First Time to NYC

j_wert40

On 8/14/2017 at 5:36 PM, j_wert40 said:

I'm headed up to NYC for the first time later this year for the Panthers game at Metlife. Flying up from Houston so it will be a pretty big weather change. We are spending 4 days and 3 nights looking to stay near the Time Square area. Do yall have any tips on where to stay, places to eat, things to do, things like that while we are there. 

Others have said, avoid Times Square for the most part.  Spend a little time there before going to see a show... Try now to get tickets for Hamilton, if that fails, Book of Mormon, Dear Evan Hansen, etc.  If with kids, Wicked or Lion King are good options.  Try not to stay in/around Times Square.  If budget allows, check out the Gramercy Park Hotel.

For Steaks - Lugers and Keens have been recommended already, Sparks is also in a similar "old school" model.  If you want something a little more updated, Quality Meats (rib-eye for two, corn creme brulee, and peanut butter and jalapeno bacon), Bowery Meat Company (get the duck lasagna to share), or STK (meatpacking, not midtown).

For Italian - if you want a real old school feel, go to Arthur Ave as others have suggested, but that's a big trip if your not interested.  Two high end amazing options are Babbo (make reservation exactly 30 days in advance) and Carbone (30 days in advance also, get veal parm and spicy penne vodka).  Babbo is the fancier of the two, but both are absolutely amazing.  Quality Italian if there is a few of you (chicken parm for 2).  Otto is a is a fun, high-end Pizza place with good pasta and an impressive wine list as well (cacio-e-pepe pizza).  Piccolo Angolo is a hole in the wall in Chelsea.  The feel is like your in an old Italian woman's kitchen and she's bringing you her best stuff, closest thing to an Arthur Ave spot on this list.  Tony's DiNapoli is similar to Carmines, but will be less touristy.

Sushi - Blue Ribbon or Nobu.  There's not really a reason to look beyond those two as I understand it.

Mexican - El Toro Blanco (raspberry sangria, mexican street corn, and tacos) or La Esquina (30 days in advance, ask for the Basement Brasserie).  You can also just pop in to the downtown location for some tacos if you can't get or don't want a reservation downstairs.

Pizza - I recommend taking an afternoon walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, and then stopping underneath for Grimaldi's.

Brunch - Cookshop, The Smith, Norma's are all options I like.

Check out Shake Shack for a burger and a shake in Madison Square Park... Do Central Park... Do Madison Ave for some shopping... Maybe a Rangers or Knicks game at the Garden... What else are you looking for?

3 hours ago, gEYno said:

Others have said, avoid Times Square for the most part.  Spend a little time there before going to see a show... Try now to get tickets for Hamilton, if that fails, Book of Mormon, Dear Evan Hansen, etc.  If with kids, Wicked or Lion King are good options.  Try not to stay in/around Times Square.  If budget allows, check out the Gramercy Park Hotel.

For Steaks - Lugers and Keens have been recommended already, Sparks is also in a similar "old school" model.  If you want something a little more updated, Quality Meats (rib-eye for two, corn creme brulee, and peanut butter and jalapeno bacon), Bowery Meat Company (get the duck lasagna to share), or STK (meatpacking, not midtown).

For Italian - if you want a real old school feel, go to Arthur Ave as others have suggested, but that's a big trip if your not interested.  Two high end amazing options are Babbo (make reservation exactly 30 days in advance) and Carbone (30 days in advance also, get veal parm and spicy penne vodka).  Babbo is the fancier of the two, but both are absolutely amazing.  Quality Italian if there is a few of you (chicken parm for 2).  Otto is a is a fun, high-end Pizza place with good pasta and an impressive wine list as well (cacio-e-pepe pizza).  Piccolo Angolo is a hole in the wall in Chelsea.  The feel is like your in an old Italian woman's kitchen and she's bringing you her best stuff, closest thing to an Arthur Ave spot on this list.  Tony's DiNapoli is similar to Carmines, but will be less touristy.

Sushi - Blue Ribbon or Nobu.  There's not really a reason to look beyond those two as I understand it.

Mexican - El Toro Blanco (raspberry sangria, mexican street corn, and tacos) or La Esquina (30 days in advance, ask for the Basement Brasserie).  You can also just pop in to the downtown location for some tacos if you can't get or don't want a reservation downstairs.

Pizza - I recommend taking an afternoon walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, and then stopping underneath for Grimaldi's.

Brunch - Cookshop, The Smith, Norma's are all options I like.

Check out Shake Shack for a burger and a shake in Madison Square Park... Do Central Park... Do Madison Ave for some shopping... Maybe a Rangers or Knicks game at the Garden... What else are you looking for?

That helps quite a bit what we are looking for. Since we have never been to NYC there are some things that we have to see. Prioritys are Statue of Liberty, 9/11 monument, and Empire State Building. Central Park and Niketown (brother works for Nike so any trip we have to find a nike store) are things that we can do but not a must. Speaking of that, have yall ever eaten at the State resturant in the Empire State Building? Considering it for dinner the last night we are there. 

27 minutes ago, j_wert40 said:

That helps quite a bit what we are looking for. Since we have never been to NYC there are some things that we have to see. Prioritys are Statue of Liberty, 9/11 monument, and Empire State Building. Central Park and Niketown (brother works for Nike so any trip we have to find a nike store) are things that we can do but not a must. Speaking of that, have yall ever eaten at the State resturant in the Empire State Building? Considering it for dinner the last night we are there. 

I have not.  But, it looks like a restaurant you can get in any tourist location anywhere, and the fact that it's in the Empire St Building means it's going to be super overpriced for what you get.  The food, I'm sure will be fine, but probably somewhat forgettable.  In short, I doubt you'll be disappointed, but there are much, much better options.

How many people are you?  Any other dinner plans you're thinking of?

Also, for touristy stuff that isn't terrible, you could consider Top of the Rock observatory.  But yeah, CP, 9/11, and Statue of Liberty are all good things to check out.

Oh, Russ and Daughters for a New York Bagel.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I have not.  But, it looks like a restaurant you can get in any tourist location anywhere, and the fact that it's in the Empire St Building means it's going to be super overpriced for what you get.  The food, I'm sure will be fine, but probably somewhat forgettable.  In short, I doubt you'll be disappointed, but there are much, much better options.

Also, for touristy stuff that isn't terrible, you could consider Top of the Rock observatory.  But yeah, CP, 9/11, and Statue of Liberty are all good things to check out.

You aren't going to recommend the Western Beef parking lot in Staten Island?

33 minutes ago, j_wert40 said:

Some quick additional "touristy" plugs:

• Brooklyn Bridge
  • High Line
  • Bryant Park (good to visit immediately upon escaping Times Square)
  • If you like museums, American Museum of Natural History is a must (Upper West Side... and Shake Shack is across the street!)... also the Metropolitan Museum of Art (the "Met") is immediately across the park on the east side, and has a really stunning rooftop bar overlooking the park and the skyline.

If you're a history nerd like I am I have a few other tips I could share.

20 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Oh, Russ and Daughters for a New York Bagel.

It's just going to be me and my girlfriend. I was looking at tours that will knock a few of them out on one trip that also include transportation. Figured that would be easier than trying to do them all individually and wing it with figuring out how to get there.

Also have any of yall purchased tickets from PrimeSports. The prices look too good to be true, and it comes tailgate entrance. Thats another thing i was looking forward to was tailgating before the game so if yall have any suggestions for that as well im all ears.

32 minutes ago, j_wert40 said:

It's just going to be me and my girlfriend. I was looking at tours that will knock a few of them out on one trip that also include transportation. Figured that would be easier than trying to do them all individually and wing it with figuring out how to get there.

A tour would certainly be easier, but I assure you, you can get to all of these things without much trouble.  It's not necessarily a need.  They're all along major transportation stops.

Is your last night sort of the big dinner you want to go all out on?

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

A tour would certainly be easier, but I assure you, you can get to all of these things without much trouble.  It's not necessarily a need.  They're all along major transportation stops.

Is your last night sort of the big dinner you want to go all out on?

Yea were going to have all day Monday to do the bulk of the sight seeing. We fly in early Saturday and fly out Midday Tuesday. So well have most of Saturday, Sunday night, and all day Monday to do all the sights. And yes to answer your question i was looking to do something nice that Monday night. The reason i brought up that restaurant is that it will knock out the Empire St Building, and have a good night view of the city.

33 minutes ago, j_wert40 said:

Yea were going to have all day Monday to do the bulk of the sight seeing. We fly in early Saturday and fly out Midday Tuesday. So well have most of Saturday, Sunday night, and all day Monday to do all the sights. And yes to answer your question i was looking to do something nice that Monday night. The reason i brought up that restaurant is that it will knock out the Empire St Building, and have a good night view of the city.

Here's what I'd generally do if I were you:

Saturday: Check in to the hotel, get lunch, go to Times Square (quickly)/Nike Town/Central Park/Madison Ave, dinner downtown (STK, Bowery Meat, Blue Ribbon Sushi, Nobu, El Toro Blanco, La Esquina), then out for a drink in meatpacking.

Sunday: Breakfast, JETS, dinner in midtown (Quality Meats, Keens, Sparks, Nobu57), empire state building and/or top of the rock at night

Monday: Breakfast at Russ and Daughters, walk soho and nolita, walk across BK Bridge, Lunch at Grimaldi's, Ferry back to city, 9/11, Statue of Liberty, then late dinner at Carbone, then drinks on LWS

Tuesday: Last minute anything you missed pre-airport

3 hours ago, gEYno said:

Here's what I'd generally do if I were you:

Saturday: Check in to the hotel, get lunch, go to Times Square (quickly)/Nike Town/Central Park/Madison Ave, dinner downtown (STK, Bowery Meat, Blue Ribbon Sushi, Nobu, El Toro Blanco, La Esquina), then out for a drink in meatpacking.

Sunday: Breakfast, JETS, dinner in midtown (Quality Meats, Keens, Sparks, Nobu57), empire state building and/or top of the rock at night

Monday: Breakfast at Russ and Daughters, walk soho and nolita, walk across BK Bridge, Lunch at Grimaldi's, Ferry back to city, 9/11, Statue of Liberty, then late dinner at Carbone, then drinks on LWS

Tuesday: Last minute anything you missed pre-airport

That's right along the lines of what i was thinking. I appreciate all the help from yall. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 6:23 PM, T0mShane said:

Do not buy anything from anyone while you're in midtown. Do not get on a tour bus. Do not get in a yellow cab. Do not eat at a restaurant in midtown. Do not stop for a beer. Do not pose for a picture with anyone dressed as a cartoon character or a super hero. In Times Square, take one photo of the video screen, then leave Times Square and never go back. There is nothing for you in Times Square except for larceny. It's a snake pit of corporatized theft. 

Central Park is a series of asphalt footpaths leading to various grassy fields and some man-made ponds. You can take your three or four Facebook pictures there, but don't get sucked into trying to walk around the park. It is massive and repetitive. Once you've experienced twenty square feet of it, you've experienced all of it. 

If you want to eat food without getting butt-plugged, call an Uber and head to Queens for Italian food. If you want to drink, take the 6 train to Union Square, then take the L over to Bedford Ave in Brooklyn. You will encounter hipsters, but it's relatively safe (due to gentrification) and cheap. There are some decent little restaurants there as well, but the decor and menus will be consciously upsetting. Prepare yourself.

worthwhile things to stand in front of and take Instagram pics: Statue of Liberty, the 9/11 reflecting pool; the NYPL, and whatever bridge you can get close to. That's it. Don't do anything else. Don't talk to anyone. Run.

Do not listen to anything Tom Shane says.

Enjoy Times Square. Eat in Manhattan. Be a tourist.

On 8/19/2017 at 2:55 PM, Guest said:

Take one of these ladies to the Jet game with you ; they will LOVE you at the stadium :

desnudas.jpg

How the heck did a guest post? 

We need a new wall. Just have to figure out who is going to pay for it.

On 8/14/2017 at 5:36 PM, j_wert40 said:

I'm headed up to NYC for the first time later this year for the Panthers game at Metlife. Flying up from Houston so it will be a pretty big weather change. We are spending 4 days and 3 nights looking to stay near the Time Square area. Do yall have any tips on where to stay, places to eat, things to do, things like that while we are there. 

Be sure to remind us when it gets closer to the game, you guys should tailgate with us.

On 8/14/2017 at 8:04 PM, Gas2No99 said:

Times Square SUCKS and is a Tourist Trap that will burn your wallet faster than a case of Da Clap after getting close to the exhibitionist "Desnudas" whores in Father Duffy Square (by the Red Steps 0where slackers rest on their laurels begging for money).

(The underlined are links to the respective websites for the establishments.

You want a GREAT CRAFT BEEER BAR near Times Square: Beer Culture on West 45th St b/t 8th & 9th Ave 

You want a SOLID STEAK DINNER near Times Square: Gallaghers Steak House on West 52nd St. b/t Broadway and 8th Ave.

BEST STEAK IN NYC: A ) Peter Luger's on 178 Broadway in SOUTH Williamsburg, BROOKLYN, NY - make reservations NOW to get a table THEN.

B )  St.Anselm on Metropolitan Ave in SOUTH Williamsburg, BK 

REALLY good SEAFOOD near Time Square: Grand Central Oyster Bar & Seafood Restaurant - Subterranean Level of Grand Central Train Station E. 42nd ST. between Madison Ave & Park Ave. 

Things To DO:

NYC Museums: The Metroplitan Museum, Museum of Modern Art, Natural History Museum, The Sex Museum, The NEW Whitney Museum (American Modern Art) and then walk the Highline, The Guggenheim, Central Park Zoo, The Cloisters Monastery 

Walk around the West Village and Meatpacking District to see a POST-gentrified industrial zone that is now obnoxiously pretentious and oblivious to the REAL world (see beautiful entitled rich people bitch about tedious things)

Buy cocaine or marijuana :lol: in Manhattan Valley by Columbia University and then walk around either and near by Riverside Park, Central Park, or Morningside Park. Those 20 year olds sitting on building stoops with spandex-like tight pants halfway down their thighs = Street Corner Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs aka Drug Dealers. :D

Feel the sensation of DAGGERS IN YOUR EYES by attending a LIVE game at the garden: Knicks Tickets

Live Jazz AFTER HOURS: Dizzy Coca Cola Club, Birdland (have Zoe seat you), Smoke Jazz Club

ChinaTown

Annoying protests and NYU students rallying against SOMETHING: Union Square Park  

Take a Ferry to Staten Island for the views of the Upper Bay of NY Harbor but DO NOT get off b/c their's nothing to do there. Just stay on the ferry to return to Manhattan. Ferry to Ellis Island or to Lady Liberty 

Rockefeller Center and 5th Ave since it'll be lit up for Christmas by November.

Hope this helps. 

I don't see a link for the cocaine. 

Try the pizza at John's on Bleecker St in greenwich village.
It's just a short subway ride downtown on the 1 train.
Do not go to the John's in midtown.
Also for a real NYC experience if you decide to pay s visit to the Brooklyn Bridge or chinatown, go to Wo Hop down the stairs at 16 Mott St.
Looks sketchy from the street but I've been eating Chinese food there 40 years and I'm not dead yet.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 9/1/2017 at 0:37 PM, Randy Rasmussen said:

Also for a real NYC experience if you decide to pay s visit to the Brooklyn Bridge or chinatown, go to Wo Hop down the stairs at 16 Mott St.
Looks sketchy from the street but I've been eating Chinese food there 40 years and I'm not dead yet.

Wow did you take me back.  Remember pulling into this classic joint with friends at like five in the morning totally destroyed.  

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Wo Hop

Is there anything they DON'T have on the menu ?

Wo Hop Menu

Bar-B-Q Ribs $7.25
Boneless B.B.Q Ribs $7.25
Roast Pork $5.60
Fantail Shrimp $6.00
Roast Duck $7.25
Cold Sesame Noodle $4.50
Fried Wonton $4.95
Fried Chicken Wings $5.75
Fried Dumplings $5.30
Veg. Spring Rolls $3.80
Egg Rolls $4.00
Steamed Dumplings $4.85
Roast Pork Wontons call for price
Egg Drop Soup call for price
Wonton And Egg Drop call for price
Hot And Sour Soup* call for price
Chicken And Corn Soup call for price
Beef Wonton $4.75
Roast Duck Wonton $4.75
Chicken Wonton $3.75
Fresh Shrimp Wonton $4.75
Roast Pork Yat Gaw Mein $3.30
Roast Duck Yat Gaw Mein $4.60
Chicken Yat Gaw Mein $3.75
Beef Yat Gaw Mein $4.60
Suey Kew Soup $4.85
Vegetable Soup $3.50
Bean Cake Soup $3.60
Young Chow Wor Wonton $8.25
Young Chow Wor Suey Kow $8.75
Young Chow Wor Mein $8.25
Watercress Bean Cake Soup $4.95
Spicy Pickled Cabbage & Shredded Pork Soup $3.75
Assorted Seafood And Bean Curd Soup $7.15
Beef Congee $4.25
Pork Or Chicken Congee $3.50
Shrimp Congee $4.25
Vegetable Lo Mein $5.25
Roast Pork Lo Mein $5.35
Beef Lo Mein $5.60
Shrimp Lo Mein $5.60
Roast Duck Lo Mein $5.60
Chicken Lo Mein $5.50
Mixed Vegetable Young Sing Lo Mein $6.35
Beef Young Sing Lo Mein $7.25
3 D Lo Mein $7.35
4 D Lo Mein $7.95
Wo Hop Lo Mein $7.95
Vegetable Chow Fon $5.25
Roast Pork Chow Fon $5.35
Beef Chow Fon $5.60
Shrimp Chow Fon $5.60
Chicken Chow Fon $5.50
Roast Duck Chow Fon $5.60
Vegetable Young Sing Chow Fon $6.35
Beef Young Sing Chow Fon $7.25
3 D Chow Fon $7.35
4 D Chow Fon $7.95
Wo Hop Chow Fon $7.95
Roast Pork Chow Mai Fun $5.35
Beef Chow Mai Fon $5.60
Chicken Chow Mai Fon $5.50
Roast Duck Chow Mai Fon $5.60
Shrimp Chow Mai Fon $5.60
Beef Young Sing Chow Mai Fon $7.25
Singapore Chow Mai Fon* $7.35
Amoy Chow Mai Fon $7.35
Goon Bo Gai Ding $8.95
Goon Bo Har Ding $9.75
Goon Bo Beef $9.95
Goon Bo Duck $9.75
Goon Bo Chicken And Shrimp Ding $9.95
Goon Bo Scallops $12.50
Noodles $5.95
with beef and tomato $5.95
with chicken, oyster sauce $5.75
with shrimp, lobster sauce $8.50
Beef $6.25
Roast Pork $5.50
Beef $5.95
Shrimp $6.50
Pork Sum Sup Mein $5.50
Beef $5.95
Chicken $5.75
Shrimp $6.50
Ribs $5.35
Noodles* $5.50
Chicken Chow Mein $7.75
Beef Chow Mein $8.25
Roast Pork Chow Mein $7.75
Shrimp Chow Mein $8.25
Pork Chow Mein, Canton Style $8.25
Chicken Chow Mein, Canton Style $8.25
Shrimp Chow Mein, Canton Style $8.95
Beef Young Sing Chow Mein $8.95
Shrimp $5.80
Roast Pork $5.00
Beef $5.95
Chicken $5.60
Shrimp $8.50
Beef $5.75
Ribs $5.00
Sesame Chicken $8.95
Moo Goo Gai Pan $8.75
Chicken Wings Oyster Sauce $6.50
Chicken Kow $8.95
Chicken $9.95
Lemon Chicken $8.95
Orange Chicken $8.95
Pineapple Chicken $8.95
Sliced Chicken $8.95
Moo Shu Chicken $8.95
Chicken Ding $8.95
with almonds $8.95
Chicken $8.95
Honey Crispy Chicken $8.95
Beef $9.25
with tomatoes and onions $9.25
with chinese vegetables $9.25
with french mushrooms $9.50
with chinese mushrooms $9.50
with bean cakes $9.25
with string beans $9.65
with green peppers and tomatoes $9.50
with oyster sauce $9.50
with onions $9.25
with black bean sauce $9.50
with snow peas and oyster sauce $9.75
with broccoli $9.50
with mixed vegetable $9.50
with scallions $9.95
with spinach $9.95
Honey Crispy Beef $11.50
Beef $9.95
with asparagus $11.75
Fried Pork Chops $9.25
Peking Pork $9.25
Roast Pork $8.95
with tomatoes and onions $8.95
with chinese vegetables $8.95
with french mushrooms $9.25
with chinese mushroom $9.25
with bean cakes $8.75
with string beans $8.95
with green peppers and tomatoes $8.95
with oyster sauce $8.95
with onions $8.95
with black bean sauce $9.25
with snow peas and oyster sauce $9.25
with broccoli $8.95
with mixed vegetable $8.95
with almonds $8.95
Moo Shu Pork $8.95
extra pancakes $.30
Shrimp Ding $9.75
with almonds $9.75
Fresh Shrimp $9.75
with green peppers and tomatoes $9.75
with black bean sauce $9.95
with french mushrooms $9.95
with chinese mushrooms $9.95
Butterfly Shrimp $12.50
Fried Shrimp $12.50
Jumbo Shrimp $12.50
with broccoli $12.50
with black bean sauce $12.50
Salt And Pepper Jumbo Shrimp $12.50
Fried Jumbo Shrimp $17.95
Sweet And Pungent Pork $8.75
Sweet And Pungent Chicken $8.95
Sweet And Pungent Shrimp $12.50
Sweet And Pungent Chicken, Shrimp Kew $12.25
Sweet And Pungent Pork $9.75
Sweet And Pungent Chicken $9.95
Sweet And Pungent Fish $17.50
Sweet And Pungent Boneless Duck $8.95
Sweet And Pungent Fried Fish Fillet $11.25
Lobster, Szechuan Style $18.95
Scallops $12.50
Fried Fish Fillet Szechuan Style $11.25
Squid $9.95
Shrimp $9.75
Szechuan Shrimp $12.50
Szechuan Orange Flavored Beef $11.50
Szechuan Chicken $8.95
Shrimp $9.70
Beef $9.50
Sesame Beef $11.50
General Tso's Chicken $8.95
Sliced Chicken $8.95
with baby corn $8.95
with eggplant & spicy sauce $9.20
Chicken $6.95
Shredded Beef, Szechuan Style $9.75
Beef $9.75
with eggplant and spicy sauce $9.75
Squid $9.95
Home Style Bean Curd $7.25
Eggplant $7.25
Hunan Crispy Sliced Pork $8.95
Spicy Crispy Sea Bass, Hunan Style $17.50
Crabs $11.50
Szechuan Crabs $11.50
String Beans $7.25
Fresh Shrimp Egg Foo Young $7.75
Egg Foo Young $6.95
Roast Pork Egg Foo Young $6.95
Chicken Egg Foo Young $7.25
Subgum Egg Foo Young $7.25
Shrimp Egg Foo Young $8.10
Roast Pork Fried Rice $5.10
Mushroom Fried Rice $5.10
Chicken Fried Rice $5.20
Shrimp Fried Rice $5.70
Young Chow Fried Rice $6.25
Beef Fried Rice $5.70
White Rice $.90
Brown Rice $1.75
Crispy Noodles $.50
Buddha's Delight $7.95
Vegetables, Subgum Style $6.75
Subgum Vegetables $7.25
Mushroom Combo $7.25
Snow Peas And Bean Sprouts $7.25
Sauteed Broccoli $6.75
Bean Cakes $5.50
Chinese Broccoli $7.25
String Beans $7.25
Sauteed Watercress $7.25
Eggplant Black Bean Sauce $7.25
Sauteed Spinach $7.25
Sauteed Asparagus $8.95
Four Season $10.85
Scallops $12.50
Crispy Scallop $12.50
Clams $11.50
Lobster Cantonese $18.95
Snails $11.50
Squid $10.25
with mixed vegetable $10.25
Tad Par Steak $12.50
Sam Gip Dai $9.50
Steak Kew $11.50
Spare Ribs $7.95
Seafood Delight $12.50
Crabs Cantonese Style $11.50
Chow Gai Kew $8.95
Pineapple Duck $9.25
Wor Shu Duck $9.25
Braised Fish $17.95
Steamed Sea Bass $17.50
Pan Fried Flounder $17.50
Triple In Bird's Nest $15.95
Fried Squid $9.95
Crabs $11.50
Fried Fish Fillet $11.25
with mixed vegetables $11.25
Bar-b-q Ribs $7.25
Boneless B.B.Q. Ribs $7.25
Roast Pork $5.50
Fantail Shrimps (4) $6.00
Roast Duck $7.25
Cold Sesame Noodle $4.25
Fried Chicken Wings $6.60
Fried Dumplings (6) $5.30
Fried Wonton (12) $4.75
Egg Rolls (2) $4.00
Steamed Dumplings $4.85
Roast Pork Wontons call for price
Egg Drop Soup call for price
Wonton And Egg Drop call for price
Hot And Sour Soup call for price
Chicken And Corn Soup call for price
Beef Wonton $4.60
Roast Duck Wonton $4.50
Chicken Wonton $3.75
Fresh Shrimp Wonton $4.60
Roast Pork Yat Gaw Mein $3.30
Roast Duck Yat Gaw Mein $4.60
Chicken Yat Gaw Mein $3.75
Beef Yat Gaw Mein $4.60
Suey Kew Soup $4.85
Vegetable Soup $3.50
Bean Cake Soup $3.60
Young Chow Wor Wonton $8.25
Young Chow Wor Suey Kow $8.75
Young Chow Wor Mein $8.25
Watercress Bean Cake Soup $4.95
Spicy Pickled Cabbage & Shredded Pork Soup $3.75
Assorted Seafood And Bean Curd Soup $7.15
Beef Congee $4.25
Pork Or Chicken Congee $3.50
Shrimp Congee $4.60
Vegetable Lo Mein $5.25
Roast Pork Lo Mein $5.35
Beef Lo Mein $5.60
Roast Duck Lo Mein $5.60
Chicken Lo Mein $5.50
Mixed Vegetable Young Sing Lo Mein $6.35
Beef Young Sing Lo Mein $7.10
3 D Lo Mein $7.35
4 D Lo Mein $7.85
Wo Hop Lo Mein $7.85
Vegetable Chow Fon $6.25
Roast Pork Chow Fon $5.35
Beef Chow Fon $5.60
Shrimp Chow Fon $5.60
Chicken Chow Fon $6.50
Roast Duck Chow Fon $5.60
Vegetable Young Sing Chow Fon $6.35
Beef Young Sing Chow Fon $6.35
3 D Chow Fon $7.35
4 D Chow Fon $7.85
Wo Hop Chow Fon $7.85
Roast Pork Chow Mai Fon $5.35
Beef Chow Mai Fon $5.60
Chicken Chow Mai Fon $5.50
Roast Duck Chow Mai Fon $5.60
Shrimp Chow Mai Fon $5.60
Beef Young Sing Chow Mai Fon $7.10
Singapore Chow Mai Fon* $7.35
Amoy Chow Mai Fon $7.35
Goon Bo Gai Ding* $8.75
Goon Bo Har Ding* $9.50
Goon Bo Beef* $9.25
Goon Bo Duck* $9.25
Goon Bo Chicken And Shrimp Ding* $9.75
Goon Bo Scallops* $12.25
Noodles $5.85
with beef and tomato $5.95
with chicken, oyster sauce $5.60
with shrimp, lobster sauce $8.50
Beef $6.25
Roast Pork $5.60
Beef $5.95
Shrimp $6.50
Pork Sum Sup Mein $5.35
Beef $5.95
Chicken $5.60
Shrimp $6.50
Ribs $5.35
Noodles $5.35
Shrimp $5.60
Roast Pork $5.00
Beef $6.95
Chicken $6.60
Shrimp $8.50
Beef $5.75
Ribs $5.00
Roast Pork Fried Rice $5.00
Mushroom Fried Rice $5.00
Chicken Fried Rice $5.10
Shrimp Fried Rice $5.80
Young Chow Fried Rice $5.95
Beef Fried Rice $5.60
White Rice $.90
Crispy Noodles $.50
Sweet And Pungent Pork $8.50
Sweet And Pungent Chicken $8.75
Sweet And Pungent Shrimp $12.25
Sweet And Pungent Chicken Shrimp Kew $11.95
Sweet And Pungent Pork $9.50
Sweet And Pungent Chicken $9.75
Sweet And Pungent Fish $17.50
Sweet And Pungent Boneless Duck $8.95
Sweet And Pungent $12.25
Sesame Chicken $8.75
Moo Goo Gai Pan $8.50
Chicken Wings Oyster Sauce $6.25
Chicken Kow $8.75
Chicken $9.75
Lemon Chicken $8.75
Orange Chicken $8.75
Pineapple Chicken $8.75
Sliced Chicken $8.75
Moo Shu Chicken $8.75
Chicken Ding $8.75
with almonds $8.75
Chicken $8.75
Honey Crispy Chicken $8.75
Chicken Chow Mein $7.50
Beef Chow Mein $7.95
Roast Pork Chow Mein $7.50
Shrimp Chow Mein $8.25
Pork Chow Mein, Canton Style $7.95
Chicken Chow Mein, Canton Style $7.95
Shrimp Chow Mein, Canton Style $8.75
Beef Young Sing Chow Mein $8.50
Beef With Green Peppers And Onions $8.95
Beef With Tomatoes And Onions $8.95
Beef With Chinese Vegetables $8.95
Beef With French Mushrooms $9.40
Beef With Chinese Mushrooms $9.40
Beef With Bean Cakes $8.95
Beef With String Beans $9.50
Beef With Green Peppers And Tomatoes $9.40
Beef With Oyster Sauce $9.40
Beef With Onions $8.95
Beef With Black Bean Sauce $9.40
Beef With Snow Peas And Oyster Sauce $9.50
Beef With Broccoli $9.40
Beef With Minced Vegetables $9.40
Beef With Scallions $9.95
Beef With Spinach $9.95
Honey Crispy Beef $11.25
Beef With Watercress $9.95
Beef With Asparagus $11.75
Fried Pork Chops With Salt And Pepper $8.95
Peking Pork $8.95
Roast Pork With Green Peppers And Onions $8.50
Roast Pork With Tomatoes And Onions $8.50
Roast Pork With Chinese Vegetables $8.50
Roast Pork With French Mushrooms $8.95
Roast Pork With Chinese Mushroom $8.95
Roast Pork With Bean Cakes $8.75
Roast Pork With String Beans $8.95
Roast Pork With Green Peppers And Tomatoes $8.95
Roast Pork With Oyster Sauce $8.95
Roast Pork With Onions $8.75
Roast Pork With Black Bean Sauce $8.95
Roast Pork With Snow Peas And Oyster Sauce $8.95
Roast Pork With Broccoli $8.95
Roast Pork With Mixed Vegetables $8.95
Roast Pork With Almonds $8.95
Moo Shu Pork $8.75
extra pancakes $.30
Shrimp Ding With Cashew Nuts $9.50
Shrimp Ding With Almonds $9.50
Fresh Shrimp With Mixed Vegetables $9.50
Fresh Shrimp With Green Peppers And Tomatoes $9.50
Fresh Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce $9.75
Fresh Shrimp With French Mushrooms $9.75
Fresh Shrimp With Chinese Mushrooms $9.75
Butterfly Shrimp $12.25
Fried Shrimp $12.25
Jumbo Shrimp $12.25
Jumbo Shrimp With Lobster Sauce $12.25
Jumbo Shrimp With Broccoli $12.25
Jumbo Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce $12.25
Salt And Pepper Jumbo Shrimp $12.25
Fried Jumbo Shrimp With Walnuts $17.95
Fresh Shrimp Egg Foo Young With Gravy $7.50
Egg Foo Young With Mushroom $6.75
Roast Pork Egg Foo Young $6.75
Chicken Egg Foo Young $6.95
Subgum Egg Foo Young $6.95
Shrimp Egg Foo Young With Mushrooms $7.95
Buddha's Delight $7.95
Vegetables, Subgum Style $6.25
Subgum Vegetables With Fried Bean Curds $6.95
Mushroom Combo With Subgum Vegetables $7.10
Snow Peas And Bean Sprouts $6.95
Sauteed Broccoli $6.50
Bean Cake With Oyster Sauce $5.25
Chinese Broccoli With Oyster Sauce $6.95
String Beans With Black Bean Sauce $6.95
Eggplant Black Bean Sauce $6.95
Sauteed Spinach $6.95
Sauteed Asparagus $8.95
Lobster, Szechuan Style* $18.95
Scallops* $12.25
Fried Fish Fillet Szechuan Style* $12.25
Squid* $9.95
Shrimp* $9.50
Szechuan Shrimp $12.25
Szechuan Orange Flavored Beef $11.25
Shrimp $9.60
Beef $9.40
Sesame Beef $11.25
General Tso's Chicken $8.75
Sliced Chicken $8.75
with baby corn $8.95
with eggplant & spicy sauce $9.20
Chicken $8.75
Shredded Beef, Szechuan Style $9.40
Beef $9.40
with eggplant and spicy sauce $9.75
Squid $9.95
Home Style Bean Curd $6.95
Eggplant $6.95
Human Crispy Sliced Pork $8.95
Spicy Crispy Sea Bass, Human Style $17.50
Crabs $11.25
Szechuan Crabs $11.25
String Beans $6.95
Four Season $10.75
Scallops $12.25
Crispy Scallop $11.25
Clams $11.25
Lobster Cantonese $18.95
Snails $11.25
Squid $9.95
with mixed vegetable $9.95
Tad Par Steak $12.25
Sam Gip Dai $9.50
Steak Kew $11.25
Spare Ribs $7.95
Seafood Delight $12.25
Crabs Cantonese Style $11.25
Chow Gai Kew $8.75
Pineapple Duck $8.95
Wor Shu Duck $8.95
Braised Fish $17.95
Steamed Sea Bass $17.50
Pan Fried Flounder $17.50
Triple In Bird's Nest $15.95
Fried Squid $9.95
Crabs $11.25
Fried Fish Fillet $12.25
with mixed vegetables $12.25

On September 1, 2017 at 0:37 PM, Randy Rasmussen said:

KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND DON'T GET IT LITTERED WITH

COLORO CHE NON LO CONOSCONO di Wo Hop!! :angry:

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2017 at 4:36 PM, j_wert40 said:

UPDATE: ended up upgrading our tickets to section 244 row 2. Got a hotel just south of Times Square. Now looking deeper in the the subway system as well as several places to eat. We don’t have any subways in Houston so it’s going to be a new experience trying to maneuver from the airport and around the city. 

7 hours ago, j_wert40 said:

UPDATE: ended up upgrading our tickets to section 244 row 2. Got a hotel just south of Times Square. Now looking deeper in the the subway system as well as several places to eat. We don’t have any subways in Houston so it’s going to be a new experience trying to maneuver from the airport and around the city. 

For the best NYC advice, ask questions on the Trip Advisor boards or at least read through them if you haven't already

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York_City_New_York.html

Ask 10 NYers anything you get 10 different opinions so you have to wade through it all

On 11/8/2017 at 12:38 PM, j_wert40 said:

Don't take the subway from the airport to midtown.  Huge time waster.  Get a cab or Uber.  The hour + you'll save is worth it.

Archived