Film Review: Christian Hackenberg (Failure): Preseason Week 1 (Titans)

JetNation

4 hours ago, win4ever said:

Thanks. 

I think he bailed on the play because he saw the guy coming through the middle.  He actually does everything perfect until that point, where he puts his eyes down and moves away.  The Titans show blitz, so Hack goes to his hot read (Jenkins) and then holds the LB (maybe safety too, can't see that far down) with his eyes and then goes towards his first read in Harper.  Unfortunately, this is when the DE/LB is trying to penetrate the A gap, which causes Hackenberg to bail on the play when he did actually have protection.  If it wasn't for the borderline holding by the RT, I think Hackenberg gets absolutely blown up on this play for a sack because he doesn't get out of the pocket quickly.  Someone like Wilson or Tyrod could do this better because they are more of a threat in the open field, but Hackenberg just isn't one of them.  

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with his ability to get open at all.  He apparently does well on returns, which could be a reason why he makes the team.  

We're going to have to agree to disagree, I don't think there was enough time to complete the pass. 

Archived