8/22----------Camp Tweets

flgreen

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, #bman said:

Why is everyone freaking out! The jets are not going to win many games. It's not as though McCown was brought here for a playoff run. He's fine. He knows the offense. He's 38! He doesn't need the reps. They are trying to find a legit #2 QB and also trying to develop the kids. My God Jets fans and the Jets beat reporters are such sallies! freaking out over every little thing!

If the coach came out and said what you just said then there would be little freaking out.  When everything is kept secret or avoided then people will wonder if the guy knows at all what he is doing.  Don;t blame the fan base for not blevieing we are a well run organization.

Just now, KRL said:

We're talking about Josh McCown here not Tom Brady or Drew Brees.  If this team is actually serious

about finding out about their young QB's I'm fine with it

Makes sense. But there are beat writers and SOJFs that need something to mock on a daily basis so  this is the "hot take" for Tuesday. Tomorrow's "hot take" will be that Mccown is taking too many reps. Rinse. Wash. Repeat. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Feels that way. We've been trying to build the perfect defense for 10 years now.

You have to count the three years Mangini spent hoodwinking the fanbase about the players not fitting the 3-4. Rather than scheming to the strengths of Vilma, he drafted the Boar Hunter. Just can't make this sh*t up.

1 minute ago, KRL said:

We're talking about Josh McCown here not Tom Brady or Drew Brees.  If this team is actually serious

about finding out about their young QB's I'm fine with it

I don't think you will find many posters who disagree, it's just why does it have to be such a spectacle?

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I don't think you will find many posters who disagree, it's just why does it have to be such a spectacle?

What spectacle? Bowles isn't forcing the beat writers to tweet about every single practice snap? Every stupid Jets fan demanded the kids get a chance and when Bowles gives the kids a chance these same idiots act bewildered. It's comical to see you guys lose your sh!t over something you demanded. 

So when Hackenberg goes 18-25 against TEN the media wants him thrown into the fire flinging 50

yard bombs everywhere.  When he's terrible against DET they want him buried on the bench and

McCown to "ride to the rescue".  Make up your mind media, choose ONE side of the argument

1 minute ago, KRL said:

So when Hackenberg goes 18-25 against TEN the media wants him thrown into the fire flinging 50

yard bombs everywhere.  When he's terrible against DET they want him buried on the bench and

McCown to "ride to the rescue".  Make up your mind media, choose ONE side of the argument

That's not how it works. They rail against the grain, because our fans gobble it up... if our fans aren't irate, anxious and disgusted, then they aren't tuning in. It's ******* sad.

6 minutes ago, KRL said:

Who is going to be the starting Qb of the New York Jets day one of the season?

1 minute ago, #bman said:

just enjoy the ride. 2018 will hopefully land a legit franchise QB and 80 million in cap space to fix the offense line. Patience!

Man this is going to be even more disappointing to everyone when the Jets don't land a franchise QB, and the guy they do pick will suck balls when they don't get that 1st pick setting the Jets back 5 more years, way to many of us are pinning our hopes on a ******* unicorn it's sad.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Who is going to be the starting Qb of the New York Jets day one of the season?

I would say McCown unfortunately, Hackenberg looked overwhelmed against DET.  But I have no problem

with the staff giving him extra reps and another shot against NYG to see if he learned anything from his fiasco

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

Why should they when they can continue to get this type of response from Jet fans ?  What do you think would happen to say Lavar Ball if nobody acknowledge him and his craziness ?  I never knew who that guy was until people starting talking about him and I wish I never noticed . What Jet fans need to realize is that all this type of reporting is not about th players or the team, but about the reaction of the fan .

Fans go on talk radio, and podcast and make heroes of the host while making idiots of themselves . I happens on message boards also .

You do an awesome job covering the Jets because you tell us what you see and occasionally, you tell us what you think without stating it as factual . They're some other posters around here who just report what ever news is Jet related . The trick is to eat the meat and spit out the bone but the vast majority of this fan base can't identify what is meat and what is bone while others just try to make a name for themselves doing what the media does. 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Man this is going to be even more disappointing to everyone when the Jets don't land a franchise QB, and the guy they do pick will suck balls when they don't get that 1st pick setting the Jets back 5 more years, way to many of us are pinning our hopes on a ******* unicorn it's sad.

The plan is correct. Whether we execute and select our future franchise QB is a completely different story. In the end, we are making a calculated decision. The alternative was to bring in some high priced vets this year in the hopes of making another miracle run at 10-6 and a wild card. With the way the Pats are stacked, that wouldn't make any sense since even if we made the playoffs this year with mccown we would still be in search of a franchise QB. 

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

Fine. I am on the side that McCown gives them the best chance to win, but is a waste of time for the franchise.

Petty has a chance to be a long-term NFL backup.

And Hackenberg will be out of the NFL within 3 years... maybe sooner.

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The plan is correct. Whether we execute and select our future franchise QB is a completely different story. In the end, we are making a calculated decision. The alternative was to bring in some high priced vets this year in the hopes of making another miracle run at 10-6 and a wild card. With the way the Pats are stacked, that wouldn't make any sense since even if we made the playoffs this year with mccown we would still be in search of a franchise QB. 

No the alternate was to draft Pat Mahomes, next year it's Darnold, or bust he is the only unicorn in next years draft, and your gonna need number 1 overall to get him!

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If there are 4 franchise QBs in the first round next year, the NY Jets will also draft a QB.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No the alternate was to draft Pat Mahomes, next year it's Darnold, or bust he is the only unicorn in next years draft, and your gonna need number 1 overall to get him!

They could have drafted Mahomes. I have to admit he looks legit. But it's still very early. Either way, for every Mahomes (assuming he is good) there are more Bortles/Ponders/Manuels and even Tannehills etc.. There is a reason guys like them are taken in the 6-12 range and not the 1-2 range. Macc's thinking was that this team had too many holes to plug and unless he was convinced a QB was a lock to succeed, he would take a lock with the top pick. Of course, Adams could be a bust in which case this board may implode. 

Time will tell if the strategy works. That is why most people think it's dumb to evaluate a draft strategy this soon.  

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

They could have drafted Mahomes. I have to admit he looks legit. But it's still very early. Either way, for every Mahomes (assuming he is good) there are more Bortles/Ponders/Manuels and even Tannehills etc.. There is a reason guys like them are taken in the 6-12 range and not the 1-2 range. Macc's thinking was that this team had too many holes to plug and unless he was convinced a QB was a lock to succeed, he would take a lock with the top pick. Of course, Adams could be a bust in which case this board may implode. 

Time will tell if the strategy works. That is why most people think it's dumb to evaluate a draft strategy this soon.  

It isn't though, the best time to evaluate a draft is that day it happens because that is the exact same time the jets front office has to.  It is useless to evaluate the draft 4 years later.  Oh gholston was a terrible pick that is my evaluation 4 years after he was drafted.

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Macc's thinking was that this team had too many holes to plug

If you think plugging a hole at your safety position when you have ZERO on offense is the right call at 6 overall you gotta be replaced.  I liked the pick because of all the hype about the safe can't miss prospect that Adams supposedly is, BUT if you know your offense is this Barron of talent, and if your the GM you should know, you can't pass on a playmaker, or QB on offense just can't, McCaffery would have made more sense then Adams he would at least touch the ball 20+ times a game, and give the fans a couple of exciting moments for Christ sake!

Archived