So when does Macagnan sign Kaepernick?

thadude

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, thadude said:

Because that's the only way he is going to be able to survive this abomination of a season.  If he signs Kaep and Woody fires him in January everyone will call Woody a racist

I'm with you 100% on removing McCagnan ASAP, but let's be serious, Kaep may be an athletic upgrade to what we have right now, but he may also be 1 less level of QB suck than what we have right now. Kaep gives this team the same 4-5 wins that they would get under McCown, as opposed to the 1-3 win ceiling going with Petty or Suck.

The Jets are not drafting Cook.  They are not drafting Mixon. They are not signing Kaepernick.  That is not where they are going.  Organizationally they do not want that.

They will sign ASJ.  They will sign/trade for Marshall.  

5 minutes ago, glenn31 said:

I'm with you 100% on removing McCagnan ASAP, but let's be serious, Kaep may be an athletic upgrade to what we have right now, but he may also be 1 less level of QB suck than what we have right now. Kaep gives this team the same 4-5 wins that they would get under McCown, as opposed to the 1-3 win ceiling going with Petty or Suck.

Kaep is not good.  I'm not sure he costs us the #1 pick especially with this team

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets are not drafting Cook.  They are not drafting Mixon. They are not signing Kaepernick.  That is not where they are going.  Organizationally they do not want that.

They will sign ASJ.  They will sign/trade for Marshall.  

Forget Cook.  Obviously he's better than Maye but what about Kizer?  

35 minutes ago, thadude said:

Forget Cook.  Obviously he's better than Maye but what about Kizer?  

Only Mac knows why he would choose to pass on Kizer in the second round (could have even traded down) with the three QBs he had on his roster.

I think picking Hack and Petty really jammed them up.  These guys are not familiar with the "sunk cost" concept.

The Jets have the worst QB positioning in the AFCE.  Kaepernick would have been an upgrade and maybe he still is. It is very late in the season for him. Macc should b fired as he entered this season with no realistic or potential quality QB. Hack has to play and he has no weapons. 

Just how do you groom a young QB without weapons? Didn't we just live that mess with Smith?

this guy is an abomination. He is clearly over his head. There are no training wheels for the GM's in the NFL. I cannot trust him to daft the next QB. No way. Bring in someone with experience.

He should have signed Kaepernick, bring in a few weapons through the draft and or FA in som sort of effort to put a competitive team on the field. Blame the OL, the QB, th running game, Bowles or anyone else. Macc is a loser and he has extended that to the highly imbalanced team that was on display Saturday evening.

8 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

No matter. He is still an upgrade over every QB on this roster. He did not commit a crime.

is he a difference maker? No, he was 1-11 as a starter last year and he'd have a similar record w/ us.  the difference is we;'d be talking about political nonsense instead of football if he was our QB.

he didn't commit a crime, he has a right to work but owners have a right to not hire him.  he's the only player that protested last year that is unemployed and it is b/c he went above and beyond w/ his anti police rhetoric and praised Fidel Castro.  

from a pure football perspective it would be a horrendous move.  he's not a difference maker, we are going to struggle no matter who is as at QB and we are trying to develop young QBs.  how does he help w/ any of this?

Wait I thought all of you were on board for the Season of Suck for Sam. Now you are panicking after 1 bad PS loss and want to sign a washed up QB who is not really that much better than what we already have? Remember, he would need WR, TE, and RB's to help him too.

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

is he a difference maker? No, he was 1-11 as a starter last year and he'd have a similar record w/ us.  the difference is we;'d be talking about political nonsense instead of football if he was our QB.

he didn't commit a crime, he has a right to work but owners have a right to not hire him.  he's the only player that protested last year that is unemployed and it is b/c he went above and beyond w/ his anti police rhetoric and praised Fidel Castro.  

from a pure football perspective it would be a horrendous move.  he's not a difference maker, we are going to struggle no matter who is as at QB and we are trying to develop young QBs.  how does he help w/ any of this?

I disagree. Having  SB and.3 NFCCG' player at QB means a lot more than what the abysmal Jets have now. Macc is inept. In 2 seasons Idzik was gone and he fielded better offenses than this. 

22 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I disagree. Having  SB and.3 NFCCG' player at QB means a lot more than what the abysmal Jets have now. Macc is inept. In 2 seasons Idzik was gone and he fielded better offenses than this. 

SB and 2 NFC championship games and all w/ Harbaugh.  since Harbaugh left he has been a different player and dpon't forget they were a blown call away from going to the SB in 2011 w/ Smith and SF was 6-2-1 w/ Smith starting before kaep came in so he wasn't walking into a bad team that he turned around.  

w/ harbaugh as HC SF was 25-14 w/ kaep as starter

w/o Harbaugh SF is 3-16 w/ kaep as starter

last I checked Jim Harbaugh isn't our HC.  kaep isn't worth the trouble to sign him or else someone would have signed him. if he had Aaron Rodgers talent he would have been signed in 5 seconds.

56 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

SB and 2 NFC championship games and all w/ Harbaugh.  since Harbaugh left he has been a different player and dpon't forget they were a blown call away from going to the SB in 2011 w/ Smith and SF was 6-2-1 w/ Smith starting before kaep came in so he wasn't walking into a bad team that he turned around.  

w/ harbaugh as HC SF was 25-14 w/ kaep as starter

w/o Harbaugh SF is 3-16 w/ kaep as starter

last I checked Jim Harbaugh isn't our HC.  kaep isn't worth the trouble to sign him or else someone would have signed him. if he had Aaron Rodgers talent he would have been signed in 5 seconds.

The issue here is that we are comparing CK to the lackluster, low quality QB's on the Jets. He is clearly more talented than any of the poorly, performing trio here.

As for the HC, I would demand that Macc be fired ASAP or I would quit. A losing season right now will cause Bowles record to be much worse than it is currently. The HC cannot make a difference when the fielded product has such a low quality offense. Lombardi could not win here with this cast of NFL imposter QB's

1 hour ago, nicg4360 said:

So then what your saying is he will fare much better with the offence we have now. ?

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Funny how you missed the part where I said it was too late to sign Kaepernick now. Go back a few posts and educate yourself. It is better than cherry picking a point out of context.

Funny how you missed the part where I said it was too late to sign Kaepernick now. Go back a few posts and educate yourself. It is better than cherry picking a point out of context.

You missed the part where this is total and complete sarcasm. But whatever...anyways we would be no further ahead with him and would we really want to be is the real question.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived