OH GOD YES: Jets announce a "Jets Fan Hall of Fame."

T0mShane

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thought you said "He was cool as the guy who started the chant organically. "  Guess not

Do you try to annoy everybody on purpose or are you just dense? Yes, that's what he did for a long time. I didn't say he was the original chant starter nor do I care who was.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Do you try to annoy everybody on purpose or are you just dense? Yes, that's what he did for a long time. I didn't say he was the original chant starter nor do I care who was.

image.png

10 hours ago, slats said:

5881861191_90de8b5bc9.jpg

These guys hook you every time on the first try. You're the only one who seems to not be in on the joke. I'm just trying to help you out. Next time you wanna suggest to someone that they put you on ignore, just put them on ignore instead. I'm sure it will improve your Jetnation experience. 

I've always wondered what the board would look like if I was the only poster on it.

18 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Yes it was...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks I just wanted to confirm.

Another poster described the fans at Metlife that are constantly on their phones and tablets as yuppies.

I only go to 2-3 games a year now but dont see the 50-60 y/o crowd doing this all that much.

I think the yuppie thing was the Sony Watchman TVs back in the 80's early 90's

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets could do something interesting in this regard.  Forgive me if this sound morbid, but...

80 years from now we'll all be gone and it would be sort of cool if our descendants as next-generation season ticket holders could go to a monument of sorts at MetLife Stadium before a game, find dad's name on a plaque somewhere, touch it for luck, and then go enjoy kickoff.  Something to be said about honoring the legacy of the individual fans at the venue in which their favorite team played.  Sad to say I don't have the time to visit my father's grave every year, but if his name were engraved on a Jets Fan Wall Of Fame alongside thousands of other Jets fans, my sons and I would surely stop by before the game to touch his name, blow a kiss, say a little prayer.  That's a good way to honor average Jets fans, not just special ones elected and given a ceremonial jacket.  Just a thought.

SAR I

This is a great idea!  Let's hope the Jet's marketing department is reading JetNation

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

Fans today aren't in it for the sports bar anymore; they're in it for the game.

Baloney ; half the fans nowadays play with their phones ; eat something and leave during a crucial drive ; they hardly watch the game . You don't know too much buddy .

1 hour ago, super bowl or bust said:

Baloney ; half the fans nowadays play with their phones ; eat something and leave during a crucial drive ; they hardly watch the game . You don't know do much buddy .

Sorry, as a nominated Jets Fan Hall Of Fame member I can only respond to those with a minimum of 100 posts.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sorry, as a nominated Jets Fan Hall Of Fame member I can only respond to those with a minimum of 100 posts.

SAR I

100 posts my butt ; I've attended Jet games since 1978 ; owning season tickets since then ; I've seen more Jet games than you ever will .

• 1 year later...

Archived