Dolphins sign Jay Cutler to 1 year 10 million dollars. lmao

Villain The Foe

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You and JW think that makes him better than Fitz with 10 wins here.  Now thats funny

Generally, this is how you know you are onto something. Whenever you are in lock step with jw12, you have to think to yourself, man, I must be right.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Generally, this is how you know you are onto something. Whenever you are in lock step with jw12, you have to think to yourself, man, I must be right.

Very true, its a sound measuring board

14 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Cutler had his best season under Gase.  I think people are underrating this move.  Dolphins just got upgraded at QB.  They have the best OL they have had in years, strong run game with Ajayi, Landry might see less balls but Parker, Stills and Julius Thomas will all get major upgrades due to a better QB.  I know a lot of people just defer to LOL Cutler but I think this might be a good marriage. Cutler was best under Gase, only throwing 11 INTs that year.  Tannehill might not get his job back if they make a crazy wildcard run.

I agree with this. There are a lot of variables and moving parts with the Dolphins but Cutler is 100% better than Tannehill. He will also never actually win anything but the pairing makes sense and I think depending on what happens in the AFC they could sneak back into the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Mia will win 10 games with Cutler.

Our NYJ with McCown wont win 5.

Gase is a good coach.

Sad but true.

One step further.

The Jetsiest of things to happen would be if Williams or Richardson smash Brady ending his season.

If 40 y/o Brady gets hurt early on Mia could win the AFCE,

you've been watching too much Twin Peaks

:wacko:

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I agree with this. There are a lot of variables and moving parts with the Dolphins but Cutler is 100% better than Tannehill. He will also never actually win anything but the pairing makes sense and I think depending on what happens in the AFC they could sneak back into the playoffs.

Tannehill getting injured and them replacing him with Cutler saved their season

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Cutler has 12 wins combined over the last 4 seasons.

You and JW think that makes him better than Fitz with 10 wins here.  Now thats funny.  

Should I put up a LMAO for empahsis?

And a career bum like McCown with a 2-20 record last few seasons will be getting about $9 mil after playing incentives next season

Signing Cutler was the best move for the Fins they snuck into the playoffs last year, and have a better team this year. Gase is a good coach and is good with QB's, so let's hope they win at least 8-9 games, we don't need them picking in the top 5. The Dolphins have a better future at this point with Gase if he has continued success as a coach, he may pull a Bowles after his first year, who knows. 

Just now, thadude said:

And a career bum like McCown with a 2-20 record last few seasons will be getting about $9 mil after playing incentives next season

Hes not playing next year for one, two he a respected vet while Cutler is a POS who has won 12 games over the past 4 seasons.  

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Mia will win 10 games with Cutler.

Our NYJ with McCown wont win 5.

Gase is a good coach.

Sad but true.

One step further.

The Jetsiest of things to happen would be if Williams or Richardson smash Brady ending his season.

If 40 y/o Brady gets hurt early on Mia could win the AFCE,

If Brady gets hurt they still win the AFCE and even the AFC with Garappolo at QB

48 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You people are WAY OVERRATING the Fins,lol. The Jets & Bills were awful last year going through the motions. Cutler won't even finish the season, he hasn't in years. The dudes been sitting on his azz for over a year & just got up because let's face it, you'd have to be an IDIOT to turn down another guaranteed 10 million at the end of your career!

Ajayi won't run for over 200 against the Jets this year, that I guarantee! Do you know what the Fins look like this year? THE JETS, every year that Tannenbaum was around. They'll be RIGHT THERE, but Peter out at the end like overpaid Jets teams of the past. Miami was one of those teams last year who got some breaks, got by with the skin of their teeth & without scrutinizing their record look to take a step forward.

Its a mirage, similar to the Jets in 2015. I'm reading people on here saying, "Cutlers better than Tannyhill", well, he may be a better passer but how many times did Tannyhill get out of trouble using his FEET? Cutler can't get out of his own way when pressured. I'm sure the Fins will have a better overall record than the Jets but in the end will be on the outside looking in hopefully watching the NY Jets in position for the best college QB available in the 2018 draft.

A few things:

• I am glad that the Jets do not have Jay Cutler.  My guess is he wanted more from the Jets than he is getting from the Dolphins.  He is a turd that serves no purpose.
  • The Dolphins are where the Jets have been, which is no coincidence.  Tanny is building and running a perpetually competitive but mediocre team.
  • But seriously, although I question some of his FA signings, I can connect more with the draft picks that the Dolphins have made over the last three years than the Jets' picks.   Who on the Jets roster would start for the Dolphins, and they are not even that good?  You have to keep the 4-3.  It is not 11 players. 

If I had to predict, Woody will bring in another consultant and seasons end to review Mac's draft picks and to a lesser extent signings.  At this point, I think the consultant will conclude that the team over the last three years, although facing transition and challenges, was not reconstructed as well as it could have.

I don't think Macc could have made this a playoff team in 2017, but it could have been a 6-8 win team.   I think when you look at what other teams did after the Jets picked, you will see multiple examples of the better move to make than what Mac did.

But my mind and eyes remain open, if not disappointed.

17 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Cue the false outrage from ESPN over Kaepernick not being signed in 3...2...1...

The media keening over Kap has reached Epic Banshee proportions.

Apparently it's Kap's right to protest and believe what he likes, but no one else has a right to judge that use-of-right via their own right to free thought/expression.

We can respect Kaps right to his belief and still disagree fully with him and not want him on our team. Playing in the NFL is not a basic human right.

If Kap supporters were intellectually consistent, they'd be the first ones in line asking why Hollywood won't hire Mel Gibson or Kramer from Sienfeld.

Of course we all know it's not about free speech, with ESPN it's about unquestioned alignment with a very specific political viewpoint. Just listen to Lebetard and that much is clear.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The media keening over Kap has reached Epic Banshee proportions.

Apparently it's Kap's right to protest and believe what he likes, but no one else has a right to judge that use-of-right via their own right to free thought/expression.

We can respect Kaps right to his belief and still disagree fully with him and not want him on our team. Playing in the NFL is not a basic human right.

If Kap supporters were intellectually consistent, they'd be the first ones in line asking why Hollywood won't hire Mel Gibson or Kramer from Sienfeld.

Of course we all know it's not about free speech, with ESPN it's about unquestioned alignment with a very specific political viewpoint. Just listen to Lebetard and that much is clear.

BOOM!!

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

This comment brings to mind that old Phil Collins/Genesis song Land of Illusion.

On to Cutler yeah he did have one of his best seasons with Gase but Cutler is older and has more mileage on that older body now. At this point Tannehill is the better QB and by a large margin. Fins taking a shot here and its a big blow to lose your starter but I don't think they will be that much better than if they stayed in house. Look at the bright side. Its going to cost them 10mil+ to find out they should have just went with Moore. Anything that hurts the Fins makes this Jet Fan smile. SQUISH THE FISH!!!

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Cutler has 12 wins combined over the last 4 seasons.

You and JW think that makes him better than Fitz with 10 wins here.  Now thats funny.  

Should I put up a LMAO for empahsis?

sh*tzpatrick - 27-34 over the last 5 years - ZERO career playoff appearance. 
or
sh*tler - 28-36 over the last 5 years - Oh, and a playoff victory as well, something Fitz doesn't know what it is. 

Sounds about same to me. Tell me why $10mil is a lot for Cutler if $12mil for sh*tz wasn't? 

10 minutes ago, j4jets said:

sh*tzpatrick - 27-34 over the last 5 years - ZERO career playoff appearance. 
or
sh*tler - 28-36 over the last 5 years - Oh, and a playoff victory as well, something Fitz doesn't know what it is. 

Sounds about same to me. Tell me why $10mil is a lot for Cutler if $12mil for sh*tz wasn't? 

Cutler, 12 wins over his last 4 seasons.

Fitz was coming off a 10 win season where he played because of necessity, not a choice.  

No argument can be made to compare.  Fitz gave us 10 wins 

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

Fitz had his best season under Bowles.

One year later ... :bag:

Yep, this is deja vu all over again.  Look, we're the last ones to be making fun of any team's QB situation but this is such a reminder of the 2016 Jets....Coming off an overachieving season with a rookie coach who's being viewed as the next genius believing they are closer than they really are to be a competitor.  Not advocating every team to fold the season and tank cause the Patriots are just too good but I also am just not ready to believe they're the next juggernaut and Gase is the next Belichek until I see more.

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Fitz was coming off a 10 win season where he played because of necessity, not a choice.  

I wouldn't say gave us, he contributed by throwing the ball up for grabs and watching Marshall and decker come down w/ it.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I wouldn't say gave us, he contributed by throwing the ball up for grabs and watching Marshall and decker come down w/ it.

Yeah, thats what he did.

You should stay out of QB conversations.  

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Are we really discussing which sh*t looks better?

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

says the guy w/ the most overrated QB in NFL history as his avatar and a guy defending Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Joe Namath was not overrated by any stretch.  If he played with today's rules he would put up record numbers.  

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Joe Namath was not overrated by any stretch.  If he played with today's rules he would put up record numbers.  

yeah, he couldn't stay healthy w/ defensive lineman the size of WRs today but he'd be fine w/ 300 lb athletic men crashing down on him.

he played in the era he played and had a mediocre career, injuries played a major role but those are the breaks.  Durability counts and he was damaged goods when we drafted him.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yeah, he couldn't stay healthy w/ defensive lineman the size of WRs today but he'd be fine w/ 300 lb athletic men crashing down on him.

he played in the era he played and had a mediocre career, injuries played a major role but those are the breaks.  Durability counts and he was damaged goods when we drafted him.

I was old enough to see him play, and quite frankly I'm not wasting my time arguing about Namath's greatness with you.  Believe what you want.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Offensive lineman who werent allowed to use their hands.  Who couldnt extend their arms.  Namath was battered and destroyed by jealous defensive players at a time where it was allowed.  Hit multiple times a game that would draw suspensions today

Just like the dbs were allowed to clutch, grab and maul WRs compared to today where you cant breath on a WR.  

Modern medicine would have kept Namath upright today.  He had a slight tear that required full invasive surgery in his day, would have been scoped today

You lack basic understanding of the game and times he played in and again should take yourself out of the conversation if youre going to make these kinds of comments.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Offensive lineman who werent allowed to use their hands.  Who couldnt extend their arms.  Namath was battered and destroyed by jealous defensive players at a time where it was allowed.  Hit multiple times a game that would draw suspensions today

Just like the dbs were allowed to clutch, grab and maul WRs compared to today where you cant breath on a WR.  

Modern medicine would have kept Namath upright today.  He had a slight tear that required full invasive surgery in his day, would have been scoped today

You lack basic understanding of the game and times he played in and again should take yourself out of the conversation if youre going to make these kinds of comments.

Don't waste your time. I'm not sure of your age, but fans like me that were old enough and fortunate enough to watch him play appreciate his talent and what he did for the Jets. He is why I'm a Jets fan, I idolized him as a kid. 

As a matter of fact, Jet detractors in those days used to say we were nothing without Namath, and they probably weren't to far off. 

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

fantastic display of abject ignorance about the game back then.  Wow.  Any degree of credibility you might have once had.... *poof* just like that... gone

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Don't waste your time. I'm not sure of your age, but fans like me that were old enough and fortunate enough to watch him play appreciate his talent and what he did for the Jets.  As a matter of fact Jet detractors in those days used to say we were nothing without Namath, and they probably weren't to far off. 

Totally agree with this.  I watched Namath, hes the reason I watch football and one of the main reasons I root for the Jets.  

Anyone who wants to make the argument that Namath had it easier because of the size of the DL never watched the game.  It was a brutal game back in the 60s for  QB.  Namath was one of the all time toughest football players in the history of this league.  

Madden is one of those who says namath was one of the all time bests who carried his team and league on his back, was a tough SOB

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I was old enough to see him play, and quite frankly I'm not wasting my time arguing about Namath's greatness with you.  Believe what you want.

I know, you had to see him play.  I never saw babe Ruth play but somehow I know he was great but I just had to watch Joe throw INts to determine his greatness.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

if Joe was hit today the way he was in his career he'd be dead b/c the players are so much bigger, stronger and faster.

I compare Joe to his peers and he doesn't stack up. you guys are trying to rewrite history, he can't play in this era.  he played in the pass happy AFL era where he was an INT machine and held the Jets back in their glory years of the last 60s.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

fantastic display of abject ignorance about the game back then.  Wow.  Any degree of credibility you might have once had.... *poof* just like that... gone

yes, Joe was just the bestest!  did you know he threw for over 4,000 yds in just 14 games?! did you also know that he threw away the Jets season in that year? Joe had a mediocre career, he was a media superstar but his play on the field did not match that level for very long.  he had flashes of greatness but not consistent greatness. 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Totally agree with this.  I watched Namath, hes the reason I watch football and one of the main reasons I root for the Jets.  

Anyone who wants to make the argument that Namath had it easier because of the size of the DL never watched the game.  It was a brutal game back in the 60s for  QB.  Namath was one of the all time toughest football players in the history of this league.  

Madden is one of those who says namath was one of the all time bests who carried his team and league on his back, was a tough SOB

Please try reading, I didn't say Joe had it easier.  I was responding to the silly notion he'd dominate today b/c of the rules changes, he'd get hit HARDER today by bigger, stronger, faster players.  the one advantage he'd have is modern medicine so maybe he could have stayed healthy longer but who knows?  all we can judge him on is against his era and he had a mediocre career.

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Don't waste your time. I'm not sure of your age, but fans like me that were old enough and fortunate enough to watch him play appreciate his talent and what he did for the Jets. He is why I'm a Jets fan, I idolized him as a kid. 

As a matter of fact, Jet detractors in those days used to say we were nothing without Namath, and they probably weren't to far off. 

the Jets were nothing WITH Namath in the 70s.  in the great late 60s he cost the Jets a div title in 1967, was costing them in 1968 until they scaled back the pass O to limit his INTs. 

I get it, he was probably your hero as a kid but we grow up and can see things clearer as adults.  I loved Ken O'Brien as a kid but as I grew up and better understood the game I realized he was nowhere near as good as I thought.

Archived