8/22----------Camp Tweets

flgreen

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, KRL said:

So now people complain because the 38 year old "placeholder QB" isn't getting reps???

You can't make it up!!

Guys say they want young guys to get a shot, now claim it is some kind of strange mumbo jumbo that Bolwes is actually letting the young guys get reps that they have earned!!

Jets fans sometimes :Nuts:

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much everything he does is better than Mahomes.  Next year if Mahomes was in the draft he's a mid round pick. 

Darnold went to a bigger school and "may" be bigger.  I put "may" in quotes as I'm not so sure he is really 6-4; he seems shorter than that listing.  Darnold also has experience in a pro-style offense.  But in terms of individual talent, Mahomes has the stronger arm, better arm talent, more accurate if you look at ball placement, better footwork and is more athletic.  I think the both have the "it" factor.  In a vacuum Mahomes is the more impressive prospect.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid but when you move beyond his highlight reels and really start breaking down his game tapes there are some real concerns, a lot for scouts to pick apart.  He is no Manning or Luck.  He's not a lock IMO to be the 1st QB of the board if he comes out next year.  Frankly, I'm kind of surprised at how so many are all in on Darnold considering the history of USC QBs.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He's an air raid, gimmick QB.  His easy schedule doesn't change that Nothing he does is better than Darnold or the rest.

if came out a year from now he would never go on the first.  Your franchise QB, would fall into that 3-4 round QB that he is

In your mind Andy Reid must be the dumbest evaluator of QBs that ever lived to give up 2 # 1s and a 3rd for a 3rd-4th round QB.

46 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Darnold went to a bigger school and "may" be bigger.  I put "may" in quotes as I'm not so sure he is really 6-4; he seems shorter than that listing.  Darnold also has experience in a pro-style offense.  But in terms of individual talent, Mahomes has the stronger arm, better arm talent, more accurate if you look at ball placement, better footwork and is more athletic.  I think the both have the "it" factor.  In a vacuum Mahomes is the more impressive prospect.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid but when you move beyond his highlight reels and really start breaking down his game tapes there are some real concerns, a lot for scouts to pick apart.  He is no Manning or Luck.  He's not a lock IMO to be the 1st QB of the board if he comes out next year.  Frankly, I'm kind of surprised at how so many are all in on Darnold considering the history of USC QBs.

Mahomes' father was a professional baseball player.   he is a superior athlete.  he looks good so far.

the gm who drafted him was fired.

these qbs start out in hs whereever they live.  they pick a college quasi randomly.  most play in spread or air raid offenses.   they are athletes who needs varying degrees of development.  yet the peanut gallery seems to have positive or negative views on various qbs.  in large part, these qbs are a product of how they were developed.

actually, if i were a gm i would grade qbs by some type of athletic metric and IQ.  

look at trevor siemian.  hack is 10x the athlete he, or cousins, is.  but he is not processing the game fast enough.  i wonder if he can.  and that, is a complete scouting failure if he can't.

sorry-shift key broke. 

59 minutes ago, legler82 said:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseDarnold/usc-trojans-look-sam-darnold-first-national-title-13-years

He is nothing like Sanchez, Barkley, or Leinart.

1 hour ago, legler82 said:

And Browning Nagle had a better arm than all.  In no way is Mahomes rated over Darnold.  Not on your life.  

Find all the scouts who picked apart Darnolds game.  If I'm correct he was picked as the top college player of the upcoming year today.  Luck is exactly who he is being compared to.  

Nothing worse than saying his college program is a reason not to draft him.  We're not talking about a mediocre QB who played at USC, we're talking bout the best QB from USC in 20 years.

15 hours ago, legler82 said:

In your mind Andy Reid must be the dumbest evaluator of QBs that ever lived to give up 2 # 1s and a 3rd for a 3rd-4th round QB.

In your mind he's a QB genius?  Because he drafted at the top of a draft D McNabb.

How about all the loser QBs he's drafted since.  How many decent QBs has he drafted since?  Reminds me of all those who claim Macc was a fool for not drafting Lynch.  After all Elway liked him enough to move up and draft him, Elway knows more than Macc.  He sucks, if we picked him it would have been a mistake.  Athletic, big arm, gimmick offense, long learning curve.  Sound familiar?  

2 hours ago, legler82 said:

He might end up being that but he will not bring the same amount of physical tools to the table that Mahomes did.

physical tools just require being above a certain minimum, which Darnold is.  It's Darnold's natural ability to create plays that is so intriguing.

Maybe you're right.  I can only remember Sammy running wild with 10+ catches and Revis either giving him 10 yards of cushion or chasing the back of his jersey for 60 minutes.
But I also seem to remember being just about the only one around here that noticed how awful Pryor was in the early stages of 2015 when most were notching his ballot for the pro bowl because he forced a fumble and made a few tackles.  Who by the way is now buried on the depth chart in Cleveland.  He is about five seconds from being out of the NFL... like i predicted in 2015.

Louisville sluggish.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived