What realistic scenario does not get Bowles fired at seasons end?

nico002

I think the only way he gets fired is if they go 0-16/1-15 and don't compete at all.  We don't have much on O but we have pieces on D that should keep us in games, if this team fights, some of the young guys show progress he will be back almost regardless of the record.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Stop. Nobody is getting fired at seasons end. Not happening period. Impossible. Both fired by week 10. 

This, and even sooner. I would be utterly ecstatic if both were gone by week 2 TBH. Yes we want continuity, but continuity of what we witnessed last season? No thank you. Some of the posters on this site, for whatever twisted reason, glorify Todd Bowles as though he actually was a good NFL head coach. LOL BIG TIME to that! Conveniently forgetting what went on here last season, all in the name of continuity. I keep saying this over and over and over, remember Indy behind 50-0 at the end of the first half? How about Arizona on NTV? Pittsburgh? Miami twice? KC's 7000 ints? Playing Fitz? On and on. Total and utter coaching incompetence. The team quit on him and in turn, he quit on the team. He did a HORRIBLE JOB as HC. He coaches like Rich Kotite but thinks he is Bill B giving one word answers to the fans and media after each embarrassment of a game. Name me one thing this HC is good at, one thing he excels at regarding his job - good luck finding that. I have zero confidence in this guy to be able to even tell if either QB we have has any remote chance to succeed as long as he remains here. If he starts McCown, rather when he starts McCown we all will know that he has totally lost touch with NFL reality.

If he proves me wrong, I will forever shut my trap, but I am positive that I am 100% correct. I would venture to guess even the young guys will check out and totally tune him out at 0-5, or 0-6 if not sooner, same as he tunes out the media and us fans after every embarrassing loss. 

I am really sorry to repeat things from last year, but I can never forgive or forget the garbage I was forced to consume last season.

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Ehhhhh. I don't know. That was also his first year. 

To me, the defense has to be at least top 10 with improvements across the board. I don't wanna see miscommunications all over the place, balls being thrown over their heads constantly, etc etc. He's got his pieces, now make something of it. Zero excuses. 

I'd think getting rid of dead weight vets that didn't put in a solid effort will help.  Their starting D has looked real so far this preseason.  If they can keep it up, ifs it's an indication of what we have the d will be top 10

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Bowles will not get fired at all after this year, anyone who think she will be better be prepared for major disappointment. He has every excuse in the world line up in his favor and this team is a rudder less ship.  The GM is not the coaches boss and cannot fire the coach.  The guy in control is a newbie who will listen to outside forces that will all bleat like sheep that bowels is a good coach and just has a bad roster.

Woody has probably told his little brother than the team is in rebuild mode and they have to stay the course with the coaches and GMs.

Not only will he be here next year, probably the year after as well.

If this were definitely the case, then why would starting McCown at all this year even be a thought? 

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'd think getting rid of dead weight vets that didn't put in a solid effort will help.  Their starting D has looked real so far this preseason.  If they can keep it up, ifs it's an indication of what we have the d will be top 10

I think it is hard for the D to be good if the O is really, really bad.

The Jets will face many top WRs.  CB could be an issue.

25 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think it is hard for the D to be good if the O is really, really bad.

The Jets will face many top WRs.  CB could be an issue.

True but the eye test will tell you if your D isn't good on its own or being dragged down by a lack of offense, too much time on the field or lost of bad field position.

Again, I thin there is an understanding that we're in rebuild mode and playing for the future.  Think that's why Woody as labeled Bowles safe for this season

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No, the offense sucks because of the active decision by Bowles and Mac to essentially ignore the offensive side of the ball/

that's really odd as we have always been an organization that does whatever it takes to get weapons on the offensive side of the ball while we ignore the defense.

Neither will get fired. Like them or hate them. Both GM and HC were new positions for Mac and Bowles and they are making their mistakes as most do. Parcells was 3-12 his first year and 9-7 the second year. Bellicheat was 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9. Then 11-5, 5-11 and 5-11. The Jets are building and there needs to be consistency  in the coaching staff. You can't turn the Coaches over every 3 years and expect playoff or SB results from a team. Most of the teams that make the playoffs year in and year out have stability in their coaching personnel. 

9 hours ago, slats said:

I don't think his future is tied to the team's record as much as if the team is playing hard at the end of the year and showing signs of improvement. If he loses this young locker room, however, I think he's a goner. 

i think the same.  all i can say right now is if the last detroit game is any indication then he's probably out the door.  not because hack played poorly or the offense played poorly but because mcclendon said that playing in front of a hostile crowd was part of the problem.  what???  is that for real???  the guy better stay out of foxboro.

2 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Neither will get fired. Like them or hate them. Both GM and HC were new positions for Mac and Bowles and they are making their mistakes as most do. Parcells was 3-12 his first year and 9-7 the second year. Bellicheat was 6-10, 7-9 and 7-9. Then 11-5, 5-11 and 5-11. The Jets are building and there needs to be consistency  in the coaching staff. You can't turn the Coaches over every 3 years and expect playoff or SB results from a team. Most of the teams that make the playoffs year in and year out have stability in their coaching personnel. 

the problem with the jets is pairing a first time gm with a first time coach.  it didn't work with herm and bradway or mangini and tanny or rex and idzik and it doesn't look like it's working now.

Any kind of stock foruaml when looking at making ahcange should be out the window as far as 'you have to give' so and so so much time.  Evaluate the person on what they do under the circumstances.

If Bowles is not much much much better than last year he should be gone no matter what.  He put up one of the worst overall coaching performances i have seen last year.

Lets see year 1 weakest schedule in the NFL fails to make the playoffs. 

Year 2 loses the team on and off the field finishes with a terrible record. 

Year 3 fails to compete in many games doesn't have the team mentally and physically prepared, continues the bone head mistakes and time outs. 

Does not get him fired................Either Mike Maccagnan or Chris/Woody Johnson are too dumb or just really don't care about winning in the NFL. 

7 hours ago, C Mart said:

People seem to continually ignore what Woody has said regarding 2017/18. Carry on

"Really the way I want to be judged this year hopefully from the fans' standpoint is watch how we improve during the year and look at how each individual on the team and see how they're getting better," he said. "If they're getting better, that's a mark of progress. That's what we're looking for."

Looking back at years past, Johnson acknowledged attempting to find the quick fix via trades and/or through pro free agency.

"I think what we have done over the years is traded picks away and we've had too big of an emphasis on free agency and not enough emphasis on developing our own," he said. "Your own guy you train from day one and that's going to be a guy that understands what you're trying to accomplish. I think you're better off with a homegrown guy."

Last weekend, GM Mike Maccagnan made five trades in all while stockpiling picks in the process. After starting with seven selections, Maccagnan drafted nine players and added the Cowboys' 2018 fifth-rounder.

"Well he was just following his board and we got a number of players that were still high on our board even after trading down and getting more picks," Johnson said. "This was all about numbers this year and maybe next year, too. We need numbers. We have a lot of areas we have to improve in."

Saying he thought the Draft went well, Johnson added the Jets selected a "couple of great safeties" in Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye. The DB duo along with the team's other seven selections are expected to be in Florham Park Thursday when players report for rookie minicamp.

"This is not for every team," Johnson said of the new direction. "But for us, it's getting our own guys, teaching them our culture and getting them going with the way we want to approach football in New York. This is a different type of deal, so it's tough. So you have to get the right guy."

http://m.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Woody-Johnson-Jets-Set-a-New-Course/cf4cf2ee-8480-4504-b2ab-7bf2b8caaaae

Because what he says doesn't mean anything. Ask Mangini. if the media sheetstrom engulfs this franchise again he will fire everyone. Or give them promotions. 

Honestly, I think the defense will dictate whether TB stays or goes.  The crap fest that will be our offense is 100% on Macc.

And how do you fire Bowles without dumping the GM that gave him McCown, Petty, and Hack to work with?

Why would we trust Macc's judgement with the coaching hire and the #1 pick?  What are we going to do, hire Korn Ferry again?

21 hours ago, rangerous said:

the problem with the jets is pairing a first time gm with a first time coach.  it didn't work with herm and bradway or mangini and tanny or rex and idzik and it doesn't look like it's working now.

My Hope is they get on the same page if they are not already and begin to gel with good player positional decisions. I think they will both be there next year. Unless the team quits on Bowles. That's doubtful IMO because the young players are used to playing for pride not money and they want to establish themselves in the NFL to increase their worth and eventually get a boocoo contract.

If neither of the QB's progress, and his defensive unit doesn't look good you have to fire him.  If one of the 2 above happen he has a shot to stick around regardless of record, and obviously if both happen he will be safe.  Just my Opinion.

Agree. I'm assuming by QB progress either Petty or Hack are playing at least 6 games. If they aren't it would be an atrocity!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

On 8/25/2017 at 1:54 AM, johnnysd said:

No, the offense sucks because of the active decision by Bowles and Mac to essentially ignore the offensive side of the ball/

Bowles is bizarro Clark Kent. Send him into a phone booth and he becomes Rex.

Archived