Andrew Luck

Lupz27

Say this guy isn't healthy, and ends up missing the year I don't see the Colts winning any games, they are worse then the Jets everywhere except for having a QB, and Hilton, take away the QB, and they have nothing!

Now is Irsay crazy enough to trade away Luck if say Darnold, or insert QB prospect is graded out as a can't miss like Luck was?  I mean he would save like 100 million, while getting a younger stud QB, and I'm sure a boat load of assets for Luck.

Would be crazy scenario involving a crazy owner.

48 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Say this guy isn't healthy, and ends up missing the year I don't see the Colts winning any games, they are worse then the Jets everywhere except for having a QB, and Hilton, take away the QB, and they have nothing!

Now is Irsay crazy enough to trade away Luck if say Darnold, or insert QB prospect is graded out as a can't miss like Luck was?  I mean he would save like 100 million, while getting a younger stud QB, and I'm sure a boat load of assets for Luck.

Would be crazy scenario involving a crazy owner.

In today's NFL, it is about the talent and what it costs.

Luck is a huge talent, but he costs a huge amount.

I would be interested to see what a team would give up for him given the contract they would have to absorb, and the injuries.

In most cases one would say no, if you have a star or near star Qb you stick with him no matter what.  but we have some bizarre owners in this league and a few teams that i think maybe having the philosophy that unless your QB is brady do not pay him the ungodly cap killing contract.

While I don't know the specifics of Luck's contract, I would assume that they couldn't absorb his entire signing bonus that would be required to trade him.

what they would probably do is trade the #1 pick for three #1s, 3 #2s, and ask for Leo.  That's how stupid this league is getting over the QB position.  The Rams gave up the equivalent of 3 #1 picks and Darnold, if he repeats last year will be graded much higher.

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

While I don't know the specifics of Luck's contract, I would assume that they couldn't absorb his entire signing bonus that would be required to trade him.

what they would probably do is trade the #1 pick for three #1s, 3 #2s, and ask for Leo.  That's how stupid this league is getting over the QB position.  The Rams gave up the equivalent of 3 #1 picks and Darnold, if he repeats last year will be graded much higher.

I still don't understand how Goff was rated so high, he played in the exact same offense as Mahomes, a conference that wasn't big 5, and a worse physical prospect, all he had was mechanics, that's not to say he won't be good, just saying I didn't get the 1st overall hype with him.

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I still don't understand how Goff was rated so high, he played in the exact same offense as Mahomes, a conference that wasn't big 5, and a worse physical prospect, all he had was mechanics, that's not to say he won't be good, just saying I didn't get the 1st overall hype with him.

How is CAL/Pac-12 not a power 5 school/conference? 

And I agree with you on his skills. He can make some beautiful throws, but having a guy that can throw from multiple platforms when stuff breaks down is important. He seems like he needs everything to be perfect which can work, but you need more in place.

1 minute ago, Toua77 said:

How is CAL/Pac-12 not a power 5 school/conference? 

And I agree with you on his skills. He can make some beautiful throws, but having a guy that can throw from multiple platforms when stuff breaks down is important. He seems like he needs everything to be perfect which can work, but you need more in place.

Forgot Cal was in the PAC 12, thought for a moment they were Mountain West, brain fart.

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It just speaks volumes to the desperation in the league to fill the position.  Macc scouted Goff for two years but I also read that Mike Martz said he threw a great ball but was going to be ruined by the Rams coaching staff.  So no telling what he could have been if he had legitimate offensive coaching.  Of course, that could explain why the Jets keep drafting QBs and still have the worst QB situation in the league.

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

It just speaks volumes to the desperation in the league to fill the position.  Macc scouted Goff for two years but I also read that Mike Martz said he threw a great ball but was going to be ruined by the Rams coaching staff.  So no telling what he could have been if he had legitimate offensive coaching.  Of course, that could explain why the Jets keep drafting QBs and still have the worst QB situation in the league.

If you like Goff how could you not like Mahomes more, I don't understand?

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

See this Darnold thing is not easy as the tank you think it is.......we may not be the only team coveting Darnold. 

All it takes is an early season injury to a QB, and a team not considered to be in the running for top pick enters the sweepstakes's just like that!

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

6 years 140M 47 guaranteed. he re-signed in 2016 so he's got 5 seasons left. totally agree on how stupid the cost of the qb position is. teams can't afford to field more than a few high priced contracts but the qb is the face of the team and is the guy who will put fannies in the seats.

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Why does everyone want broken players, and a broken player in this case who got broken because of a terrible OL??????

that's where the real concern of the jets should be.  if they don't get the oline straightened out then it doesn't matter who the qb is.  a better qb will make the oline look better.

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

if they trade or cut Luck after 2017, the Colts would have an immediate $22,000,000 cap hit.  LOL

if they traded him tomorrow, the immediate cap hit would be  $41,600,000.  Double LOL.

There is no reason for this thread to exist.  

45 minutes ago, pointman said:

No chance Luck ends up on the market. If he does, give up everything to get him. 

There is actually a chance.  The Colts' management is horrendous.  I actually can see Luck demanding a trade by next Spring.

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

6 years 140M 47 guaranteed. he re-signed in 2016 so he's got 5 seasons left. totally agree on how stupid the cost of the qb position is. teams can't afford to field more than a few high priced contracts but the qb is the face of the team and is the guy who will put fannies in the seats.

The thing is that if you have a good QB the cost of fielding a competitive roster outside of said qb is relatively cheap if your GM knows what he is doing.  If you draft well and make shrewd FA moves you can afford a $25 million QB

9 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

if you like mahomes you must love rudolph.  

Honestly I haven't done much viewing of Rudolph, BUT Mahomes is my dude, and besides Darnold, and Prescott I haven't seen another QB exude "IT" like he does, but also with the most impressive raw arm talent I've ever seen, so I doubt Rudolph will be in my love category, but I will give him a look later in the season.

12 hours ago, thadude said:

The thing is that if you have a good QB the cost of fielding a competitive roster outside of said qb is relatively cheap if your GM knows what he is doing.  If you draft well and make shrewd FA moves you can afford a $25 million QB

yes and now we come full circle because you still need a team that is capable of growing and playing sound football.  i'm no bowles apologist but we did not see a very well coached team against detroit.  i can almost give hack a grade above d because of how handicapped he was because of the way the rest of the team played.  defense too.  ths team has little margin of error and that applies from the coaches on down.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:23 AM, rangerous said:

yes and now we come full circle because you still need a team that is capable of growing and playing sound football.  i'm no bowles apologist but we did not see a very well coached team against detroit.  i can almost give hack a grade above d because of how handicapped he was because of the way the rest of the team played.  defense too.  ths team has little margin of error and that applies from the coaches on down.

The coaching is terrible.  Todd Bowles is a joke.

The more likely scenario if Luck physically could not play this season is the Colts would have the #1 pick and would ask the farm for it in a trade.  I wouldn't do that trade if we had the #2 or #3 pick because I think Josh Allen can be as good or maybe even better

On 8/22/2017 at 11:53 PM, Lupz27 said:

Honestly I haven't done much viewing of Rudolph, BUT Mahomes is my dude, and besides Darnold, and Prescott I haven't seen another QB exude "IT" like he does, but also with the most impressive raw arm talent I've ever seen, so I doubt Rudolph will be in my love category, but I will give him a look later in the season.

Rudolph is legit.  I can definitely see a scenario with him being the 3rd QB off the board.

On 8/22/2017 at 7:39 PM, joewilly12 said:

See this Darnold thing is not easy as the tank you think it is.......we may not be the only team coveting Darnold. 

Alot of draft experts don't even have Darnold as there first QB most have him 2nd behind Allen .  That being said I Will gladly take Allen or Rosen if Darnold is off the board . 

Archived