Enunwa Injury a Reminder That Jets Shouldn’t Have Dumped Decker

JetNation

5 hours ago, Drums said:

Remind me again how much Decker played last year? Seems to always be nursing an injury of some kind.  Guy is good when he is on the field.

Decker and Marshall are the reason we went 10-6 two years ago they were the best WR duo in the NFL and both had very reasonable contracts. They made a scrub like Ryan Fitzpatrick look good. Cutting both of them was royally stupid -- especially if you think Hack has any chance of being good

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thadude said:

Decker and Marshall are the reason we went 10-6 two years ago they were the best WR duo in the NFL and both had very reasonable contracts. They made a scrub like Ryan Fitzpatrick look good. Cutting both of them was royally stupid -- especially if you think Hack has any chance of being good

Somewhat agree.  Except that if they didn't have faith in Hack, they made the right move.  No sense getting wins and wasting cap space.

And while I still have hope for Hack, I think it's somewhat obvious what their opinion of him is.  Especially Marshall who requested a trade because he knew what was coming and didn't wanna waste his last couple years (I don't blame him).

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Somewhat agree.  Except that if they didn't have faith in Hack, they made the right move.  No sense getting wins and wasting cap space.

And while I still have hope for Hack, I think it's somewhat obvious what their opinion of him is.  Especially Marshall who requested a trade because he knew what was coming and didn't wanna waste his last couple years (I don't blame him).

Well as much of a Hack/Petty hater I am I have to almost feel sorry for them because Macagnan is so setting those two clowns up to fail it's ridiculous

Marshall could have bitched all he wanted a smarter, stronger regime would have said "ok, bitch all you want you are costing yourself $7.5 million and your next contract"

9 minutes ago, thadude said:

Well as much of a Hack/Petty hater I am I have to almost feel sorry for them because Macagnan is so setting those two clowns up to fail it's ridiculous

Marshall could have bitched all he wanted a smarter, stronger regime would have said "ok, bitch all you want you are costing yourself $7.5 million and your next contract"

Yeah they're definitely not doing Hack/Petty an favors.  But I have to believe they looked at where Hack and Petty were this offseason and figured it was a waste.  So may as well tank the season.

Now I still think it's possible for Hack or Petty to show enough to win the job moving forward.  It just won't result in wins because the team is so bad.  But if either of them can even do decent with this team, they're awesome as far as I'm concerned.  Not likely though.

24 minutes ago, thadude said:

I like Decker and like I said, when he was on the field, he was almost always producing, but he's gone and it's not supposed to be a great season (even if he was on the team), so cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

I like Decker and like I said, when he was on the field, he was almost always producing, but he's gone and it's not supposed to be a great season (even if he was on the team), so cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

Ok Maccagnan let Marshall and Decker go fair enough, but who did he remotely replace them with. 

Every old POS QB before retirement plays for the Jets. 

45 minutes ago, thadude said:

The incredibly easy schedule had a lot to do with that 10-6 record. Its not like the Jets faced a lot of top ranked defenses that season.

Marshall wanted out , Decker was coming off not 1 but two significant injuries , had the Jets resigned him there would have been massive bitching here about paying for a fragile Wr.

11 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Yeah they're definitely not doing Hack/Petty an favors.  But I have to believe they looked at where Hack and Petty were this offseason and figured it was a waste.  So may as well tank the season.

Now I still think it's possible for Hack or Petty to show enough to win the job moving forward.  It just won't result in wins because the team is so bad.  But if either of them can even do decent with this team, they're awesome as far as I'm concerned.  Not likely though.

If Mac decided to self-destruct because two young quarterbacks he drafted and hand picked look that bad maybe it's time for the organization to replace him

11 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

The incredibly easy schedule had a lot to do with that 10-6 record. Its not like the Jets faced a lot of top ranked defenses that season.

Marshall wanted out , Decker was coming off not 1 but two significant injuries , had the Jets resigned him there would have been massive bitching here about paying for a fragile Wr.

In a passing league you don't get rid of the best WR duo for nothing.  

15 minutes ago, thadude said:

If Mac decided to self-destruct because two young quarterbacks he drafted and hand picked look that bad maybe it's time for the organization to replace him

I wouldn't be upset if that's the case.  I mean if (when) we're horrible this year, tough to argue with firing the GM.

But at the same time, while it sucks that this season is gonna blow, I haven't been this excited about the direction of the team since Rex's AFC Championship runs.  It takes some serious balls to do what Macc is doing now.  Especially in NY.  He's going to get demolished because of how horrible the Jets will be this year.

So I'm completely fine with Macc getting the opportunity to reap the rewards of this disgrace of a season.  Give him at least three more years imo.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I wouldn't be upset if that's the case.  I mean if (when) we're horrible this year, tough to argue with firing the GM.

But at the same time, while it sucks that this season is gonna blow, I haven't been this excited about the direction of the team since Rex's AFC Championship runs.  It takes some serious balls to do what Macc is doing now.  Especially in NY.  He's going to get demolished because of how horrible the Jets will be this year.

So I'm completely fine with Macc getting the opportunity to reap the rewards of this disgrace of a season.  Give him at least three more years imo.

Wait, what? Extension? For Mac? C'mon man. I can agree on that if this was his first year. Totally agree. But in his third year when he hasn't done anything of value? Drafts = failures. FA signings = failures. W/L rocord = failure. Mac has made two good moves in three off season. Signing Carpenter and drafting Leo (I'll give him credit for Leo since it does take guts to draft a player of no immediate need that high up the board even if he fell to his lap). Every other signing was released before their contracts were up and no other draftee has impressed enough to be recognized. We'll see how Robbie plays though. He seems like a player that can be productive. And don't even get me started on drafting a safety that high when the team is sh*t. Even if Jamal Adams is the next Ed Reed, he's not changing this franchise around. A safety at that spot was purely a luxury pick. It also happened to be a desperation pick. So much for BPA. 

If (when?) signing Sanchez upgrades a team, its time to fire the GM. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Teams are going to play man coverage and blitz the sh*t out of the jets every passing down.  Our TEs and RBs will get a LOT of catches this year.  Not many 1st downs but a  lot of catches.

Powell in PPR is gonna be a monster.

50 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Powell in PPR is gonna be a monster.

Powell is okay and did very well last year but he is not a weapon.  He should have a big year relatively speaking but 'threat RB' is another position the jets have totally ignored like forever.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Teams are going to play man coverage and blitz the sh*t out of the jets every passing down.  Our TEs and RBs will get a LOT of catches this year.  Not many 1st downs but a  lot of catches.

With the change in offensive direction, I am expecting some noise from our fullbacks in a pass catching role. 

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Eh, it's hard to be a monster on an offense that just isn't scoring. He'll get touches but if we don't move the chains and score TDs (and I don't think we will) his upside is only so much.

Our offense won't be able to stay on the field and Matt Farte takes away carries 

Archived