### Jets \ Lions -- Preseason Week Two, Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, fusionCA said:
2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Outside of the semantics, you get my point. It's Shell's responsibility to take the inside guy and let the outside man go free. It's the QB's responsibility to see and understand that when setting his protection. If he set his protection then he should have known that a DE that is "not blitzing" will be uncovered. That's not Shell's fault when Im looking at Shell block the inside guy. 

No, it isn't.  You have zero idea what you are talking about.  Zero.  I'm new here, but it's clear you aren't one of the X and O guys to turn to.  Do you realize how many QBs in the NFL are the guys setting protections for 1?  Not a lot.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Outside of the semantics, you get my point. It's Shell's responsibility to take the inside guy and let the outside man go free. It's the QB's responsibility to see and understand that when setting his protection. If he set his protection then he should have known that a DE that is "not blitzing" will be uncovered. That's not Shell's fault when Im looking at Shell block the inside guy. 

both the guard and tackle (Shell) took the def tackle.  Which blocking scheme has a double team on the DT and leaves the DE untouched?  Just admit you were wrong.

Just now, dbatesman said:

Why is it unreasonable to you that a QB who's "basically a rookie" blew a protection call?

It's not.  I'm not the one saying it is.  You and the guy you quoted are.  

Everyone on Twitter said it looked like it was Powell's fault, I thought it looked like Powell blew protection because the Guard and Tackle double teamed the inside man. Typically that means a different protection was called based off of the defensive look and every player except Powell knew. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If that's the case then that's Shells fault. From the replay it looked like Shell was one-on-one. 

It was a 3 on 3, Mike over the center. 

Hard to say for sure, but Powell is solid vin pass pro usually

Just now, GandWFan said:

both the guard and tackle (Shell) took the def tackle.  Which blocking scheme has a double team on the DT and leaves the DE untouched?  Just admit you were wrong.

Nothing to admit, if you read everything that I said I even stated "It seemed from when I looked at the replay that Shell was one-on-one when blocking, but if not then that was on Shell". 

But like I said, based on what I saw that didnt look like the case. But if it was, then it was on Shell. 

Admitting wrong is for folk who need that to happen. It looked to me like Shell picked up his man, it didnt look like a double team. If it was then Shell ****ed up. 

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It's not.  I'm not the one saying it is.  You and the guy you quoted are.  

Everyone on Twitter said it looked like it was Powell's fault, I thought it looked like Powell blew protection because the Guard and Tackle double teamed the inside man. Typically that means a different protection was called based off of the defensive look and every player except Powell knew. 

Powell not knowing because he's rusty and Powell not knowing because Hackenberg (who is basically a rookie) has no earthly idea what he's doing seem equally likely to me. Tie goes to Powell because he has years of demonstrated competence and is not basically a rookie.

Archived