### Jets \ Titans -- Preseason Is Here, Game Thread ###

Maxman

That is right, Jets football is back. Metlife Stadium. Eric Decker coming back to town to get his preseason revenge. McCown, Petty and Hackenberg all working towards grabbing the starting job.

Does it get any better than this?

If we learned anything from Bruce Coslet, it is that going undefeated in the preseason is very important. It starts today.

Let's go Jets. Talk about the tank is silliness. These young receiver are going to shine.

It is only a matter of what young QB wants to show up and win this job. We are going to Disney World. Or Land. One of those places.

Let's go Jets.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Am I the only once excited about this game right now?

Going to be tailgating once the parking lot opens! My son has to work until 3, I said here is a parking pass, meet me there.  

No, but only because I've been so starved if any football, I will watch anything! 

Unfortunately I won't be going to the game, tonight is my 40th year High School reunion. I just hope the young players look good and no injuries.  Ironically I think this years team will be similart to the team the year I graduated, 1977.  Good young talent though not a great record. I will view the game on tape later on.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Going to be tailgating once the parking lot opens! My son has to work until 3, I said here is a parking pass, meet me there.  

Gotta say, I'm super pumped for tonight. 

It really is the best of both worlds - the joy of tailgating and being in the stadium, seeing those folks you only see 8 Sundays a year. None of the agony or anxiety about the outcome of the game. 

Really looking forward to seeing the new additions on D and watching all the QBs get reps.

I'm looking forward to this game because we have JETS Football back!  I'm excited to see what this young team can do.  Super Bowl victories don't have an age attached to them, no reason this team can't come in with us against the world mentality.  Mistakes will be made, but the lights will shine on our Green and White!

I wasn't planning on tailgating tonight - but I am excited about going to the game. I can't wait to see the young guys on defense. I am also excited to see how ASJ looks and the young guys on offense too. Of course I am most excited to see Hack and Petty play. 

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I wasn't planning on tailgating tonight - but I am excited about going to the game. I can't wait to see the young guys on defense. I am also excited to see how ASJ looks and the young guys on offense too. Of course I am most excited to see Hack and Petty play. 

Gonna pay lots of attention to ASJ and Leggett tonight. Haven't seen a TE in a few years.

Just now, jetscanes331 said:

Gonna pay lots of attention to ASJ and Leggett tonight. Haven't seen a TE in a few years.

lol It seems like forever. Definitely important as I think great TE play can really take heat off the WR's. I think it's going to be important to watch even the 3rd and 4th guys.

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm at a wedding out near Latrobe, PA so I won't be able to watch the game. Will be relying on you guys to keep me posted as to the abject realities of what I'm seeing 

Slip in a deer hunter reference at the reception. 

****in A. !!!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm at a wedding out near Latrobe, PA so I won't be able to watch the game. Will be relying on you guys to keep me posted as to the abject realities of what I'm seeing 

Drunk Pennsylvanians? Lots of Rolling Rock and Yunegling too.

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Does it get any better than this?

No. 

This is actually the only home game we have a chance of winning this season. 

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes!

I'm planning on going for the half priced hot dogs and fountain soda.  But not if it rains.

SAR I

4 hours ago, The Walrus said:

Man I think Petty is going to light it up. Just want the young guys to do well.

My concern is that McCown will look like McCown, Petty will light it up, and nothing will change in practice on Monday.  I'll be rooting for McCown to finish quickly and both of the young guys to do really well.  If one of them stands out, I'd expect them to start the first reps on Monday and if it's Hack, that might happen.  But Petty? We'll see.

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No. 

Yes!

I'm planning on going for the half priced hot dogs and fountain soda.  But not if it rains.

SAR I

Hope to catch some of it. Heading to Myrtle Beach with Crew Crusher for a week. I miss the days when the Kids were all in their pajamas and I put them in the Suburban asleep and they wake up at the beach. Now I got four different vehicles going loaded with my sons girlfriends and my daughters fiancé. I'm a freaking nervous wreck driving down. Go Jets!!!

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No. 

Yes!

SAR I

I believe the rain is supposed to clear up by kick off. Lets hope.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hope to catch some of it. Heading to Myrtle Beach with Crew Crusher for a week. I miss the days when the Kids were all in their pajamas and I put them in the Suburban asleep and they wake up at the beach. Now I got four different vehicles going loaded with my sons girlfriends and my daughters fiancé. I'm a freaking nervous wreck driving down. Go Jets!!!

That's rough, 4 cars on the road simultaneously.  Perhaps you can buy a long chain and tether them together?

SAR I

Just now, RSJ said:

I believe the rain is supposed to clear up by kick off. Lets hope.

Men's%20Nike%20USC%20Trojans%206%20Mark%

I'm going to wear this jersey, it brought us luck when I wore it in our first preseason game in 2009 when we had no quarterback and people were pretty sure we were going to suck too.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

That's rough, 4 cars on the road simultaneously.  Perhaps you can buy a long chain and tether them together?

SAR I

It's brutal. Especially because my youngest drives 370z nizmo tech. It looks so small compared to all the other cars. Brutal. I let Mrs Crusher drive while I check JN to get my mind off it. We are only couple hours out so hopefully I will be able to relax. 

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Image result for big rv pics

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Men's%20Nike%20USC%20Trojans%206%20Mark%

I'm going to wear this jersey, it brought us luck when I wore it in our first preseason game in 2009 when we had no quarterback and people were pretty sure we were going to suck too.

SAR I

Nice! We need a little good luck.

I was going to wear Al Toon - but I cant seem to find it. I think I may just go with a Jets t-shirt. Although I could wear O'Brien, Namath, Martin, Ellis, Keyshawn, Esiason, Sanchez, Vilma Revis or O'Donnell. I don't feel like wearing any of those though. I may just get drunk and but a Hack jersey. lol

Archived