Reputation \ Reactions

Reputation System (Likes vs Reactions)  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Let us know what you prefer. The old reputation + / - system or the new like buttons (reactions)?

• Like + / -
    • Reaction (emojis)

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I like having +/- Rep counted, gives a good metric for how we (as a community) feel about a posters contributions.

As to what mechanic creates those +/- reps......don't care.  I'm simple, so always like the simple +rep and -rep, but really kids love their pretty emojis, so why not give them that option.

As long as the various Emojis translate to +1 Rep and -1 Rep is a somewhat clear way, I'm all good.

This. Also, don't make the steps involved in giving rep complicated. I like that you can just click the green heart for a +1, or hover for a more specific emoji. I don't like that the -1 is mixed in there. It should be separate.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Rep, to me, is an a way of giving a subtle nod. I use it for content that I find funny, intelligent, helpful and/or well executed (in terms of being provocative).

I use it the same way but don't feel the new reaction system stops that use.  I honestly don't really look at global counters and just appreciate seeing the upvote/like of who enjoyed my post.  Still works the same for me already honestly, I've just been using the upvote button reacting for the most part.  I really need to find that special post to use the Butt Fumble on.  There is no way we can go back to a time before having a Butt Fumble reaction.  It will get heavy use throughout the season!

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I use it the same way but don't feel the new reaction system stops that use.  I honestly don't really look at global counters and just appreciate seeing the upvote/like of who enjoyed my post.  Still works the same for me already honestly, I've just been using the upvote button reacting for the most part.  I really need to find that special post to use the Butt Fumble on.  There is no way we can go back to a time before having a Butt Fumble reaction.  It will get heavy use throughout the season!

I kind of agree. I don't know how there was ever a time that we lived without the butt fumble. I think it will be like evolution and future generations of Jets fans won't know how to breath withouth the butt fumble emoji.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I kind of agree. I don't know how there was ever a time that we lived without the butt fumble. I think it will be like evolution and future generations of Jets fans won't know how to breath withouth the butt fumble emoji.

I watched some of the Bears pre-season game last night... and everything Sanchez does is laughable to me now. Like every, single mannerism just makes me laugh at him. All because of the butt fumble.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I watched some of the Bears pre-season game last night... and everything Sanchez does is laughable to me now. Like every, single mannerism just makes me laugh at him. All because of the butt fumble.

Damn I just gave you the butt fumble emoji. But I meant it is a positive not a negative lol.

Maybe we need two? 

Tom Brady is looking old. {Insert Positive Butt Fumble Smiley Here } lol.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Damn I just gave you the butt fumble emoji. But I meant it is a positive not a negative lol.

Maybe we need two? 

Tom Brady is looking old. {Insert Positive Butt Fumble Smiley Here } lol.

I'll live. :)

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This. Also, don't make the steps involved in giving rep complicated. I like that you can just click the green heart for a +1, or hover for a more specific emoji. I don't like that the -1 is mixed in there. It should be separate.

It should show if it is positive or negative. I will have to look into that.

30 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I ain't in favor of them funny looking emotional pictures all those damn whippersnappers are using these days.

Back in my day, it was a simpler time.  If you had an opinion to share, you did it the right way: with an excruciatingly long post that people had to truly commit to reading!

cruel and unusual punishment

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

As I mentioned in the other thread we just upgraded the site to IPB 4.2 and we are currently working on the theme. There are many new benefits but for now:

1) Thanks for your patience while we create the theme (paint the walls) 

-and-

2) Let us know what you prefer. The old reputation + / - system or the new like buttons (reactions). We can go with either system, just vote and tell us what you want.

Thanks.

Do we still get notifications when someone "reacts" to a post?  The old reputation system only notified someone when it was positive "repped" and failed to notify when you pissed someone off and they negative "repped".  You will get more reactions/posts when you let people know they earned a negative reaction.  Just saying...

6 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Do we still get notifications when someone "reacts" to a post?  The old reputation system only notified someone when it was positive "repped" and failed to notify when you pissed someone off and they negative "repped".  You will get more reactions/posts when you let people know they earned a negative reaction.  Just saying...

Easy way to find out.  I just negged you... you get a notification? :D

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Easy way to find out.  I just negged you... you get a notification? :D

Actually I did.  Just not in the same way as previously.  I mean it did not highlight as in you got a notification but it was there in the message folder.  Nice

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

As I mentioned in the other thread we just upgraded the site to IPB 4.2 and we are currently working on the theme. There are many new benefits but for now:

-and-

2) Let us know what you prefer. The old reputation + / - system or the new like buttons (reactions). We can go with either system, just vote and tell us what you want.

Thanks.

should this be pinned at the top so it would not get lost omoung the football threads?

2 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

should this be pinned at the top so it would not get lost omoung the football threads?

Good idea... because tomorrow when we suck as much as we're supposed to... the usual parties are still going to short-circuit all over the forum.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

overkill. 

Yeah maybe too many. Could just have:

1. Joe Willy (double positive)

2. Up vote (positive)

3. Down vote (negative)

4. Butt Fumble (double negative)

by definition, neutral doesn't make sense. If you have a reaction to something how can it be neutral?

On 8/10/2017 at 10:03 PM, Maxman said:

-and-

Thanks.

reset them to zero :P

On 8/12/2017 at 3:14 AM, jgb said:

Yeah maybe too many. Could just have:

1. Joe Willy (double positive)

2. Up vote (positive)

3. Down vote (negative)

4. Butt Fumble (double negative)

by definition, neutral doesn't make sense. If you have a reaction to something how can it be neutral?

Well you can have a neutral reaction to something. Its also called not giving a F%$& about it. So I guess by not replying it would mean the same thing. Why not name it something more colorful like Switzerland(disregard blatant attempt to be young and hip here)?

On 8/11/2017 at 9:00 PM, Maxman said:

I kind of prefer the Emojis. Makes me feel young and hip.

Oh yeah!  Young and hip!!!  But that brings us to the eternal question..........   What, exactly, is hip?

that said, don't really like the emojis.  

Young and hip vs. old and curmudgeonly.  

Archived