8/15 practice tweets

flgreen

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Derrick Jones breaks up a pass from Hack intended for Tomlinson...Jones seems to make at least one play everyday 

15 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

LOVE to hear this type of stuff about all the Late Round Rookies and UDFAs!

This is the MEAT for the argument as to whether or not MacCagnan has an ACTUAL COMPETENT EYE for FOOTBALL TALENT and IF he can build a DEEP, CHEAP, and yet TALENTED, team on ROOKIE contracts to build a strong NEW CORE for years to come. Seeing late round unpolished rookies Actually DEVELOPING into premium starting players is SO gratifying (Marcus Coleman, Ryan Young, Victor Green, Jericho Cotchery, Sherbet, etc.). The Jets haven't been able to draft late round talent consistently that contributed  since the Halcyon Days of TWO DICKS in the 90's (Steinberg '90-'94 & Haley '91-'02).

Mac's 2015 class should bear SIGNIFICANT fruit this year as it ripens entering its 3rd year. 

Posted this yesterday.

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

.@chackenberg1's personal goals for #NYJvsDET: "Go out and operate and do what's asked of me and continue to grow."

DHTCydoXUAI4fWm.jpg
1 retweet2 likes

what an a$$hole this guy is, are we 100% sure he isn't actually Sandusky?? @dbatesman, @T0mShane, can you prove that he isn't??

52 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Martin was KILLING IT in camp last year as well and then choked MASSIVELY during the preseason when the lights came on and he was CUT and not picked up by anyone else other than some weird company spelled as IBM.

We'll see how he fares soon enough in an actual game within the next 3 weeks. Cantanzaro HAS kicked in the league for a few years now. So they KNOW he won't choke, just may not be as powerful and we're not a DOME team.

So he won't choke, he will just be a terrible kicker.  Martin is good enough to play in this league.  

How about we put the guy who has been destroying practice in a meaningless preseason game to see if he is any better than last year.  Worst case, you go back to the guy who has missed everything this camp so far because no team trying to win is going to sign him.

21 minutes ago, flgreen said:

.@JoshMcCown12: "It's great to have @bilalpowell29 back in there...What he can do out of the backfield is an asset."

DHS_yU1WAAQtwaI.jpg
2 retweets1 like

The term "mentor", and "good influence" gets thrown around a lot, and its absolute laughable that people thought someone like Fitz was a good mentor for any young players especially a QB.  The guy admitted he "doesn't like to throw" in the offseason and took every opportunity last year to blame the coaches, GM, or anyone other then himself, when he was a complete abomination on the field.  Not only was did he suck as a player, but he routinely tried to play above his ability - had he understood the position and his own limitations, as a good QB should, he would have been much more successful.

McCown is a similarly average player who actually understands that QBs need to deflect praise and accept responsibility.  The article that was posted last week, really gives insight into what a valuable mentor can do, and McCown is actually that, as opposed to Fitz who is as responsible for the 2016 implosion as Revis or Marshall is.

Im personally happy that McCown is here to work with Hack and could care less if we paid $6 million vs $3.5 for him.  Hopefully he will be back in 2018 on a veteran minimum deal to work on his future in coaching and continue to work with Hack or with Hack and Darnold/Allen.

Sounds like Hack has outperformed McClown in 2 successive practices and from the tweets sounded more comfortable with the noise than McClown. He has also gotten more reps than the coach-to-be last 2 days, but not good enough, he needs 80% of reps for rest of camp.

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

The term "mentor", and "good influence" gets thrown around a lot, and its absolute laughable that people thought someone like Fitz was a good mentor for any young players especially a QB.  The guy admitted he "doesn't like to throw" in the offseason and took every opportunity last year to blame the coaches, GM, or anyone other then himself, when he was a complete abomination on the field.  Not only was did he suck as a player, but he routinely tried to play above his ability - had he understood the position and his own limitations, as a good QB should, he would have been much more successful.

McCown is a similarly average player who actually understands that QBs need to deflect praise and accept responsibility.  The article that was posted last week, really gives insight into what a valuable mentor can do, and McCown is actually that, as opposed to Fitz who is as responsible for the 2016 implosion as Revis or Marshall is.

Im personally happy that McCown is here to work with Hack and could care less if we paid $6 million vs $3.5 for him.  Hopefully he will be back in 2018 on a veteran minimum deal to work on his future in coaching and continue to work with Hack or with Hack and Darnold/Allen.

As long as he does not start. Fine.

Fitz was a cancer even in the "good" season (actually the luckiest season ever for a QB). How long before Fitzsucksdick whips out his watusi doll and hexes Jameis and winds up starting?

God, I hate that fugger. Even more than Vick the dog murderer.

4 minutes ago, Pcola said:

So he won't choke, he will just be a terrible kicker.  Martin is good enough to play in this league.  

How about we put the guy who has been destroying practice in a meaningless preseason game to see if he is any better than last year.  Worst case, you go back to the guy who has missed everything this camp so far because no team trying to win is going to sign him.

I'm not arguing with you here Pepsi . . . sheesh! Go take it out on the wife against the headboard or beat one out and calm down. :lol:

15 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

what an a$$hole this guy is, are we 100% sure he isn't actually Sandusky?? @dbatesman, @T0mShane, can you prove that he isn't??

The already-fringe, soon-to-be-unemployable coaches and personnel savants of your favorite NFL team have decided the proper way forward is to ride Christian Blaize Hackenberg into the bowels of NFL irrelevance and you're worried about what I and dbatesman think? 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The already-fringe, soon-to-be-unemployable coaches and personnel savants of your favorite NFL team have decided the proper way forward is to ride Christian Blaize Hackenberg into the bowels of NFL irrelevance and you're worried about what I and dbatesman think? 

I like your lil' Roto write up Sir:

Jets OC John Morton has called Christian Hackenberg "basically a rookie."

That's because the Jets were scared to even give Hackenberg reps in practice during his actual rookie season. Morton went on to say it's "too early to tell" when Hackenberg might be ready to start a regular season game. The Jets did their best to hide Hackenberg behind easy throws in last week's preseason opener, but the offense failed to produce any points across his eight drives. Hackenberg hasn't been good since his freshman year at Penn State in 2013. That seems unlikely to change this season.

Source: ESPN New York 
Aug 15 - 3:08 PM

:lol:

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I often find myself lying in bed at night, unable to sleep, wondering, what do shane and batesman think.... 

26 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Teams try to win?  What a novel concept.  All off-season I was told that is contrary to team building. 

Things I'd like to see:

Lee and Mauldin have been quiet this camp. It would be extremely encouraging if one of them can simply step up. With Leo as a lineman, Adams in the secondary, we must find another upcoming player that's going to be part of the LB core. 

I understand Hack might not be ready to play, but it is so meaningless for McCown to start any of our games. Let Hack play and gradually expand the playbook. He needs to learn from his mistakes. 

Marshall drops way too many passes. He's extremely lucky that we are so thin at receiver. Plus he has a 4-game suspension. 

I keep hearing good things about Maye. I never questioned the player, I simply questioned the position that we decided to go with in the 2nd round. I personally wanted Dalvon Cook, but I would gladly eat my words if Maye turns out to be a perennial pro bowler. 

I like the the majority of our assistant coaches. However, I still don't like the head coach. 

Archived