped because there are 3 "Desean Watsons" (guys who have a legit shot to go 1 overall) - not 1.  So if you are now saying its the most hyped, well then I agree.  If you want me to agree that its "over-hyped" well that simply isnt true.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not looking to get into this fight but I will comment that 1983 and 2004 probably had as much or more hype.  2004 had a big 3 who were taken in the top 11 picks and two of them have gone on to win SBs and the third was pretty damned good also.  1983 needs no introduction.  You could say this class has more 'hype' because of social media and all the additional buzz that creates, but as of yet, 2018 has potential but still has work to do.  

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This can't be, the draft blog readers assured me that his velocity to accuracy algorithm would hinder his immediate predictive Lenin-Carpenter success rate. 

Little early to be taking victory laps, no? Kind of like your victory laps when the Mets got back to .500 that you tried to take.... Some just never learn......

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

Above is what you just wrote - and here is  your original statement I refuted "The 2018 QB class, is hands down, bar none, the most overrated, over hyped QB class in the history"

You are simply changing your story as you go on.

Those draft classes RESULTED in guys going 1/2 - that happened.  What didnt happen was going into that year, with the exception of possibly mariota and winston, where people had multiple guys capable of being #1.  

Yes watson was the overall top QB, but no one had Kaya anywhere near the top 10.  Hackenberg was talked about being #1 after his freshman year, not after his sophmore and even so, he was the only guy.

Lastly, in no way am I saying "big, tall guys = #1 pick".  What im saying is that every year there are guys who excel in college, sometimes against elite competition (tim tebow) who dont have the physical ability to also excel in the pros.  The 3 guys this year have that physical ability and have either showed flashes (Rosen and Allen) or have already excelled (Darnold) enough to warrant going #1.

Again - this class is hyped because there are 3 "Desean Watsons" (guys who have a legit shot to go 1 overall) - not 1.  So if you are now saying its the most hyped, well then I agree.  If you want me to agree that its "over-hyped" well that simply isnt true.

Maybe that was a bit extreme.  I get passionate sometimes.  I'm not changing my story though.  I believe this is the most hyped class I've seen in my lifetime and I dont understand why.  So as we sit here and discuss it, I'm finding it over hyped.  Maybe after 2017 I'll understand the hype more but right now, I'm more of a skeptic than a believer.  

I dont think you're remembering those years correctly.  There was back and forth and a lot of debate on it.  Even the Luck/RGIII one.   There was those who thought RGIII was the better prospect.  Few...but their were.  That said, none of those drafts had this type of hype and all of those drafts, had players I like better than what I see next year.

Todd McShay had Kaya going #2 overall this time last year.  Others bought that hype as well. 

I dont know maybe it's because I'm a Jets fan and the Jets are tied closely to the prospects, so it might be too good to be true.  Not sure.  But the way people are talking about it,  you'd think we have a lot better prospects in this conversation than we do.  On paper, they're all very average sans Darnold.  The hype is because they look the part or have the "physical ability".  I just simplified and said, "big, tall with an arm".  The reality is, it's the same thing.

You believe the hype, I dont.  I dont put Rosen and Allen in the same company as Watson.  Then again, the league didnt think as highly of Watson as I did.  He was the 3rd taken just outside the top 10.  So, who knows?  What I do know, is I cant remember a class with what look like average QB's getting such hype.

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Oh, this great current core? Give me a fvckin' break. No, again, they keep drafting defense (But not a great pass rusher) at the top and it gets you nowhere. We will hear how these guys are great hitters(valueless under the rules) and great in coverage, but if you do not have a decent pass rush (and the Jets don't ) the play breaks down and you get beat later instead of sooner. I will no longer buy this mountain of BS. They take defense because the coaches they hire ask for it and it's less likely to be second-guessed. If Blaine Gabbert or Erik Flowers sucks, it's there for everyone to see. Darron Lee, or any number of garbage top round DBs, you can hide'em for a season or 2. More scared pussified attitude around Florham Park. 

Again-look at the record. They waste picks habitually at every defense unit (except again the one that matters, pass rush) and it gets us nowhere. 

CALVIN PRYOR < DEREK CARR FOREVER. 

Lol

Archived