Mac... Place a call to Megatron !!!

ManCave Analyst

I saw Retired WR Calvin Johnson on TV last week and he hinted he might be interested in playing another year . Didn't sound Happy with the way Detroit handled his situation. How about doing that GM stuff and making a personal call to him to gauge his interest and invite him in for a Visit and Phsical. He was a "BEAST" and the JETS are in dire need of a #1 Receiver. He could be a good mentor to the young WRs and provide a useful target for the development of the QBs. He could be a good 2 year fill in .

Just now, ManCave Analyst said:

I saw Retired WR Calvin Johnson on TV last week and he hinted he might be interested in playing another year . Didn't sound Happy with the way Detroit handled his situation. How about doing that GM stuff and making a personal call to him to gauge his interest and invite him in for a Visit and Phsical. He was a "BEAST" and the JETS are in dire need of a #1 Receiver. He could be a good mentor to the young WRs and provide a useful target for the development of the QBs. He could be a good 2 year fill in .

Megatron wants to play football, BUT not in Detroit who holds his rights, and trust me he doesn't want to play here this year either.  He was spotted watching the Dolphins training camp earlier this week probably because he is boys with Suh, and thinks they can win for some stupid reason.  But if anyone can pay a stupid ransom to the Lions for his rights it's Tannebaum so that wouldn't shock me.

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Megatron wants to play football, BUT not in Detroit who holds his rights, and trust me he doesn't want to play here this year either.  He was spotted watching the Dolphins training camp earlier this week probably because he is boys with Suh, and thinks they can win for some stupid reason.  But if anyone can pay a stupid ransom to the Lions for his rights it's Tannebaum so that wouldn't shock me.

I thought the same thing when I saw  him . But sometimes a GM has to be a good salesman. I don't know what the price would be in a draft pick. Can't be much since he is retired and the preseason has started.

We need to rebuild.

We need to do a real rebuild.

We need to do a really real rebuild.

We need to tear it all down and build this thing the right way.

We need... GIVE UP ALL OUR sh*t FOR TWO YEARS OF POST-RETIREMENT CALVIN JOHNSON !!!!1 ! 1! ! !11

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why would Calvin Johnson want to come to a team that is probably favored to be the worst team in football this year?

Maybe because Clavin has always been a True Professional and this is his best shot at being the "go to guy" again. And if it works, he ends his career on a positive note.

50 minutes ago, ManCave Analyst said:

I agree he would be a good mentor.  However, I am not even sure he is healthy enough to play.

5 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Hire more WR coaches and scan the waiver wire - the cut down from 90 to 53 should provide great opportunity for the Jets, Mac should have scout at all other training camps (except 49's, Rams, Browns, Bears, Jags and Fins - we will be fighting them for top 5 pick in 2018)

It is a shame they got rid of the first round of cut downs.  There will certainly be guys the Jets could use that would have hit the street and now they will have to wait a week longer. 

There are no words....

So, Mega quits the Lions because they are a losing franchise and he felt they weren't worth the beating his body was taking.... and then someone actually thinks he might un-retire to play for the Jets?

Wow.  Just wow.

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It is a shame they got rid of the first round of cut downs.  There will certainly be guys the Jets could use that would have hit the street and now they will have to wait a week longer. 

Yea, but more choice and probably better choices - it will be brutal for most teams - some good players 

In the next CBA, they should try to increase roster sizes and add real practice time back into pre-season - start of the season will be sloppy for most

36 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He retired because the Lions were a sh*tshow that had no chance of winning a title, but he'll def come back to play for Josh McCown, Todd Bowles, and Mike Maccagnan

Exactly. There is zero chance the jets want Johnson and I am sure Johnson wants no part of the Jets. Why not see if Ocho Cinco or Terrell owens want to come out of retirement? 

Nice hoping by the OP but the response tell the entire story. Why would he come here ?

But I note how Detroit is treating Megatron is in direct contravention to what the Jets did with their players, such as Bret Farve, Cotchery and wonder what would have happened had the Jets taken this tack. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

He retired because the Lions were a sh*tshow that had no chance of winning a title, but he'll def come back to play for Josh McCown, Todd Bowles, and Mike Maccagnan

Exactly. 

Calvin Johnson will come out of retirement to play for a team with legitimate Super Bowl hopes, and nothing less. He's already done the first pick in next year's draft thing, and he didn't like it. 

1 hour ago, ManCave Analyst said:

Maybe because Clavin has always been a True Professional and this is his best shot at being the "go to guy" again. And if it works, he ends his career on a positive note.

Take it from me friend. The only way Calvin Johnson plays again is to win a ring. He has nothing more to accomplish except getting that ring. That being said the Jets are not even in the equation. Nice thought though but not based in reality.

2 hours ago, ManCave Analyst said:

He didn't want to be in Detroit, cause he couldn't see them competing for a Super Bowl, so he'd come to the Jets?

Come on.   This offense is a dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Exactly. There is zero chance the jets want Johnson and I am sure Johnson wants no part of the Jets. Why not see if Ocho Cinco or Terrell owens want to come out of retirement? 

Maybe Mac can try to call Steve Smith out of retirement oh wait he did

2 hours ago, ManCave Analyst said:

A good fill in for what, QB, LB, CB, OL, TE, RB? He actually would be a upgrade at most positions. 

3 hours ago, ManCave Analyst said:

no way he wants to play for the jets.. NO WAY. 

we suck. he's had enough of that. Seriously  :cheers:

I sometimes question the wisdom of the statement about a player like this helping out a young QB's development.

Does it really?

Let's say we signed Megatron, and Hack gets the start. Week 1, who's Hack going to look for on most passing plays? The guy who's looking the best option, or the guy who can potentially bail him out the most? I'd worry that a large disparity in WR talent would cause our young QB to look only in his direction, and that would not help his development one bit.

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

That shlt show went 11-5 the year before he quit. 

34 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I sometimes question the wisdom of the statement about a player like this helping out a young QB's development.

Does it really?

Let's say we signed Megatron, and Hack gets the start. Week 1, who's Hack going to look for on most passing plays? The guy who's looking the best option, or the guy who can potentially bail him out the most? I'd worry that a large disparity in WR talent would cause our young QB to look only in his direction, and that would not help his development one bit.

Really hurt Stafford

4 hours ago, ManCave Analyst said:

Serious question, how old are you?  

Archived