McCown's' last 32 games

AFJF

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

You are what your record says you are not what your stats say you are, McCowns record over this course of history says he is a the biggest losing QB during that span with each season ending with his team having the #1 overall pick the last 3 years.  There is really nothing left to dispute.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm one of those fans who believes that teams win and lose games.  

I do not believe that one player does it all by himself.

However, I do realize that there is a growing percentage of fans who believe one single player is responsible for the performance of the other 44 guys on game day.

I am not one of them.

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm one of those fans who believes that teams win and lose games.  

However, I do realize that there is a growing percentage of fans who believe one single player is responsible for the performance of the other 44 guys on game day.

I am not one of them.

Yes football is a team sport.  But the NFL is a QB driven league.  And a Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Matt Ryan can make the other players, both on offense and defense a whole lot better than throwing out McCown/Fitz/Geno/Hack.

Case in point, Favre took over a Jets offense that previously had Bollinger as their starter.  With the additions of Faneca, D. Woody, and a rookie in Keller, Favre was leading arguably the best team in the league before his injury.  Made every single player on that team better.  Defense was gassed from constant three and outs, etc.

24 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I am not one of them.

And again how is this Jets team any better then the last 3 teams McCown played for?  Did we all of a sudden sign 2 stud WR's?  A perennial All Pro LT?  Did I miss something?

40 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I am not one of them.

Without tom brady the pats are an average if not below average schmuck team, no question in my mind.

22 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

And again how is this Jets team any better then the last 3 teams McCown played for?  Did we all of a sudden sign 2 stud WR's?  A perennial All Pro LT?  Did I miss something?

Possibly.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Without tom brady the pats are an average if not below average schmuck team, no question in my mind.

What has the record been without Brady?

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Last 3 seasons Josh McCowns "teams" have a combined 6 wins, he only has 2 of those wins, while Johnny Manziel also has 2 in a lot less starts let's run, and sign Manziel to start for us.

That sounds like a really good idea.

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I try to avoid using the single best quarterback of all time as a comparison to all others.    That cheating bastard is on a different level than everyone else. 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

As good of an idea as it is to have McCown start for the Jets this year.

Yes, of course it is. That's why he got $6 million to play for...who was it again? 

On 8/16/2017 at 11:56 AM, AFJF said:

42 TD's 

25 INT's

60% comp pct

If he stays healthy for even ten games and plays at that level, the top pick will be out of the question IMO.

The last 3 seasons his TD to INT is 29 TD's 24 INT's.

On 8/17/2017 at 4:39 PM, Jet Nut said:

Actually not true, there wasn't really a problem with what he was supposed to be, he just never developed.  I loved Carr but not at 18.  Turned out differently though 

Watson went at 10 this year, Mahomes 12.  Carr was clearly good enough to pick at 18, based on today's standards.  Look where Lynch got picked last year.  Carr went lower mostly because of the ghost of his brother.  A QB who has those physical skills but some flaws is going to go mid-1st round.

I just get the sense that the Bills/Pegula are very cognizant of what the Jets do.   I think he is really tanking.  There is no way the Jets lose to them.  I think Pegula really does not want the Jets to end up with Darnold.  

I did hear on Sirius this morning how good Peterman looked this week.  Sigh.

I try to avoid using the single best quarterback of all time as a comparison to all others.    That cheating bastard is on a different level than everyone else. 
Without Brady pats are still a super bowl winner. Brady has been along for the ride.

Cheating makes anyone look good.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Watson went at 10 this year, Mahomes 12.  Carr was clearly good enough to pick at 18, based on today's standards.  Look where Lynch got picked last year.  Carr went lower mostly because of the ghost of his brother.  A QB who has those physical skills but some flaws is going to go mid-1st round.

I just get the sense that the Bills/Pegula are very cognizant of what the Jets do.   I think he is really tanking.  There is no way the Jets lose to them.  I think Pegula really does not want the Jets to end up with Darnold.  

I did hear on Sirius this morning how good Peterman looked this week.  Sigh.

This is like saying Brady should have went 1 given he's the GOAT.  Carr went where he went because that's where he should go.  And I wanted Carr. His brother was abused and battered on a bad Texan team.  No one drafts a player because of his brothers career.  Hack has every physical trait that Carr has and we complain he went too early.   Takes a lot more than physical tools otherwise Nagle, Osweiler and a lot of physically gifted athletes would have made it

I don't think the Bills are tanking anymore than the Jets or any other team that people imagine tanked. Football HCs don't lose games on purpose.  

I think Pegula is thinking to himself:

The Bills had to play Brady for 16 years.  When they had Kelly, they went to the Super Bowl like 4 times.  We have franchise QBs coming out.  Pegula is not going to let the Jets get a franchise QB that he has to play 2x a year for 10 years.    So he is going to out tank the Jets.

He hired a management team that is just getting started.  They have a longer time line.  The Jets team was bumbling with a win now strategy with no QB, got lucky-ish one year, crashed the next, and now their front office is on the hot seat.  So while the Jets win more games than they should, the Bills and all their draft picks will truly tank, make like the Browns, but get a Franchise QB.

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think Pegula is thinking to himself:

The Bills had to play Brady for 16 years.  When they had Kelly, they went to the Super Bowl like 4 times.  We have franchise QBs coming out.  Pegula is not going to let the Jets get a franchise QB that he has to play 2x a year for 10 years.    So he is going to out tank the Jets.

He hired a management team that is just getting started.  They have a longer time line.  The Jets team was bumbling with a win now strategy with no QB, got lucky-ish one year, crashed the next, and now their front office is on the hot seat.  So while the Jets win more games than they should, the Bills and all their draft picks will truly tank, make like the Browns, but get a Franchise QB.

I'm not sure Pegula is that smart, but the dudes currently running that team seem to understand that chasing a couple wins in Year One of a regime is stupid if it costs you assets by the time Year Three rolls around. We are not so lucky. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

'My not sure Pegula is that smart, but the dudes currently running that team seem to understand that chasing a couple wins in Year One of a regime is stupid if it costs you assets by the time Year Three rolls around. We are not so lucky. 

lmao remind me whose playing safety for the Bills

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

'My not sure Pegula is that smart, but the dudes currently running that team seem to understand that chasing a couple wins in Year One of a regime is stupid if it costs you assets by the time Year Three rolls around. We are not so lucky. 

Pegula is a Jets copycatter.  He took Ryan, and they went for meaningless wins.  

But I think he looked how the Jets have operated over the last 8 years and realized that he not only had to do it differently, but he had to beat the Jets to the punch of doing it differently.

Given who their QB is, there was no sense in trying to be competitive until they got a real one.

His dumping Darby and Watkins would have been like the Jets dumping Leo and Anderson-rising start, rookie contract.  

They have some new players and veterans playing it out.  They are really tanking.  It is a race to the bottom.

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

Pegula is a Jets copycatter.  He took Ryan, and they went for meaningless wins.  

But I think he looked how the Jets have operated over the last 8 years and realized that he not only had to do it differently, but he had to beat the Jets to the punch of doing it differently.

Given who their QB is, there was no sense in trying to be competitive until they got a real one.

His dumping Darby and Watkins would have been like the Jets dumping Leo and Anderson-rising start, rookie contract.  

They have some new players and veterans playing it out.  They are really tanking.  It is a race to the bottom.

Gotta disagree with you. Nobody looks at the Jets and decides to copy anything they do. Pegula got ****ed over by Marrone, was stuck looking for a coach, and Rex showed up on his doorstep in the middle of the night after Arthur Blank's mother dying allowed Pioli and Dimitriff to save the Falcons from making the Rex mistake. Tyrod was Rex's guy. Not much that the Bills are doing emulates anything that the Jets do, or did. Maccagnan tried to supplement Rex's roster; the Bills are purging their Rex roster. 

Archived