Quincy enunwa out for season with neck injury

Jets Daily Dosage.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Terrible, career probably over. You just can't fool around with neck injuries....

So does that close the book on the John Idzik drafting era?

Sheldon and Dakota Dozier are still here.

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I cheer for the laundry & although Enunwa has been a good soldier, having a #2 wide receiver talent wise isn't the best way to rebuild if QE & his agent stsrted talking about "best offensive player" on this Jets squad. This team was going NO WHERE, with or without Quincy Enunwa but let's stop this idea that he was a number 1 WR. I saw a lot of Jet fans yapping about why we didn't sign Quincy to a long term deal. Well, now we find out this isn't the 1st time he's hurt his neck. Nothing, and I mean nothing, f*cks over your salary cap than signing players to big long term contracts and then losing them for the season. So, while I wish Quincy the best in his rehab, as a Jet fan I'm glad that during this sh*tshow we're gonna see this year, I'm not constantly reminded that the newly signed Quincy Enunwa might not ever play football again. So it looks like we have a great shot at picking whoever we believe will be the best college football QB in the land next year. If I'm the Jets, I'm already planning to go all out after a top offensive mind like Sean Payton. You could keep your offense together with Morton & Bates. You'd have 2 young QBs to mold in Sam or Hack (if Sam seems to be the chosen one), you have over 80 million dollars to spend on OFFENSE for once instead of defense (just draft more D) and fill in with lower priced bargains for depth. So while this injury obviously SUCKS the silver lining for Jet fans is that in 2017, Quincy maybe wins you 1 or 2 games? Look at the Pats, they lose Gronk and win a Super Bowl. We need a QB more than we need any other player! Huge for Quincy & his future, not huge for Jet fans or the 2017 season. Reality Bites.

Pragmatism... gotta respect it.

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I like our young WR because they all catch the ball well . Right now, these guys are getting used to the QBs and the route combinations, so the drops are happening because their heads are swimming . By the end of Camp, I expect to see a difference . I like a group that includes;  Anderson, Peake, Harper, Stewart, Hansen and Wilson .   

Agree..It's only the beginning of week 2 of TC..

New York Jets‏ @nyjets  

Bowles: Enunwa has a bulging disk. A second opinion will likely indicate surgery and a 6-9 month recovery. Told it's not career threatening.

David J. Chao, MD‏ @ProFootballDoc  

Probably more than a bulge if surgery indicated. Single level cervical discectomy/fusion for herniated disc can return to @NFL football.

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Because of losing QE? Nice player but others can step up and do the things he does

yeah I hate to say it and no he is not some superstar receiver but on THIS team, THIS year his contributions I believe would have been tremendous. We now dont currently have anyone on the roster I think can consistently get off the line to catch balls for this team. I think out TE's and RB's are going to do their part to try to salvage this offense but the WR' are a big part of it and frankly there isnt enough there to inspire me past 2 wins...maybe 1. 

Roberson- I think he is too light in the ass to be our #1 and get off press coverage.....and now that the league has tape on him it will be even harder for him.

Peake-I honestly never had any faith in him, too many drops. He will have to convince me

Marshall- flashed in preseason and then, well, showed us what he was really worth during the season...and isnt he suspended a few games?

no-one else honestly inspired me worth pointing out their deficiencies. 

Like I said he is NOT a star by an means but I believe his contributions, blocking and big play ability will be missed more than we think this year.....in a year we have so little else.

IMO

Although the play calls are complicated and the terminology is a lot for the QBs and WRs, this offense is easier then what Gailey was running as far as option routes and hot reads.  If I remember correctly from some of the write ups about what San Fran ran when Morton was there, the QB and WRs have their blitz reads pre-determined which should help the young WR group.

Look, losing Q is terrible on many levels, but the fact remains this was about developing young players and that narrative is unchanged.  Now guys like Stewart and Hansen are going to get significant, real game experience to hopefully prepare themselves for 2018 and beyond.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Peyton Manning was rarely hit while moving rapidly, avoiding violent collisions.  He was also able to lay down in the fetal position before taking a hit, something he did often.  A QB can do that. A WR is going to get clobbered periodically.

Even if QE does get medicaly cleared.  He will still have to decide if it's worth it.  I am no doctor...  but is lifelong neck/back pain likely? Or worse, is paralysis a risk if it happens again?

Peyton was a lot older too. Gets worse as you get older.

22 minutes ago, C Mart said:

New York Jets‏ @nyjets  

Bowles: Enunwa has a bulging disk. A second opinion will likely indicate surgery and a 6-9 month recovery. Told it's not career threatening.

David J. Chao, MD‏ @ProFootballDoc  

Probably more than a bulge if surgery indicated. Single level cervical discectomy/fusion for herniated disc can return to @NFL football.

Many NFL players are playing with a single level cervical fusion the Dr who did my surgery has done a few NFL players he couldn't reveal who they were. 

Q might not risk it though and take the injury settlement and move on from the NFL. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc and Bowles have done absolutely nothing to improve this team in the 3 years they've been here.  

Expect NOTHING Jets fans and never be disappointed.

Are you kidding? They are going to get us a #1 pick and the top QB in the draft for the first time in my lifetime. That my friend is quite an accomplishment and will have an impact on this team and franchise for long after my life is over and when my son is a middle aged miserable Jets fan. 

We need to give these fellas a hand and a hell of a lot of credit. 

1 hour ago, Stonehands said:

From Bowles' description, it sounds like Enunwa threw himself to the ground after dropping a pass and then hurt his neck when he hit the ground.  Is that what other people are getting out of this?  It probably means the injury was inevitable anyway, but certainly a weird way to go out.

If this is true it is the best thing that could have happened because if it was caused by contact, he could have been crippled!!

Just now, jetspenguin said:

Are you kidding? They are going to get us a #1 pick and the top QB in the draft for the first time in my lifetime. That my friend is quite an accomplishment and will have an impact on this team and franchise for long after my life is over and when my son is a middle aged miserable Jets fan. 

From your mouth to God's ears!

Let's enjoy this year as a long training camp/pre-season campaign.

At this point, the Jets should hold an "off the streets" tryout.

18 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Although the play calls are complicated and the terminology is a lot for the QBs and WRs, this offense is easier then what Gailey was running as far as option routes and hot reads.  If I remember correctly from some of the write ups about what San Fran ran when Morton was there, the QB and WRs have their blitz reads pre-determined which should help the young WR group.

Look, losing Q is terrible on many levels, but the fact remains this was about developing young players and that narrative is unchanged.  Now guys like Stewart and Hansen are going to get significant, real game experience to hopefully prepare themselves for 2018 and beyond.

this is true........very true. good post dude. I needed some perspective right now. Thanks

9 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Odds are they pick the wrong one. 

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Won't watch more than 4 games this year. Bet on it.

About the same for me. I have some interest because Robby is now gonna stick on my keeper league fantasy team.

But I am going to spend many fall Sundays fishing instead of watching this team, which is the equivalent to a saltwater catfish. 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

No idea how Dozier as hung around so long, he's the J.P. Machado of this decade. Sheldons last year here.

I like Dozier.  I think he can be a solid back up.  Nothing wrong with that, really.

I also forgot McDougle and Winters.  So he got us a couple quality players and he only needed 19 picks to do it.

Just now, AFJF said:

I like Dozier.  I think he can be a solid back up.  Nothing wrong with that, really.

I also forgot McDougle and Winters.  So he got us a couple quality players and he only needed 19 picks to do it.

I think your glass is half full. Real sad for Q. I'm was expecting a bad season, but without Q it's going to horrendous to watch the Offence,

We may break records this year and not in a good way.

Im coming to NY in September, but watching the US Open. I will miss the pre-season game on Thursday night. 

25 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Right on!

I hope Mac and Bowles get us the #1 draft pick EVERY year!

Bummer. Next man up... you Sally's prolly acting like we just lost TO in his prime. 

This season is about seeing if Mac needs to be fired. If prospects look like actual football players it'll be a positive sign. Shoukdnt expect much more than 16 games of evaluation. Like a super-long preseason... and Jet fans love hope and potential. Perfect fit.

Archived