#JetsCamp Report – Tues 08/08/17

Maxman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Just checked in at FP.  Practice open to fans.  Can't be more than 50 people here.

You'd think Hack's six reps with the first team yesterday would've generated more excitement. 

Just now, slats said:

You'd think Hack's six reps with the first team yesterday would've generated more excitement. 

at this point is there much of a dropoff between the first and second teams on offense?  for all we know the TEs/Wrs are probably better on the 2nd team anyway.

39 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

how has it been otherwise? would this have something to do w/ the open practice yesterday being cancelled?

From what I've heard from some reporters, there were bigger crowds early on, and definitely much bigger last year.

Thought about yesterday's washout though...could be a factor.

Also got here over an hour before practice kicks off, so I'm sure there's a bigger group out there now.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Glenn will be back out at Florham Park today covering the practice. I am going to be in meetings but if someone could copy some of his tweets into this thread it would help.

http://twitter.com/JetNation

Thanks.

If flgreen isn't around I'll try to get some updates in here between work projects.  I won't be able to update steadily like I usually do but I'll get something posted up in here throughout the day.

50 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

at this point is there much of a dropoff between the first and second teams on offense?  for all we know the TEs/Wrs are probably better on the 2nd team anyway.

I think Jenkins is pretty much the only guy you would have to even think about on offense right now. So if he isn't on the field I don't see the 2nd team being any better.

NYJFTV (@NYJFTV)

8/8/17, 2:43 PM

Hack with a beautiful throw but dropped by Chris Gragg #JetsCamp #Jets

Hack fires another one on the money to ASJ, then again in a tight window to Todman, impressive series of throws #JetsCamp #Jets

Ronald Martin and Spencer Paysinger miscommunication, Vander Laan wide open from Hack #JetsCamp #Jets

Can't recall seeing an "Oklahoma" drill in recent years at Jets training camp, but there was one today. Coach Todd Bowles has said he'd like more hitting in this camp than in past years. That may explain the Okie.

Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

NYJFTV (@NYJFTV)

8/8/17, 2:43 PM

Hack with a beautiful throw but dropped by Chris Gragg #JetsCamp #Jets

Hack fires another one on the money to ASJ, then again in a tight window to Todman, impressive series of throws #JetsCamp #Jets

Ronald Martin and Spencer Paysinger miscommunication, Vander Laan wide open from Hack #JetsCamp #Jets

I have a feeling we will be running some  3 or 4 TE sets this year....

Either way, nice to see Hack doing well. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

hack is 3rd on the depth chart.  if the jets had tebow, hack would be 4th.  

And the Bengals are listing Joe Mixon 3rd on their depth chart when everyone knows he will be the #1 on opening day. Relax. Hack has been getting the second most reps in practice and is starting to get 1st team reps. 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

hack is 3rd on the depth chart.  if the jets had tebow, hack would be 4th.  

don't read too much into that one. that was an unofficial depth chart and I think the offensive side is just based on experience. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

And the Bengals are listing Joe Mixon 3rd on their depth chart when everyone knows he will be the #1 on opening day. Relax. Hack has been getting the second most reps in practice and is starting to get 1st team reps. 

why go through the charade?  why not list petty and hack as both 2nd string?  the players don't buy it so it's just another way bowles isn't being honest.

Archived