I'm still in shock

Dcronin

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny how that works. 

And funny how people always bring up Geno when his history bears out how wrong their points about talent levels are. WTF, offensive talent in the way of an OL being able to keep their QB from being hit before he even drops back, allows him a running game to keeps a defense honest and WRs who can not only create space but actually catch the ball isn't a factor into a QBs success.  Nah.  That's just an excuse. 

Look at the scrutiny Bortles is receiving right now. He has a ton of weapons and a solid oline and is struggling so at least The Jags have an idea what he is. They've put him in the best position to succeed and he's not taking advantage of it. That proves my point that even if you give a guy weapons if he sucks he sucks and weapons won't change that. That point seems to elude these people. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Sure, but NFL teams will break from that when the rookie looks good. Look at the Eagles last year. Originally they said Wentz was going to be third string but after he looked good they traded Bradford and started Wentz from day one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It varies from team to team because Bridgewater looked good in preseason and they still started Cassel over him, Bortles looked promising in preseason and they still started Henne. Mahomes is looking promising now and more than likely Alex Smith will still be starting. We can even go back a decade to Eli, he looked promising yet they still started Warner. 

1 minute ago, August said:

Look at the scrutiny Bortles is receiving right now. He has a ton of weapons and a solid oline and is struggling so at least The Jags have an idea what he is. They've put him in the best position to succeed and he's not taking advantage of it. That proves my point that even if you give a guy weapons if he sucks he sucks and weapons won't change that. That point seems to elude these people. 

Exactly.  Bottles is a good example.  Don't get how hard it is to understand that if you eliminate the questions about the surrounding talent you're left with one conclusion and one only, that the fault falls on the QB.  When it's questionable that any QB would look decent because of the talent level you'll always be left wondering how much of an effect the lack of surrounding talent has to do with the QBs struggles.  

It isn't that hard a concept but somehow leads to accusations of making excuses for a player. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I find the premise of this thread hilarious.

You are shocked that the Jets are bad. THIS HAS BEEN SET SINCE FEBRUARY/ HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SHOCKED

Gotta agree with my man Who here. Hackenberg never completed 60% of his passes in a season in high school. Anyone professing shock that he's wet dogsh*t has only themselves to blame.

Just now, dbatesman said:

Gotta agree with my man Who here. Hackenberg never completed 60% of his passes in a season in high school. Anyone professing shock that he's wet dogsh*t has only themselves to blame.

That being said, I still see improvement from last year. He couldn't hit the short passes this year. He can this year.

10 minutes ago, August said:

And what seems to be eluding you is the notion that Christian Hackenberg, as a single football entity, sucks balls at being a QB & athlete, and has a track record over the last 4 years of sucking balls as a QB & athlete.

2 hours ago, glenn31 said:

I'm smart enough to know that Sh1t-stain Hackensuck wasn't a legit NFL prospect.

I'm smart enough to know that drafting him in the 2nd round was a complete recipe for disaster.

I'm smart enough to know that all we know how to hire is awful, awful GMs.

I'm smart enough to know that Todd Bowles has no pulse.

I'm smart enough to know that Hackensuck looked like hot garbage last night.

I'm smart enough to know that McCagnan should be as good as G-O-N-E come Black Monday, & that Hack selection is the true nail in the coffin.

I'm smart enough to know that as that first half progressed the coaching staff were reduced to a wimpering "No mas" in regards to calling plays for a 3rd string QB to run vs a 1st 2nd string D by the 2nd quarter.

I'm smart enough to know Walt Michaels should have been here until 1990

I'm smart enough to know that Rex Ryan was a blabbering idiot when he said at his introductory presser that his football teams will swipe back at 2 of your'n when y'all swipe at 1 of mine'n... I tells ya (that's hockey mentality Rex, not football)

But most of all...

I'm smart enough to know that the daily snark provided by  @T0mShane is what's gonna get me through this devil of a season.

He's our real MVP... Fedex that man a Snoopy Bowl trophy, post-haste!

Holy stupid agenda batman 

Finally, the NY Jets are going to have the 1st pick in the NFL draft! Say hello to our new coach Sean Payton. Sean & Morton/Bates will be picking our future QB out of the top 3 candidates in the 2018 NFL draft.

Competing for the 1st pick, Browns, 49ers, Jags, Rams. Difference is the Jets have the worst offense of all of them & the Rams have the best defense out of all of them.

This offense is way too thin to compete for 16 games. They already lost Q, Forte is just collecting salary on disibility, Powell can't carry the load & McCown is gonna get killed behind this seive of an Oline. They do have some young talent, and all of them will get their feet wet this year. McGuire, Stewart, Hansen, Leggette, it's gonna be like 16 preseason games for these guys.

Its really hard to find an NFL QB, takes some luck too or a guy like Dak Prescott wouldn't have made it to the 4th round. There's a guy being groomed right up I95 that if he becomes a free agent could flip the script for 12 years in the AFC east after Brady calls it a day. He's accurate, smart, marketable & the Jets would be crazy not to try to steal him from their rivals. 

Jimmy Garapolo might be the guy the Jets have been waiting for. Might be better than taking another swing at the draft if there's no clear cut #1 coming out in 2018. With all that free agency dollars you could draft all offense & surround him with a couple of studs & hit the ground running in 2018, instead of another 3 years of developing another questionable QB.

18 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

And what seems to be eluding you is the notion that Christian Hackenberg, as a single football entity, sucks balls at being a QB & athlete, and has a track record over the last 4 years of sucking balls as a QB & athlete.

He very well might suck but again when you are developing a quarterback you must surround your quarterback with talent in order to proper evaluate him. Because once again even if he sucks the weapons won't matter because his suckage will still shine through regardless. And there would be little doubt. 

23 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I'm smart enough to know when people levy insults instead of countering the points you've made, you're arguing someone who's not even worth your time.

I'm smart enough to know when I talk up a player with nothing to back it up except for "BUT LOOK WHAT HE DID AS A FRESHMAN DOE... HE'S LIKE 6'5" N SHYTZ", then that player proceeds looks like gelatin & wet feces and leaves me zero evidence to prove that "THIS PLAYA IS NICE, YO!" then it's time to take stock of the egg said player left on your face and STFU.

28 minutes ago, August said:

He very well might suck but again when you are developing a quarterback you must surround your quarterback with talent in order to proper evaluate him. Because once again even if he sucks the weapons won't matter because his suckage will still shine through regardless. And there would be little doubt. 

The excuses being made for this crap are ridonkulous

21 minutes ago, August said:

I would agree with you wholeheartedly if it wasn't for the case that this QB in question has nothing to develop and had this front office been a competent outfit they'd have either passed on him altogether or taken him in round 5-7, when you're supposed to take these long term development types, especially at QB.

I HATE the fact that we're saddled with this bum for now, but at the same time I also understand the stupid GM put a kid who doesn’t have 2nd round talent into a horrible position by reaching for him so badly, and bringing him onto a team that had minimal talent at the QB position.

The faster Mac, Bowles, AND Hack are all jettisoned from this place the better, to me he'll always be the living embodiment of Mac's imcomptence... that Hack pick is a horrible stain on a franchise who's has had more than their fair share of stains. This one is just another unique F-Up that only the Jets could F-Up in their own unique way.

9 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

I would agree with you wholeheartedly if it wasn't for the case that this QB in question has nothing to develop and had this front office been a competent outfit they'd have either passed on him altogether or taken him in round 5-7, when you're supposed to take these long term development types, especially at QB.

I HATE the fact that we're saddled with this bum for now, but at the same time I also understand the stupid GM put a kid who doesn’t have 2nd round talent into a horrible position by reaching for him so badly, and bringing him onto a team that had minimal talent at the QB position.

The faster Mac, Bowles, AND Hack are all jettisoned from this place the better, to me he'll always be the living embodiment of Mac's imcomptence... that Hack pick is a horrible stain on a franchise who's has had more than their fair share of stains. This one is just another unique F-Up that only the Jets could F-Up in their own unique way.

I didn't like the pick either. But Mac liked Hackenberg and he wasn't going to risk another team taking him. So he made sure to draft him with his next available pick. That's what you're supposed to do when you like a guy. However I wouldn't have drafted him at all. But now that he's here the Jets better do everything in their power to develop him and put him in the best possible position to succeed. That's all I'm asking for at this point. 

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

I am with you. Three drafts and we have the worst QB Corps I the AFCE. No Speedy PR. No OL. A DL inflated at the DT position. I hope that Macc cannot choose the next QB. How could he come here and neglect the O? The best players on O are 5, 6, 7th rounders and UDFA's.

He just cannot balance out a roster and over pays for sorry assed QB FA.

It's embarrassing 

31 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

I'm smart enough to know when people levy insults instead of countering the points you've made, you're arguing someone who's not even worth your time.

I'm smart enough to know when I talk up a player with nothing to back it up except for "BUT LOOK WHAT HE DID AS A FRESHMAN DOE... HE'S LIKE 6'5" N SHYTZ", then that player proceeds looks like gelatin & wet feces and leaves me zero evidence to prove that "THIS PLAYA IS NICE, YO!" then it's time to take stock of the egg said player left on your face and STFU.

The next smart thing you say will be your first

12 minutes ago, August said:

I didn't like the pick either. But Mac liked Hackenberg and he wasn't going to risk another team taking him. So he made sure to draft him with his next available pick. That's what you're supposed to do when you like a guy. However I wouldn't have drafted him at all. But now that he's here the Jets better do everything in their power to develop him and put him in the best possible position to succeed. That's all I'm asking for at this point. 

And I hate to tells ya, but what your asking for ain't happening if there's nothing there to develop. As for Mac, you're right a GM should take the guy he likes before another team scoops him up.

All I'm asking for is a GM who would do that for a player who actually has a shot at being a franchise NFL QB. Any GM who walked into 2016 to get Hack on some "hook or by crook" tip isn't worthy of being an NFL GM, because HACK WAS NOT A "HOOK OR BY CROOK" type of of player and prospect when he left PSU.

And he'll never become that.

5 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

And I hate to tells ya, but what your asking for ain't happening if there's nothing there to develop. As for Mac, you're right a GM should take the guy he likes before another team scoops him up.

All I'm asking for is a GM who would do that for a player who actually has a shot at being a franchise NFL QB. Any GM who walked into 2016 to get Hack on some "hook or by crook" tip isn't worthy of being an NFL GM, because HACK WAS NOT A "HOOK OR BY CROOK" type of of player and prospect when he left PSU.

How do you not have a job in the NFL?

6 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

He obviously took Hackenberg because he thought he could be a franchise quarterback. To you and I he wasn't worth it but to Mac he was worth taking in the 2nd round. Now that he's here they need to put him in a position to succeed. 

5 minutes ago, August said:

He obviously took Hackenberg because he thought he could be a franchise quarterback. To you and I he wasn't worth it but to Mac he was worth taking in the 2nd round. Now that he's here they need to put him in a position to succeed. 

And that is why he will no longer be a GM come Black Monday, 2018.

We can call it a temporary liberation.

Just now, NoBowles said:

This is a Bs post. Hopefully @Maxman takes this garbage out

Congrats... you want to insult my intelligence on a passive aggressive tip, well sorry boy, I'll get at you directly. 

You could have easily discussed football like I've been doing all morning in these threads but you wanna open up a can of snark?

Go cry to the Mods now that I threw that can of p!ss back in your face like the little bytch you've proven yourself to be...

GO JETS!!!

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Look, Hack is a complete waste.  But WTF is going on with our OC?  We have no one who can run a quick slant?  Maybe get the kid in rhythm.  Or is it that he can't even throw a slant?  Either way, it's a friggin' disaster.

He threw a gorgeous slant last week. The playcalling, OL, running game and just overall concept was completely braindead yesterday. With our OL, we need to pass probably 65% of the time on first down. We cannot run on 1st and 2nd into 8 man boxes. We should also likely use more 12 personnel and max protect formations to help Hack on first and 2nd down. Run run pass is a complete recipe for disaster

12 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

Congrats... you want to insult my intelligence on a passive aggressive tip, well sorry boy, I'll get at you directly. 

You could have easily discussed football like I've been doing all morning in these threads but you wanna open up a can of snark?

Go cry to the Mods now that I threw that can of p!ss back in your face like the little bytch you've proven yourself to be...

GO JETS!!!

Yes, eye for an eye, I get it, nice post about my wife.... all class brotha!

5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Lol, this thread is a circle jerk of stupidity...

There's this amazing concept called developing a QB to get them to that point. Very few QBs in history, even all time greats, started out like that. 

Come on, are you really not smarter than this??

First three posts you made in the thread.

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

1 hour ago, glenn31 said:

55 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

The next smart thing you say will be your first

I'm waiting for you to contribute something other than insults. 

Archived