Abusing the reputation system

Maxman

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

I agree.  I miss the simple up and down.  @Maxman can this be put up for a poll or is your decision final?

There was a poll but I can't find it. It had reputation in the title.

I have to bump it up, we can give people a few more days to vote and then we can go with whatever the majority decides. I am fine with that.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Maxman said:

So I don't want to call out names, but the reputation system has logs. We can see who leaves reputations. 95% of it is good, the system is working as designed. When you see a post you want to express an opinion on, you can click the appropriate rep emoji.

That said, there are a few people here abusing the reputation system. If you find yourself leaving neg rep for everything someone posts, please consider using ignore. There is no reason to neg rep someone 10 or 20 times in a row, all of their posts.

This is not what the system was designed for.

The purpose of this post was just to let everyone know we can see what is happening. We ask that you don't abuse the system. Otherwise we will have to restrict it from those that abuse it.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Just so you guys understand

Everyone suffers when the emoji system is used to

Terrorize a poster who will remain nameless.

No one here should be peppered with the buttfumble emoji 

Unless maybe that someone is, like, super unhinged.

Thanks.

start at zero or I will neg rep bomb you all to hell !!!!

Buttfumbles are earned not given. Some guys just buttfumble their way through life. We finally have a way to point this out. Lets keep 'em. For those who don't like them don't use them. If you get a buttfumble don't get your panties in a bunch. Its just a message board. Sheesh some guys take themselves way to seriously around here.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I have a teddy bear loving stalker abusing the system right now.  

It isn't abuse to neg rep garbage content intended to incite conflict, which is what I did. Would it have been more productive to argue with you, make you look stupid, then watch you curl into the fetal position and play victim? 

Doubtful. So, you get the butt fumble. You fit the archetype that I described above.

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It isn't abuse to neg rep garbage content intended to incite conflict, which is what I did. Would it have been more productive to argue with you, make you look stupid, then watch you curl into the fetal position and play victim? 

Doubtful. So, you get the butt fumble. You fit the archetype that I described above.

the only person you make look stupid is the man(I think) in the mirror.  Please stop stalking me.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well, this is going well lol.

It should be an unwritten rule ... any time there's a thread about enforcing rules / growing up / playing nice, it should get locked and stickied straight after it gets posted. ;)

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Ahhhh playful banter with the anal retentive. It's one of the reasons why the buttfumble was created. I think its like a Hallmark card. When you care enough to send the very best.

I think the idea of the whole system ratings is to highlight popular posts within a long thread, which gets a little banner so when you are scrolling down it stands out.  In theory, it rewards the people that make the best posts in a thread.  It's similar to say how the most upvoted comments on reddit is at the top, but without sacrificing chronological sanctity.   

I don't mind the up vote and butt fumble or what not system because in the grand scheme of things, it's intent is to raise high quality posts.  The downside of "emoji shaming" is the nuclear waste to the cheap electricity provided by the up votes.  Can there be meltdowns?  Sure.  It's a necessary side effect, one that doesn't hurt that much. 

I don't know if it's possible, but if it's an issue, is it possible to manually turn off up/down vote system per account?  This was anyone who feels victimized by this can still have control, while not having a system wide issues.  So manual shut down would mean you as a poster can't up or down vote, neither can you receive up or down votes.  Is that possible?

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Honestly, the people who cry about getting neg rep are likely the same that go on other sites to complain about snowflakes, the pussificatuon of 'merica, and still call them freedom fries.

There needs to be a Joe Namath emoji, for this post.

12 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

@nyjunc you aren't half the fan ape is. You calling him out is like Bellichick declaring himself the most honest coach. 

And the "Era of The Ape" is one follower closer to coming into existence.

"And They shall unleash thy Poo, and block out the Sun."

Come on....Is this for real?  Was there actually some pussy here crying about getting negative rep.....from anonymous posters on the internet no less?  LOL.  Oh no mommy, some people didn't like my point of view and they gave me a frownie face.  My God people are such little cowards today.  I mean we can't even talk about how NFL players protesting the national anthem affects the NFL because it might get politicized and some people just can't handle it if someone else somewhere has an opposing political viewpoint. 

r0fXL4q.gif

4 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Come on....Is this for real?  Was there actually some pussy here crying about getting negative rep.....from anonymous posters on the internet no less?  LOL.  Oh no mommy, some people didn't like my point of view and they gave me a frownie face.  My God people are such little cowards today.  I mean we can't even talk about how NFL players protesting the national anthem affects the NFL because it might get politicized and some people just can't handle it if someone else somewhere has an opposing political viewpoint. 

r0fXL4q.gif

I need the context for this gif, holy sh*t!

31 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

r0fXL4q.gif

And as we all know, the only thing better than the initial incessant whining, is for someone else to then incessantly whine about others' incessant whining.  Job well done.

Archived