Reputation \ Reactions

Reputation System (Likes vs Reactions)  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Let us know what you prefer. The old reputation + / - system or the new like buttons (reactions)?

• Like + / -
    • Reaction (emojis)

4 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Thanks. Just curious though. I seem to remember in the past polls would always include a notification of who you voted for. Don't see that with this poll. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I don't remember. This shows who though, you just have to click the # next to the votes. That might be an extra step, I am not sure how it used to work, thanks.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well how convenient that we just have to take your word for it, considering that's mysteriously unavailable to the opposition.

But seriously, doesn't seem us regular poster folk can access who cast the votes.  Can see the #s, but they can't be clicked.

Are you serious? I didn't know that, I thought it was open to everyone. I will put the full vote counts if needed.

Or we can appoint a special commission to investigate the integrity of this very important option.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Are you serious? I didn't know that, I thought it was open to everyone. I will put the full vote counts if needed.

Or we can appoint a special commission to investigate the integrity of this very important option.

Just checked, there are no other poll options. So I don't think I can change it so that everyone can see poll results.

Right now it shows 40 votes for + / -. Here are the people who voted:

Like + / -

• Fibonacci

Fibonacci

• pointman

pointman

• SAR I

SAR I

• DoubleDown

DoubleDown

• Spoot-Face

Spoot-Face

• JoJoTownsell1

JoJoTownsell1

• Fantasy Island

Fantasy Island

• Lupz27

Lupz27

• Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

• Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

• gEYno

gEYno

• Doggin94it

Doggin94it

• jetfan39

jetfan39

• Bugg

Bugg

• JiF

JiF

• Jet Nut

Jet Nut

• Il Mostro

Il Mostro

• JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic

• HawkeyeJet

HawkeyeJet

• Dcat

Dcat

• New York Mick

New York Mick

• GKnight83

GKnight83

• flgreen

flgreen

• Jet Fan RI

Jet Fan RI

• 20andOut

20andOut

• Better2bgreenthanblue

Better2bgreenthanblue

• BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

• Obrien2Toon

Obrien2Toon

• Stark

Stark

• Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

• Mogglez

Mogglez

• BallinPB

BallinPB

• peebag

peebag

• rex-n-effect

rex-n-effect

• thebuzzardman

thebuzzardman

• shevys

shevys

• joewilly12

joewilly12

• Rangers9

Rangers9

• Smashmouth

Smashmouth

• Lil Woody

Lil Woody

There are also 40 votes for the emoji options. Here is who voted:

Reaction (emojis)

• RSJ

RSJ

• Maxman

Maxman

• JohnJ

JohnJ

• Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

• jgb

jgb

• thshadow

thshadow

• Mike135

Mike135

• LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan

• Thor99

Thor99

• Jetdawgg

Jetdawgg

• JETSfaninNE

JETSfaninNE

• jetscanes331

jetscanes331

• HessStation

HessStation

• Leelou

Leelou

• CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

• slats

slats

• Savage69

Savage69

• prime21

prime21

• skyjets7

skyjets7

• sciond

sciond

• Happy Clouds

Happy Clouds

• courtnj18

courtnj18

• jayjets31

jayjets31

• Long Island Jet Fan

Long Island Jet Fan

• Dumpster Fire

Dumpster Fire

• Upstate jet family

Upstate jet family

• Jetscode1

Jetscode1

• Dunnie

Dunnie

• nyjunc

nyjunc

• JetFaninMI

JetFaninMI

• T0mShane

T0mShane

• jeremy2020

jeremy2020

• jetsfan789

jetsfan789

• Pcola

Pcola

• NyjetsFan22

NyjetsFan22

• Tinstar

Tinstar

• Warfish

Warfish

• jetstream23

jetstream23

• jetspenguin

jetspenguin

• MaxAF

MaxAF

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just checked, there are no other poll options. So I don't think I can change it so that everyone can see poll results.

That reason alone seems to be a good argument for going back to the way it was. I don't need to see how everybody voted. But it would be nice to see an affirmation that I voted in the poll, and a confirmation of what my vote was.

5 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

That reason alone seems to be a good argument for going back to the way it was. I don't need to see how everybody voted. But it would be nice to see an affirmation that I voted in the poll, and a confirmation of what my vote was.

Polls have nothing to do with reputation. If you can't see what you voted for in a poll, and you used to be able to, that is an Invision Power Board 4.2 vs Invision Power Board 3.x thing.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Polls have nothing to do with reputation. If you can't see what you voted for in a poll, and you used to be able to, that is an Invision Power Board 4.2 vs Invision Power Board 3.x thing.

Uh, right. I wasn't suggesting that they did. Just saying that the lack of information in the new system is a good reason to go back to the old system. This is on on top of the fact of the less confusing rep system, which is another good reason.

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well all that copying wasn't really necessary, I was mostly just giving you the heads up about that, but can't hold it against you for putting in the effort.

Oh, BTW, + / - won... again.  :D

2 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Uh, right. I wasn't suggesting that they did. Just saying that the lack of information in the new system is a good reason to go back to the old system. This is on on top of the fact of the less confusing rep system, which is another good reason.

Go back to IPB 4.1? If you feel there are issues with the new version please let know.

I think we had over 100 messages of feedback on the upgrade and the new skin. They were all positive.

Rep is easy to change. Just want people to be able to vote. It really doesn't matter to me what option we end up with.

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well all that copying wasn't really necessary, I was mostly just giving you the heads up about that, but can't hold it against you for putting in the effort.

Oh, BTW, + / - won... again.  :D

How did anything win? When I pinned it we said higher vote count on Monday night wins.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Go back to IPB 4.1? If you feel there are issues with the new version please let know.

I think we had over 100 messages of feedback on the upgrade and the new skin. They were all positive.

Rep is easy to change. Just want people to be able to vote. It really doesn't matter to me what option we end up with.

Thanks.

OK, forget about going back to the old system. And I am not saying there are issues with the new system. But one aspect of the old system, giving an indication that a member had voted in a poll and what that vote was, is a useful aspect. Would adding that capability to the new system be difficult? And how about the capability to change the vote?

43 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well before that you had said a few days, and then this past Friday.  Or maybe I just forgot the "night" park.................. shut up.

If you are having memory issues please consult a medical professional.

I am on vacation this week. Otherwise I would have posted an exact time. Just not sure what time I will be online tonight.

Archived