I'm still in shock

Dcronin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you guys upset now?  We known for months the jets are the worst team in football.  

We had 2 guys that wouldnt even make a cfl roster playing qb for us last night.  

The offense will look better next week when a real qb is in there but the team is still awful.

It will be a miracle if we win a gsme this year.

1 hour ago, August said:

Funny you say this but Geno looked decent for the most part when he had weapons around him. It's common sense really. When you have a young quarterback you're trying to develop you put weapons around him. The Jets are the only team I know that consistently fields teams with little offensive talent around their young quarterbacks. 

True but in mccag's defense he did expect to have devin smith and enunwa healthy, but when smith went down right before the draft they still ignored wr until round 3.  It's a joke how much salary and draft collateral is misallocated to the defense.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

He dropped back to pass a total of 8 times!!!! They had a draw play on 3rd down on 2 of his 5 drives. People need to get their head out of their ass and actually look at what happened.

You are not being credible right now.  How anyone outside of Hack's immediate family can defend him right now is mind boggling.  I didn't see the game yet but in the game thread it was mentioned multiple times how often Hack was calling audibles at the line.  

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why are you guys upset now?  We known for months the jets are the worst team in football.  

We had 2 guys that wouldnt even make a cfl roster playing qb for us last night.  

The offense will look better next week when a real qb is in there but the team is still awful.

It will be a miracle if we win a gsme this year.

hope dies hard

10 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

We don't need to and thankfully WILL NOT be giving Hack 4 years to figure a damn thing out about him. The sad part is his college career gave you everything you needed to know about him, and that is he was hardly a viable NFL prospect, was definitely not worthy of a 2nd round pick, and he will flame out of this league within 3 years, book it.

People who don't have their heads firmly lodged up their rectum could read the writing on the wall about Hack. The problem is our GM ain't one of those people.

As for Geno, I heard the news about Webb yesterday afternoon on WFAN, and if you saw Geno's brilliant performance vs the Steelers, you'd understand there's a good chance for Webb to overtake him. As for a "redshirt" season for Webb, please provide proof of this because I'm about 99.9% sure you pulled that out of the same place MacCagnan has his head firmly lodged. Why would the term redshirt be used by a team with a franchise QB who never misses time? In that case they were redshirting Nassib for 3-4 years lol... Just cause y'all ate up that redshirt BS the Jets put out there to hide that fact that the QB they just selected is a bust, don't go throwing that word around for your convenience. Unlike the Jets, actual football people run the Giants so I'm sure they're not 1) keeping 4 QBs around... 2) Ignore the development of their "maybe" QB of the future... 3) Try to play coy with their fanbase over a bad draft choice by coming up with some c0ck-a-mamy "redshirt" story...

At least when they were lying and covering things up to their fanbase 30 years ago, it was for the greatest defensive player who ever played the game. We do it for Christian Hackenberg lmao

Hackenberg could very well get 4 years. I could see him starting some games towards the end of the season and looking mildly passable and then they go with him and Petty next year and let them compete for the job. 

As for Geno, McAdoo said that he likes what he saw from Smith but if Smith doesn't show more then Webb can potentially be thrown in the mix to compete for the job. The Giants are a win now team, they want a quarterback with starting experience that can step in and play in the event Eli goes down. 

"No one is anointing Webb, 22, here in May of his NFL freshman year. He may be effectively redshirted all season behind Manning and either Geno Smith or Josh Johnson as backup.

The simple fact is, though, that Webb demonstrates qualities and a work ethic that make it clear why he was voted captain first at Texas Tech and again at Cal in his final college season. And precedent provides hope that the Giants’ third-round pick will acclimate well – and perhaps quickly – at the pro level, too."

The Giants are not keeping 4 quarterbacks. They'll cut either Smith or Johnson.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

True but in mccag's defense he did expect to have devin smith and enunwa healthy, but when smith went down right before the draft they still ignored wr until round 3.  It's a joke how much salary and draft collateral is misallocated to the defense.

They should've never cut Decker. 

2 hours ago, ECURB said:

That is bullsh*t. There will always be pressure... In fact it gets worse as you go further just ask the 18-1 pats

Drops? Ever think a crappy QB is the cause? He hit ASJ in the toes...

No he didn't . Was it a bad pass - sure , but it was at knee level and any NFL TE not named Kellen Davis should have caught it.

13 minutes ago, August said:

Hackenberg could very well get 4 years. I could see him starting some games towards the end of the season and looking mildly passable and then they go with him and Petty next year and let them compete for the job. 

As for Geno, McAdoo said that he likes what he saw from Smith but if Smith doesn't show more then Webb can potentially be thrown in the mix to compete for the job. The Giants are a win now team, they want a quarterback with starting experience that can step in and play in the event Eli goes down. 

"No one is anointing Webb, 22, here in May of his NFL freshman year. He may be effectively redshirted all season behind Manning and either Geno Smith or Josh Johnson as backup.

The simple fact is, though, that Webb demonstrates qualities and a work ethic that make it clear why he was voted captain first at Texas Tech and again at Cal in his final college season. And precedent provides hope that the Giants’ third-round pick will acclimate well – and perhaps quickly – at the pro level, too."

The Giants are not keeping 4 quarterbacks. They'll cut either Smith or Johnson.

You do realize Petty is more than likely waking up this morning as the 2nd team QB, right? Bowles would have to be crazier than Charley Manson to entrust this O to Hack over Petty in the event of a McCown injury. And if Petty goes down we'll definitely see another veteran signed here to take the reins, basically like 2005 when they kept signing every veteran retread they could find to keep them from playing Brooks Bollinger. And if he does get starts, he'll inevitably stink up the joint and be out of the league in a year or 2... Just like Brooks Bollinger (and Bollinger was much better than Hack FWIW). He just ain't good.

Thanks for the article from May, the news I shared I heard yesterday from one of the beat writers, and in fact here's three articles from the past couple days that back it up. Not from May when they had no idea how he looked on the field, but from now since they see what they actually have. He's going to take Geno's spot and be Manning's primary backup come opening day... Geno & Johnson shouldn't even be on NFL rosters except for 3rd string/ emergency "just hand the ball off" QBs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/geno-smith-josh-johnson-struggles-opening-path-davis-webb-article-1.3420654

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/add-rookie-davis-webb-into-the-fight-for-giants-backup-qb/2017/08/17/8a429eda-838e-11e7-9e7a-20fa8d7a0db6_story.html?utm_term=.e861174e2ec7

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/08/18/new-york-giants-davis-webb-geno-smith-josh-johnson-nfl/

As I said, real football people run 1 of NY's football teams. The other has been a decade long clown show.

2 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

You do realize Petty is more than likely waking up this morning as the 2nd team QB, right? Bowles would have to be crazier than Charley Manson to entrust this O to Hack over Petty in the event of a McCown injury. And if Petty goes down we'll definitely see another veteran signed here to take the reins, basically like 2005 when they kept signing every veteran retread they could find to keep them from playing Brooks Bollinger. And if he does get starts, he'll inevitably stink up the joint and be out of the league in a year or 2... Just like Brooks Bollinger (and Bollinger was much better than Hack FWIW). He just ain't good.

Thanks for the article from May, the news I shared I heard yesterday from one of the beat writers, and in fact here's three articles from the past couple days that back it up. Not from May when they had no idea how he looked on the field, but from now since they see what they actually have. He's going to take Geno's spot and be Manning's primary backup come opening day... Geno & Johnson shouldn't even be on NFL rosters except for 3rd string/ emergency "just hand the ball off" QBs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/geno-smith-josh-johnson-struggles-opening-path-davis-webb-article-1.3420654

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/add-rookie-davis-webb-into-the-fight-for-giants-backup-qb/2017/08/17/8a429eda-838e-11e7-9e7a-20fa8d7a0db6_story.html?utm_term=.e861174e2ec7

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/08/18/new-york-giants-davis-webb-geno-smith-josh-johnson-nfl/

As I said, real football people run 1 of NY's football teams. The other has been a decade long clown show.

Did you even read the articles you posted? 

I think we all have to be careful about making assumptions,” McAdoo said of the assumption that Webb would have no chance to dress on game days this fall. “Josh and Geno right now are competing for the No. 2 spot, and if it doesn’t look the way we want it to look, Davis will get a crack.

Chances are still slim Webb ever suits up in 2017, of course. Take McAdoo’s comment with a grain of salt for this reason: Webb wasn’t even part of the competition to back up Manning through training camp, which officially ended on Tuesday."

Webb is being groomed developmentally, barely taking snaps on some days, working often in a new “opportunity” period of camp practices that McAdoo created primarily for Webb to get work and for the coach to work directly with the Giants’ third-round pick out of Texas Tech and Cal. The Giants’ plan for Webb, in other words, is to let him watch this season and monitor his progress. And to be honest, while Webb has demonstrated a ton of encouraging traits already in limited action, it’s not like he’s lit his portions of practice on fire — or received enough team snaps — to blow his coaches away.

You'd think Hack in his second year would be more advanced and he's clearly not ready for the regular season. And nowadays in the NFL teams cut high draft picks early even in their second year. So right now you don't go into the regular season with Hack as the backup. It has to be Petty. Who at least at times can move the ball and could get better. I don't cut Hack but he's no. 3. Teams were actually interested in Petty last season including Minnesota after Teddy went down. 

And as for Petty and Hackenberg, they will not play a guy off the streets before they give Hackenberg a shot. Let's see how the rest of the preseason shakes out before we anoint Petty the backup. But he definitely did what he was supposed to do. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

You'd think Hack in his second year would've more advanced and he's notteady for the regular season. And nowadays in the NFL teams cut high draft picks esrlyeventheirsecond year. So right now w you don't go into the regular season with Hack as the backup. It has to be Petty. Who at least at times can move the ball and could get better. I don't cut Hack but he's no. 3. Teams were actually interested in Petty last season including Minnesota after Teddy went down. 

Exactly. Minnesota wanted Petty over Smith and other teams inquired about him. Petty might be nothing but if we're discussing our team's options he's better than Hack probably about as good as McCown but with more upside. Hack might still turn it around but to have him over Petty right now is dumb. 

If you need evidence of where Hack is compared to Petty think about the two times they had free rushers coming at them. In that Dolphin game, Petty realized something was wrong, felt the pressure and delivered a great pass 20 yards downfield before getting wrecked. Same type of situation and Hack showed zero situational awareness.

its embarrassing that I even can point to that moment as a positive.

7 minutes ago, August said:

Did you even read the articles you posted? 

I think we all have to be careful about making assumptions,” McAdoo said of the assumption that Webb would have no chance to dress on game days this fall. “Josh and Geno right now are competing for the No. 2 spot, and if it doesn’t look the way we want it to look, Davis will get a crack.

Chances are still slim Webb ever suits up in 2017, of course. Take McAdoo’s comment with a grain of salt for this reason: Webb wasn’t even part of the competition to back up Manning through training camp, which officially ended on Tuesday."

Webb is being groomed developmentally, barely taking snaps on some days, working often in a new “opportunity” period of camp practices that McAdoo created primarily for Webb to get work and for the coach to work directly with the Giants’ third-round pick out of Texas Tech and Cal. The Giants’ plan for Webb, in other words, is to let him watch this season and monitor his progress. And to be honest, while Webb has demonstrated a ton of encouraging traits already in limited action, it’s not like he’s lit his portions of practice on fire — or received enough team snaps — to blow his coaches away.

All of that is coachspeak... How quickly we forget just last year the word out of Philly was that Wentz would sit behind & learn from Daniels... remember how fast that evaporated? If Webb goes out there on Monday and tears it up and Geno is Geno, Geno will drop like a rock on that depth chart.

It's the Giants, they'll do the right thing. They're not the Jets. They learned from their Dave Brown experience. We haven't.

If a guy like Josh Johnson were available after preseason the Jets might be interested. Because if McCown who I think can do an adequate to ok job for us as starter is injured we need someone who can play the position and is NFL ready right now. If we cut Hack could we PS him or would another team pick him up. I'd personally take Petty over Geno but if Geno gets beat out he's probably better than anyone available. But if you think he knows the offense he doesn't with a new OC. 

2 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

All of that is coachspeak... How quickly we forget just last year the word out of Philly was that Wentz would sit behind & learn from Daniels... remember how fast that evaporated? If Webb goes out there on Monday and tears it up and Geno is Geno, Geno will drop like a rock on that depth chart.

It's the Giants, they'll do the right thing. They're not the Jets. They learned from their Dave Brown experience. We haven't.

But last year the Rams said they were sitting Goff and they actually sat him. So it's not all "coach speak". And obviously if Webb lights it up and Geno struggles then that could change things. But more than likely they want Webb to be the 3rd quarterback and either Smith or Johnson to be the backup in 2017.

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

The offense around him was awful. 2 for 6 with 2 drops is hardly awful. Its nothing. He had what maybe one or 2 bad plays everything else was the sh*tty people he was with.

He started an entire half of a preseason game and only completed two passes -- both to the running back. I literally cannot believe anybody would defend last nights performance. He's god awful.

7 minutes ago, August said:

But last year the Rams said they were sitting Goff and they actually sat him. So it's not all "coach speak". And obviously if Webb lights it up and Geno struggles then that could change things. But more than likely they want Webb to be the 3rd quarterback and either Smith or Johnson to be the backup in 2017.

Only until the season was lost. Then Goff played several games. Hack didn't -- because he was so unfathomably bad they literally couldn't play him.

The whole team stinks. I said it last night, when you are this bad at OL, WR, HC you really can't evaluate sh*t. Having said that Hack stinks also. Could he be something some day? Maybe, but I am very doubtful at this point. 1-15 is our ceiling this year.

33 minutes ago, August said:

The difference is that the Giants would be open and flexible to that. The Jets however, painted themselves into that stupid "keep 4 QBs and redshirt the 2nd rounder" box which did nothing but hurt the perception of Hack which is why he's under such a microscope now. It's one thing to do that with  a round 5-7 QB, but Hack being a 2 couple with the fact that we didn't have a franchise QB in the first place made the whole "redshirt" thing just laughably stupid. If I see a kid is drafted in the 2nd round and the incumbent QBs are Fitz (who wasn't even signed on Hack's draft day), Geno , & Petty, there's no way in the world am I not expecting that pick to be made on a player who can come in and compete... Think of the Bengals taking Dalton in the 2nd when the best QB on the Cincy roster was Bruce Gradkowski. They didn't say "Well we got a guy who'll never be a viable NFL starter on the roster, let's bring in the red-head to learn from our other sh!tty QBs." No, they brought him in to compete and lo and behold the best QB of that group won the starting job. Why couldn't we have done it so simple?

And considering Fitz WASN'T a Jet at that time that Hack was drafted, just who was this grizzled vet he supposed to redshirt for and learn from? 2 QBs who're almost as old as he is?

This whole "redshirt" nonsense they started last season is still too stupid to justify and even crafting an argument against it is headache inducing, that's how ridiculous it is/was.

3 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

WTF game did you watch?

Jets at Lions fool. Hack did not elevate the players around him. That is what a good QB does. The team is not currently constructed for other players to lift the team. It is on the QB to do that. 

As I stated earlier this year the Jets have the worst QB Corps in the AFCE. They have clearly downgraded the position. Hack has no points in two games thus far. It is the QB's job to put points on the board. 

WTF did you watch?

Don't take your anger out on me, I am way more than an Internet tough guy. If you are to quote me, be respectful.

1 hour ago, glenn31 said:

I'm smart enough to know that Sh1t-stain Hackensuck wasn't a legit NFL prospect.

I'm smart enough to know that drafting him in the 2nd round was a complete recipe for disaster.

I'm smart enough to know that all we know how to hire is awful, awful GMs.

I'm smart enough to know that Todd Bowles has no pulse.

I'm smart enough to know that Hackensuck looked like hot garbage last night.

I'm smart enough to know that McCagnan should be as good as G-O-N-E come Black Monday, & that Hack selection is the true nail in the coffin.

I'm smart enough to know that as that first half progressed the coaching staff were reduced to a wimpering "No mas" in regards to calling plays for a 3rd string QB to run vs a 1st 2nd string D by the 2nd quarter.

I'm smart enough to know Walt Michaels should have been here until 1990

I'm smart enough to know that Rex Ryan was a blabbering idiot when he said at his introductory presser that his football teams will swipe back at 2 of your'n when y'all swipe at 1 of mine'n... I tells ya (that's hockey mentality Rex, not football)

But most of all...

I'm smart enough to know that the daily snark provided by  @T0mShane is what's gonna get me through this devil of a season.

He's our real MVP... Fedex that man a Snoopy Bowl trophy, post-haste!

Lolz

2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Jets at Lions fool. Hack did not elevate the players around him. That is what a good QB does. The team is not currently constructed for other players to lift the team. It is on the QB to do that. 

As I stated earlier this year the Jets have the worst QB Corps in the AFCE. They have clearly downgraded the position. Hack has no points in two games thus far. It is the QB's job to put points on the board. 

WTF did you watch?

Don't take your anger out on me, I am way more than an Internet tough guy. If you are to quote me, be respectful.

I don't get it.  The way some jets fans can still fool themselves into thinking Hack and Petty and Mac and Bowles aren't all a bunch of clowns who need to be far away from this franchise next January

14 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

The whole team stinks. I said it last night, when you are this bad at OL, WR, HC you really can't evaluate sh*t. Having said that Hack stinks also. Could he be something some day? Maybe, but I am very doubtful at this point. 1-15 is our ceiling this year.

Adams is somehow skating through all this.  The guys we passed on for him holy cow

2 hours ago, August said:

Funny you say this but Geno looked decent for the most part when he had weapons around him. It's common sense really. When you have a young quarterback you're trying to develop you put weapons around him. The Jets are the only team I know that consistently fields teams with little offensive talent around their young quarterbacks. 

Thank you...

That's because the Jets brass has been generally dumb and has been consistently so for over a decade now.

People say you don't have to have great talent on the OL, WR postions, TE, RB before you say someone stinks, and yes this is true but the converse is equally true; if your your OL sucks and your skill position players are God awful, you aren't winning squat in the NFL and a Brady/Montana hybrid wont make one bit of difference in the final analysis under those putrid conditions.

58 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

You just had a Narnia reference and a Charles Manson reference in the same thread.  " Damn you to hell Jets, you just broke Glenn." 

9 minutes ago, thadude said:

I don't get it.  The way some jets fans can still fool themselves into thinking Hack and Petty and Mac and Bowles aren't all a bunch of clowns who need to be far away from this franchise next January

I am with you. Three drafts and we have the worst QB Corps I the AFCE. No Speedy PR. No OL. A DL inflated at the DT position. I hope that Macc cannot choose the next QB. How could he come here and neglect the O? The best players on O are 5, 6, 7th rounders and UDFA's.

He just cannot balance out a roster and over pays for sorry assed QB FA.

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You just had a Narnia reference and a Charles Manson reference in the same thread.  " Damn you to hell Jets, you just broke Glenn." 

They break me every year, Crush... I just have battered fan sydrome because I realize that's just how they show me they love me

nG6OZF4.png

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Look my friend you need to take off the blinders. I was at that game last nite and it was the first time I watched Hack play in person. I was reserving judgement on him until I saw him in live game play. From the first play to the last play he was in the game Hack stunk up the joint. He once again zeroed in on one WR when he was nailed on the sack AND DIDNT EVEN FEEL THE GUY COMING. Granted the guy was unblocked but a QB especially in that situation should feel pressure. Hack, because he was locked in never saw him or felt him. If he did he could have pulled down the ball and not fumbled. The only reason why they threw the ball 8 times was because Hack was terrible and the same thing with the draw calls on 3rd down. The guy is just plain bad. I have been playing coaching and watching this game since my two-hand touch days on Lorimer st as a kid and let me tell you Hack is not an NFL QB. Just by the way he sets up in the pocket you can tell he is all wrong. You want to see an NFL QB. Look no further than Bryce Petty. He looked WORLDS better than Hack. Petty looked like he knew what he was doing out there even though it was against 3rd stringers. He looked like a guy who belonged. I'm not saying he is the QB of the future but he has earned playing time and should move up on the depth chart ahead of Hack-off. Hack looked like a deer in the headlights. No skill, no touch, no ability to see the whole field, and worse yet no football smarts or instinct. Time to cut bait on this guy and let Petty and McClown battle it out. I would much rather see Petty going forward than give Hack-off another shot. Guy just doesn't have it.

This is why I said that McCown shouldn't be brought in!!!

The QB battle should be between Hack and Petty and we go from there; McCown winning us 3 more games because he is so "experienced" will hurt us because we still will have one QB we still don't know about at the end of the year, and in addition the Jets will have been just bad enough not to be in the running for a quality QB draft pick, the worst of all possible outcomes!

38 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Only until the season was lost. Then Goff played several games. Hack didn't -- because he was so unfathomably bad they literally couldn't play him.

I understand that but they did do what they said they were gonna do.

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Look my friend you need to take off the blinders. I was at that game last nite and it was the first time I watched Hack play in person. I was reserving judgement on him until I saw him in live game play. From the first play to the last play he was in the game Hack stunk up the joint. He once again zeroed in on one WR when he was nailed on the sack AND DIDNT EVEN FEEL THE GUY COMING. Granted the guy was unblocked but a QB especially in that situation should feel pressure. Hack, because he was locked in never saw him or felt him. If he did he could have pulled down the ball and not fumbled. The only reason why they threw the ball 8 times was because Hack was terrible and the same thing with the draw calls on 3rd down. The guy is just plain bad. I have been playing coaching and watching this game since my two-hand touch days on Lorimer st as a kid and let me tell you Hack is not an NFL QB. Just by the way he sets up in the pocket you can tell he is all wrong. You want to see an NFL QB. Look no further than Bryce Petty. He looked WORLDS better than Hack. Petty looked like he knew what he was doing out there even though it was against 3rd stringers. He looked like a guy who belonged. I'm not saying he is the QB of the future but he has earned playing time and should move up on the depth chart ahead of Hack-off. Hack looked like a deer in the headlights. No skill, no touch, no ability to see the whole field, and worse yet no football smarts or instinct. Time to cut bait on this guy and let Petty and McClown battle it out. I would much rather see Petty going forward than give Hack-off another shot. Guy just doesn't have it.

This scathing review is the straight truth. There is no way and nowhere to hide Hack

3 hours ago, August said:

Funny how that works. 

And funny how people always bring up Geno when his history bears out how wrong their points about talent levels are. WTF, offensive talent in the way of an OL being able to keep their QB from being hit before he even drops back, allows him a running game to keep a defense honest and WRs who can not only create space but actually catch the ball isn't a factor into a QBs success.  Nah.  That's just an excuse. A Geno excuse no less.  

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Not true.  Hack didn't play because because as the 4th QB he wasn't getting snaps or practice time, wasn't in a position to play.  No HC would ever give anyone a shot under those circumstances.

I understand that but they did do what they said they were gonna do.

Sure, but NFL teams will break from that when the rookie looks good. Look at the Eagles last year. Originally they said Wentz was going to be third string but after he looked good they traded Bradford and started Wentz from day one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived