### Jets \ Lions -- Preseason Week Two, Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

i dont care about McCown , i pretend he is not even on the team.

its pre season  , let the kid throw 

Let him throw on first down , letting him throw on 3rd and long will get him killed with the way the OL is "blocking".

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Powell not knowing because he's rusty and Powell not knowing because Hackenberg (who is basically a rookie) has no earthly idea what he's doing seem equally likely to me. Tie goes to Powell because he has years of demonstrated competence and is not basically a rookie.

Impossible for either one of us to know.  I'm just going by what I saw.  The only thing that I think I can say with any level of certainty is that I don't think Shell was the one to blame.  I am only going by what I saw via the O-Line and my own personal playing experience.  Without knowing the play and the options neither one of us can tell.

I'm not a humongous fan of Powell like many here because he's always got something going on and his experience really doesn't mean much when he missed a ton of install days in a new offense.  So all of that being said, I could be wrong, but for now I will chalk it up to Powell missing an assignment due to some rust.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It's also very obvious after watching the Lions execute their offense the Jets are very, very, very far behind on being on the same page, and able to execute/understand the offense.

Who do you blame for that?

Archived