" D " dept. ~ ~ ~

kelly

Rich Cimini    ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets defensive snap count: Darron Lee, who struggled in pass coverage, got pulled out for nine plays. Josh Martin's season debut was cut short by a possible concussion. Todd Bowles called it a head injury, saying he wasn't sure if it was a concussion. If it is, it'll be Martin's second in five weeks. How did rookie Nathan Shepherd end up with more playing time than Henry Anderson? Anderson is productive and deserves more PT.

>   http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

The Jets' defense will have a players-only meeting Friday in an attempt to clean up some of the communication issues that plagued them Sunday in Jacksonville, S Jamal Adams said Tuesday on his weekly spot on WFAN radio. One of the show's co-hosts, former Ravens and Jets LB Bart Scott, said the Ravens used to have Friday meetings to go over defensive calls. Said Adams: "Every Friday, starting this Friday, there will be a meeting just to get on the same page so we get out there and fly around and win ballgames."

• 2 months later...

Jets DE Henry Anderson took issue with those claiming his block on Bills K Stephen Hauschka was a cheap shot. Bills coach Sean McDermott said "there's no place in football for it." Anderson said Hauschka was "fair game" because he was 10 yards from the ballcarrier on a blocked FG runback. Anderson: "I don't see how that was dirty. I don't think it was illegal at all." Anderson said it's "kind of frustrating when I see people saying it was dirty. I'm not cheap-shotting dudes. It's ignorant for people to say stuff like that because that's not who I am." Anderson said he he's glad Hauschka wasn't seriously injured.

The Jets didn't have a good plan for WR DeAndre Hopkins. He was targeted four times (including the holding penalty) on Houston's game-winning drive — and it was single coverage every time. Why not give the corner some help? CB Trumaine Johnson wasn't assigned to Hopkins; the Jets decided to play "sides" with Johnson and Mo Claiborne. Why? "It's not just DeAndre, it's matchups all over the field," Todd Bowles said. "We were doing fine, left and right. Mo makes his share of plays as well and we have all the confidence in the world in him. DeAndre just made some plays." A lot of plays.

>  http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

• 2 weeks later...

Rich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

Newly-hired Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is looking to fill out his staff. From what I'm hearing, some names under consideration are: LBs — Blake Williams, his son; DBs — Dennard Wilson (retained from previous Jets staff); DL Clyde Simmons. Assistant DBs — Steve Jackson (previous Jets staff). Simmons and Williams were with Williams last season in Cleveland. Wilson and Jackson coached with Williams in previous stops. Kris Kocurek was eyed for the DL job (he coached under Adam Gase last year in Miami), but he was hired by San Francisco.

1 minute ago, kelly said:

Rich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

Newly-hired Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is looking to fill out his staff. From what I'm hearing, some names under consideration are: LBs — Blake Williams, his son; DBs — Dennard Wilson (retained from previous Jets staff); DL Clyde Simmons. Assistant DBs — Steve Jackson (previous Jets staff). Simmons and Williams were with Williams last season in Cleveland. Wilson and Jackson coached with Williams in previous stops. Kris Kocurek was eyed for the DL job (he coached under Adam Gase last year in Miami), but he was hired by San Francisco.

not even considering keeping Green?