Enunwa Injury a Reminder That Jets Shouldn’t Have Dumped Decker

JetNation

9 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Eric Decker played one healthy season out of three with the Jets.  What's the sense of having him and paying him if he's not on the field?

What's the sense of cutting good players at important positions with reasonable contracts?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc is cleaning house we are a rebuilding franchise, going with the youth movement haven't you heard. 

Image result for josh mccown gifs

Youth Movement = Signing a 39 year old scrub Starting QB and trying to talk a 41 year old possession receiver out of retirement

Macagnan is CLUE-LESS

28 minutes ago, thadude said:

This will get Macagnan and Bowles fired in January:

B30GussIIAEJnha.jpg

Maybe, maybe not.  All depends on how the recent draft picks play and whether we found a QB or we are in a position to draft a QB in the high end of the draft.  Now, that crowd and another 5-11 season (draft pick 6-12) with the Macc picks playing like dogsh*t...then probably.  

Right now, its all about the process.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  All depends on how the recent draft picks play and whether we found a QB or we are in a position to draft a QB in the high end of the draft.  Now, that crowd and another 5-11 season (draft pick 6-12) with the Macc picks playing like dogsh*t...then probably.  

Right now, its all about the process.

When Garropolo is putting up 35+ points on Bowles' defense (aka Macagnan's entire drafts 2015-2017) in week 17  I got a funny feeling both Macagnan and Bowles will be getting the pink slip the next day on Black Monday.

What if Decker re-injured one of the 100 things he's injured in the past.  Would this article still matter?  This is a pretty silly hypothetical imo.  Enunwa being held out with a minor injury right now is a good thing for someone like Gabe Marks who will get more time and experience for evaluations before cut down.

edit: Just noticed i'm not the only one with this argument.  Good to see.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

This will get Macagnan and Bowles fired in January:

B30GussIIAEJnha.jpg

I feel for everyone in that crowd and those who will be there this 2017 season I was every home game during the 1-15 Kotite season there is nothing fun about it except tailgating with friends and family. 

1 hour ago, thadude said:

What's the sense of cutting good players at important positions with reasonable contracts?

Is injured reserve considered an important position? This is a rebuilding team. No sense to keep older players that are useless on the sidelines. 

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

Moving Decker off the roster makes sense, but the way it was done makes none. Try and get a pick hell even if it's a 6th rounder who cares don't just let the guy walk for nothing!

If Mac had a clue, we would not have had the worst roster in the league. We still have some good players. But Mac is hell bent on ruining a few careers. I've never hated a GM as much as I hate Mac. Not even Idzik. Idzik didn't assemble the worst roster in the league even in a year he left sh*t ton of space for the following year for Mac to gobble. 

53 minutes ago, thadude said:

When Garropolo is putting up 35+ points on Bowles' defense (aka Macagnan's entire drafts 2015-2017) in week 17  I got a funny feeling both Macagnan and Bowles will be getting the pink slip the next day on Black Monday.

Projection.  I'm hoping they win that game.  

Feelings?  You want to talk about feelings?  Listen to this and then we can properly put football in perspective.

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I feel for everyone in that crowd and those who will be there this 2017 season I was every home game during the 1-15 Kotite season there is nothing fun about it except tailgating with friends and family. 

More feelings...

5 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

Decker would have been a non-fit on this team as it stands now. 

Our roster is more or less on the same boat when it comes to the trajectory of their careers. Either they're younger players with less than a year of starting experience being thrust into vital roles on the team or they're veterans trying to make a home for themselves during the prime years of their careers. The only notable exceptions are Matt Forte whose only here because of his contract, and Josh McCown who accepts his role in the youth revolution as a bridge QB.

Decker doesn't quite fit those descriptions, he's about to hit thirty and still has something to give a competitive team over the next few years  of his career. We could have kept him around, he could have given some pointers to younger receivers or maybe provided the QB's with a proven option, and he could have been our main "face of the franchise" for a while, but to what end? So he can be cut next year as the younger players take over? So he can have the thought that he's essentially playing a wasted year on a team that's trying to build for a future he wont be involved in? (the opposite of when he joined)

Nah, lets just cut out the middle man and get ahead on this. This year is about the young players and unless you're like Mccown and you're prepared to have your job taken there's no need to be on this team right now. The Jets did Decker a favor by doing this a year earlier than they needed to.

Decker healthy makes this a much better offense given who we have now.   But it was 50/50 he was going to stay healthy for the year.

For the Jets to get lucky this year Stewart and Hansen outperform and step up.  They are working on on it.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

You cant be serious. The Jets are a perfect example of what success you have with a decent QB. 

You misunderstood me.  I'm not saying that a great QB can't make a a difference. I was the one who was saying last year that we substitute Brady for Fitz and where would our team have been? Playoffs at least IMO.... No, what I was saying was that you can't have CFL players around the QB and expect him to carry the load.  

A perfect example of that IMO was Archie Manning of the 1970's, great QB, horrible supporting staff, led to horrific play and CONSTANT LOSING!!!

For me football is a great game precisely because you have to have a pretty good team to win it all.  This isn't basketball where Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan, or Lebron James can change a team regardless of talent.

It is simple my friend, in the NFL no matter how great the QB, he needs help, plain and simple.

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You misunderstood me.  I'm not saying that a great QB can't make a a difference. I was the one who was saying last year that we substitute Brady for Fitz and where would our team have been? Playoffs at least IMO.... No, what I was saying was that you can't have CFL players around the QB and expect him to carry the load.  

A perfect example of that IMO was Archie Manning of the 1970's, great QB, horrible supporting staff, lead to horrific play and CONSTANT LOSING!!!

For me football is a great game precisely because you have to have a pretty good team to win it all.  This isn't basketball where Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan, or Lebron James can change a team regardless of talent.

It is simple my friend, in the NFL no matter how great the QB, he needs help, plain and simple.

We just drafted 2 Safeties what more help does the starting QB need here. 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

If Mac had a clue, we would not have had the worst roster in the league. We still have some good players. But Mac is hell bent on ruining a few careers. I've never hated a GM as much as I hate Mac. Not even Idzik. Idzik didn't assemble the worst roster in the league even in a year he left sh*t ton of space for the following year for Mac to gobble. 

Does anyone ever actually converse football with you?

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Where do you get this nonsense from? 

The reality is that no QB is going to be good with the Jets offense this year, if you can even call it that. They have a shaky O-line, their starting RB is 33 years old and their receivers are inexperienced and so far have dropped more passes than they've caught. 

If Hack does start, you're going to see the same thing that happened with Geno. In his rookie season, he was forced to start from game 1, and the #1 receiver was David Nelson. And then people wondered why he ended up throwing a million INTs. 

1 minute ago, Freemanm said:

The reality is that no QB is going to be good with the Jets offense this year, if you can even call it that. They have a shaky O-line, their starting RB is 33 years old and their receivers are inexperienced and so far have dropped more passes than they've caught. 

If Hack does start, you're going to see the same thing that happened with Geno. In his rookie season, he was forced to start from game 1, and the #1 receiver was David Nelson. And then people wondered why he ended up throwing a million INTs. 

I think I will wait until after the 3rd preseason game before I make any conclusive statements ..

20 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Surprised to see how many people don't think a deeper receiving corps could benefit the development of a young QB.

If the Jets went out and overpaid for Anquan Boldin right now, the same dudes would be writing about how crucial it is to have experienced receivers.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets went out and overpaid for Anquan Boldin right now, the same dudes would be writing about how crucial it is to have experienced receivers.

Jets fans last offseason- "The only reason Fitz was any good is because he had good receivers".

Me, today: "Maybe the Jets should have kept some of those good receivers to help their young QB"

Jets fans: That's so stupid, the QB makes the receiver, not the other way around.

20 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Jets fans last offseason- "The only reason Fitz was any good is because he had good receivers".

Me, today: "Maybe the Jets should have kept some of those good receivers to help their young QB"

Jets fans: That's so stupid, the QB makes the receiver, not the other way around.

Not really.  Those good receivers from two years ago, mostly Marshall and Decker, arent the same WRs in 2017 as they were in 2015.  

51 minutes ago, HessStation said:

This is exactly why cutting Decker was brilliant. You guys keep playing checkers yo. 

In a way it's a blessing in disguise. An injured Enunwa means better chance of 0-16 and the #1 pick and Mac and Bowles go bye bye

Archived