Derek Carr was a second round pick who went 3-13 with a 76 rating his first year and now he has a 125 million dollar contract.

Jetsbb

The Jets beat reporters, commentators, fans and coaches are all living in crazy town right now. The way you develop a QB is to play him and let him go through his lumps. Starting Mccown on a team that is going nowhere when you have a talented QB who needs reps and time on the field to develop is beyond asinine. All Hack has to show is he knows how to get them lined up and call out plays. You start the ****ing guy Maccagnan spent a high pick on and you try and develop him. Throwing out a 38 year old is a waste of time and serves only to pad a couple extra wins on Bowles resume. There is no rationale to start Mccown no matter how much shills like Bob Wischusen tries to convince a skeptical fan base.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

The Jets beat reporters, commentators, fans and coaches are all living in crazy town right now. The way you develop a QB is to play him and let him go through his lumps. Starting Mccown on a team that is going nowhere when you have a talented QB who needs reps and time on the field to develop is beyond asinine. All Hack has to show is he knows how to get them lined up and call out plays. You start the ****ing guy Maccagnan spent a high pick on and you try and develop him. Throwing out a 38 year old is a waste of time and serves only to pad a couple extra wins on Bowles resume. There is no rationale to start Mccown no matter how much shills like Bob Wischusen tries to convince a skeptical fan base.

The rationale is that Hackenberg is so ungodly awful that starting him will get literally everyone fired.

Derek Carr showed promise as a rookie albeit while being up and down. So you know what the Raiders did the following offseason? Draft Cooper and signed Crabtree while bolstering their oline. The Jets think Hackenberg could be the guy and what did they do? Get rid of the veteran Eric Decker while hoping to rely on mostly unproven young receivers. Hackenberg may very well suck, but I'd like to see how he looks with some talent around him so there is little doubt about him. 

OH, I agree we must start Hack all 16 this year.

But I find the way Jets Fans endless repeating of the old "Well, Peyton Manning went .......so we must start X" or "Well, Derrick Carr was drafted.....so we must start X" to be some of the least logical arguments around.

Our guy is not Peyton Manning and he's not Derrick Carr.  He will not reproduce what they did if only we do the same basic things those teams did.  Please, for all our sakes, stop using this as an argument.

When a guy is as bad as Hackenberg is starting him anyway won't develop him. It will shatter the kid's psyche and cause the rest of the team to quit. Some people still don't seem to understand -- Hackenberg isn't a "run of the mil" bad QB like say, Petty is. He's not an NFL caliber player and the only reason he's still on the roster is because we flushed a 2nd round pick down the toilet to get him.

2 hours ago, glenn31 said:

Derek Carr is a football player with the inherent talents to be a viable starting QB in the NFL.

Christian Hackenberg, however, is not.

And Carr would have been labeled a bust by loyal Jet fans after his first year in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, August said:

Derek Carr showed promise as a rookie albeit while being up and down. So you know what the Raiders did the following offseason? Draft Cooper and signed Crabtree while bolstering their oline. The Jets think Hackenberg could be the guy and what did they do? Get rid of the veteran Eric Decker while hoping to rely on mostly unproven young receivers. Hackenberg may very well suck, but I'd like to see how he looks with some talent around him so there is little doubt about him. 

Next year will be the year the Jets should add young talent on offense - if they don't then I agree with all the naysayers that this FO is clueless.

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And Carr would have been labeled a bust by loyal Jet fans after his first year in the NFL. 

Even so, at some point his talent would have shown through, thus winning us all over.

That is never, ever, going to happen with Christian "I peaked as an athlete the same year I became eligible to vote at a time that happened to coincide when no one had film on me" Hackenberg.

Jets drafted Calvin Pryor instead.SAFETIES, MAN!

Let that sink in.

Then break something. 

AND ASK YOURSELF HOW THE FVKC A TEAM PICKS A SAFETY OVER WATSON  OR MAHOMES. 

Can't develop a QB if you don't pick one in the first place.

3 hours ago, glenn31 said:

Derek Carr is a football player with the inherent talents to be a viable starting QB in the NFL.

Christian Hackenberg, however, is not.

Hack has every physical tool that Carr has.  He supposedly has the mental football IQ to get it done.  He has all the inherent talents, it's up to him to develop those talents past the embryonic stage.  He has 0 experience and is basically a rookie on a talentless offensive team.  Carr with Oakland isn't compatible to anyone with the 2017 Jets.  Carr as a rookie on this talentless team would get the same things written about him from impatient fans as they write about Hack and every other young QB we draft. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Hack has every physical tool that Carr has.  He supposedly has the mental football IQ to get it done.  He has all the inherent talents, it's up to him to develop those talents past the embryonic stage.  He has 0 experience and is basically a rookie on a talentless offensive team.  Carr with Oakland isn't compatible to anyone with the 2017 Jets.  

If he had it, we'd have seen it since... um... college AFTER tape was compiled on him.

Until Hack SHOWS me, I don't need some random fan TELLING me how good he is.

Enjoy your day.

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Geno Smith, Brock Osweiler, Jimmy Claussen, Pat White, and Kellen Clemens were all drafted in the second round too. Will Hackenberg end up like them, or like Derek Carr? Gee gosh golly I wonder

To be fair Kellen Clemons has had an outstanding career for Keller Clemons. Million dollars a year to carry a clip board? Beast!!!

Just now, glenn31 said:

If he had it, we'd have seen it since... um... college AFTER tape was compiled on him.

Until Hack SHOWS me, I don't need some random fan TELLING me how good he is.

Enjoy your day.

As if we need a random fan who ignores week 1 and thinks what that QB showed in his second preseason game under constant fire is what we should expect him to be forever.  

Enjoy that thought

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

As if we need a random fan who ignores week 1 and thinks what that QB showed in his second preseason game under constant fire is what we should expect him to be forever.  

Enjoy that thought

I enjoy laughing at Hackensuck and his delusional supporters.

And keep bringing up last week where all he threw were rocket screens and hitch patterns en masse culminating in a whopping 5 yards per attempt. What a break-out!!!

If we put him in a time machine back to September 6, 1992, did a face/off type of thing and replaced Nagle with him, would you be willing to bet that Hack leaves that game with at least the same stat line as Nagle did that day (the only respectable stat line of Nagle's career) having to face that deadly Falcons secondary from back then? If (especially) after last night you can say yes you would bet on that, you're either deficient of gray matter or the most stubborn mule who ever walked this Earth.

Keep in mind this is a comparison to Browning... Nagle.

I can already tell you Deion, Jessie Tuggle, & the rest of dem boys would have had this turd off the field for good wearing a baseball cap by halftime (and thats being nice).

Again, there's gotta be someone in your world who's sphincter would be receptive to the Hack smoke you're trying to blow up the rest of ours, but please, don't waste your time here.

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hack has every physical tool that Carr has.  He supposedly has the mental football IQ to get it done.  He has all the inherent talents, it's up to him to develop those talents past the embryonic stage.  He has 0 experience and is basically a rookie on a talentless offensive team.  Carr with Oakland isn't compatible to anyone with the 2017 Jets.  Carr as a rookie on this talentless team would get the same things written about him from impatient fans as they write about Hack and every other young QB we draft. 

Hack has every physical tool necessary to become a good quarterback in the same way you have every physical tool necessary to become a ninja.

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hackenberg is basically an embryo

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hack has every physical tool necessary to become a good quarterback in the same way you have every physical tool necessary to become a ninja.

Actually no.  I don't have any of the physical traits.  Hack does.  Prototypical size, strength, arm etc.  Takes a lot more than that but it's a start.  Don't get the point of making believe it isn't true.  

Archived