8/22----------Camp Tweets

flgreen

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He went to zone in that game.  Like he did in game 1 vs the Bengals and other, but Williams couldn't keep up.  Always wonder how fans can't notice man coverage being switched.  Sometimes there's only so much you can do given the roster.  That you can't sit 2016 Revis and line up 2009 Revis doesn't make the HC clueless. 

Maybe you're right.  I can only remember Sammy running wild with 10+ catches and Revis either giving him 10 yards of cushion or chasing the back of his jersey for 60 minutes.

But I also seem to remember being just about the only one around here that noticed how awful Pryor was in the early stages of 2015 when most were notching his ballot for the pro bowl because he forced a fumble and made a few tackles.  Who by the way is now buried on the depth chart in Cleveland.  He is about five seconds from being out of the NFL... like i predicted in 2015.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, flgreen said:

Hack + Petty getting most of the work so far...if McCown is starting QB, this is an interesting way to prepare him #JetsCamp #Jets

If their goal was to win as many games as possible then this would make no sense. But their goal is clearly to develop the kids. Mccown knows the offense and is a vet, he can miss every practice between today and week 1 and still be OK to start.  Guys like Luck/Newton haven't even practiced yet and if they are healthy they will have no problem starting week 1. 

22 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Catanzaro misses from 30 and 45, off the upright from 55, 3 of 6 #JetsCamp #Jets

Catanzaro still being in camp with us, despite missing almost everything he kicks, is a testament to the leadership of this Jets franchise.

20 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I remember quite clearly the Bowles adjustment to Sammy Watkins mollywhopping Revis in 2015 week 17 at Buffalo. 

"Do nothing and it will work itself out."  Greatest adjustment I've ever seen.  Worked to perfection... for Buffalo.

lol, bingo.

18 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Four players on the scout defense just had a chance at a sack on Hackenberg. He was protested by the starting line #jets

Connor be trolling. 

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

In these two sets of game plan drills -- direct prep for Giants -- McCown has 1 rep. That's it. #jets

IF the Manish draft quip is true, AND a decision from above Bowles was made to pick between Petty, and Hack to be the starter, there is SERIOUS trouble in paradise!

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This practice does not look like the team is preparing to start Josh McCown...still lots of time left, but all Hack + Petty #JetsCamp #Jets

Seriously, we should just trade McCown to the Broncos for a conditional 7th. It'll be like we paid for an extra draft pick. Then start Petty, and keep working on Hack. McCown has no business being in our starting lineup. Trade Forte too. Or cut him. I don't care. Go out and poach one of the RBs in the Seattle stable. Or wait for Philly to cut one of their young guys loose, and pick him up. 

Get younger. I don't want to see 30 and 40 year olds making mistakes, because they suck. I want to see young guys making mistake because they're green. There's a difference. The young guys at least have a chance to learn. Old farts are just trash.

If you arrived from outer space and landed at today's Jets practice, you'd draw this conclusion about their quarterback situation: They have no clue as to who will start. Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty split the first-team reps, with presumptive starter Josh McCown barely getting on the field. This looks like a Hackenberg vs. Petty day. Enough experimenting; it's time to settle on a lineup.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

Archived