SAR Training Camp Report - Monday 8/14

SAR I

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Hey, kids! Let's play a game called "Find the Douche"! Here are 3 separate tweets about the same thing, but only one of them says it with sardonic undertones.

Find the Douche!

:lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Or Bowles doesn't give a sh!t about reporters and isn't about to tell them his plans at Kicker. 

Yep. Gotta protect that coveted Kicker intel. Wouldn't want teams to have a head start in game planning against us.

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Or Bowles doesn't give a sh!t about reporters and isn't about to tell them his plans at Kicker. 

That said, Catanzaro is probably on thin ice anyway. TB just doesn't want to say it out in the media, he's probably pressured enough without a coach burying him in public.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

how long before one of them is put on IR?

Probably after other teams do cut-downs. 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Petty picked off again, this time by Connor Harris...credit Derrick Jones with the pass breakup #JetsCamp #Jets

Connor Harris sighting!

31 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Jets artificial crowd noise machine is up and working again. Using hand signals to tweet this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Do yourself a favor and never google "blowjob gif meme". It's funny at first, with the stuff like those gifs ^^^, then you see some hotties, but then disaster strikes... good lord, sh*t I cannot un-see.

Come on brah, this is like saying, oh sh*t, theres a bad accident over there, but don't look! Of course we are going to look man.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Do yourself a favor and never google "blowjob gif meme". It's funny at first, with the stuff like those gifs ^^^, then you see some hotties, but then disaster strikes... good lord, sh*t I cannot un-see.

Now that you said that...it's taking everything I have not to do it.  You know...like when someone says "Don't think about xxx"

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Kelvin Beachum said he and Lorenzo Mauldin will see each other in cold tub and smooth things over. They had a fight in practice today. #nyj

mL3NNR.gif

I wanted to find a more appropriate gif, but I decided to take Ape's advice and NOT google search: "gay men in tub gif".

Jets QB Christian Hackenberg was the No. 2 in practice, but he got a heavy dose of first-team reps. He wasn't particularly sharp (8-for-19, 2 TDs), but there were a few drops. Josh McCown (8-for-18, four sacks) also had an off day. Bryce Petty (5-for-8) threw two interceptions, but rallied with two TD passes in a red-zone period.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

Jets injury update: WR/PR Lucky Whitehead left practice with a foot injury. No update was provided. As expected, S Doug Middleton (torn pectoral) will be "out for some time," per Todd Bowles. Middleton is seeking a second opinion, but season-ending surgery is likely. RBs Matt Forte (hamstring) and Bilal Powell (neck) are getting closer to returning. They participated in positional drills, but not team drills. LB Lorenzo Mauldin (back) and LB Dylan Donahue (shoulder) returned. LB Freddie Bishop (stinger) sat out.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

To be honest I always found that this type of discipline worked best on teams i played for.  You cause a problem?  The whole team runs.  Peer pressure often outweighs individual running punishment.

Yup. Best hoops coach I ever played for ended every practice by pulling a few guys out to shoot 1 and 1s. If you missed the front end, whole team did suicide while you watched. 

13 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Jets QB Christian Hackenberg was the No. 2 in practice, but he got a heavy dose of first-team reps. He wasn't particularly sharp (8-for-19, 2 TDs), but there were a few drops. Josh McCown (8-for-18, four sacks) also had an off day. Bryce Petty (5-for-8) threw two interceptions, but rallied with two TD passes in a red-zone period.

The Jets defense is not bad.

The Jets offense is bad.

How many WRs and TEs can the team reasonably keep?  8?  Can 4 be TEs?

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets defense is not bad.

The Jets offense is bad.

How many WRs and TEs can the team reasonably keep?  8?  Can 4 be TEs?

It certainly appears that way.  Lets give it a few more weeks.  It's been reported tat the Jets' version of the WCO is particularly complex.  This is certainly going to affect two green QB's play

Jets rookie report: CB Derrick Jones, a sixth-round pick, had a good day. He was involved in two interceptions, picking off a deep ball that was deflected to him and breaking up a pass that was intercepted by rookie LB Connor Harris. Jones is extremely raw, but this was a confidence builder. RB Elijah McGuire jumped out as a receiver, turning a seam route into a long TD catch. S Jamal Adams was involved in a handful of blitzes and recorded a sack.

Archived