Green & White Scrimmage Updates 08/05/17

JETSfaninNE

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW

Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoSNY)

8/5/17, 8:49 PM

Bryce Petty unofficially through 4 drives: 4 of 12, 45 yards.

Christian Hackenberg, unofficially through 4 drives: 3 of 5, 44 yards, one touchdown, 3 sacks.

Unofficially through 4 drives: Josh McCown is 6 of 9 for 82 yards, two touchdowns and one pick-6.

I'll leave my impressions right here.

Good 

Elijah McGuire looks like a professional running back and should see the field during the season

Marcus Maye looks like a good Safety. Fast, physical and with some ball skills. 

O-line looked more settled. 

Tight ends can catch and navigate the middle well. Leggett looks like a natural. 

Chris Harper and Myles White won some matchups.

Charone Peake flashed especially in the red zone.

Jalin Marshal is steady

Bad

Drops from Robby and Quincy

Darryl Roberts got lit up during 1v1s

11v11s were tragic to watch 

2 minute drill lacked any sense of urgency and featured ONLY Josh McCown.

Rookies

McGuire and Maye looked legit today. 

Adams was animated on the sideline.

Quiet practice from Donahue 

Stewart and Hansen have done nothing to stand out and would be on the roster bubble if they werent fairly high draft picks.

Derrick Jones got picked on a bit but recovered from mistakes well.

QBs

McCown- for all the lifelines this guy has been given in his career you'd think he was a good QB. So incredibly average and boring and nondescript and yet here we are.

Hack- looked bad until he made 1 throw. It's been trending down for him lately. 

Petty- looked good and then looked less good. He has probably gained ground on Hack and McCown recently but that's not saying much. 

There seem to be confusions and mistakes when Petty and Hack come in. They don't command the huddle like McCown. This is especially disconcerting for Petty who had problems calling his blocking schemes last year and seems to have some trouble lining up his teammates this year. His last throw during 11v11s saw him audible at the line but 2 receivers ended up going for it in the same area of the end zone.

I'm lucky enough to have a family member that works for the team. Tonight my son and I were in the family section and on the field after the scrimmage meeting players past and present. It was the old timers that brought ne back to my childhood. Bruce Harper is one of the funniest and most approachable guys I've met. He even photo bombed a posture with me and klecko (who was kind enough to sign my jersey).  Speaking with the wives of Harper and Ken Schroy was as pleasant as it was surreal. Same goes for Wesley walker and bunch of other guys. My son met Mo and Richardson, took a pic with Cromartie who was in civvies and always obliging. Really a great night for father and son.  We'll done by the Jets. 

Jets wide receiver Quincy Enunwa suffered a neck injury during practice at MetLife Stadium Saturday night.

Enunwa, Gang Green's top wideout, ran a slant route in 7-on-7 drills and dove for a pass. He dropped the ball and tumbled over. When he tried to get up, his leg gave out and he collapsed to the turf face-first. He lay motionless with his head down.

Trainers rushed onto the field and tended to Enunwa for several minutes. Eventually, the 25-year-old got onto his feet and limped off the field. He immediately headed into the tunnel.

While at first it appeared Enunwa injured his leg, Jets coach Todd Bowles said it was a neck injury.

The Jets held practice at their home stadium Saturday for their annual Green and White Scrimmage.

This is a developing story please check back for updates.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets wide receiver Quincy Enunwa suffered a neck injury during practice at MetLife Stadium Saturday night.

Enunwa, Gang Green's top wideout, ran a slant route in 7-on-7 drills and dove for a pass. He dropped the ball and tumbled over. When he tried to get up, his leg gave out and he collapsed to the turf face-first. He lay motionless with his head down.

Trainers rushed onto the field and tended to Enunwa for several minutes. Eventually, the 25-year-old got onto his feet and limped off the field. He immediately headed into the tunnel.

While at first it appeared Enunwa injured his leg, Jets coach Todd Bowles said it was a neck injury.

The Jets held practice at their home stadium Saturday for their annual Green and White Scrimmage.

This is a developing story please check back for updates.

This doesn't sound good

Archived