Bowles Handling of Jets QB’s; Brilliant or Baffling?

JetNation

5 hours ago, MaxAF said:

I'm not sure I agree with that being 100% true all the time. Although you have some merit in that theory. When I think about some QB'S like Kap and RGIII to name a couple, they looked like great QB'S at first. Where are they now? 

Great QBs stay great after the league gets some tape in them. 

Anyway there's always exceptions to the rule. It's football. Nothing is 100% except the Pats being cheaters.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other rookie QB's  look decent and better than Hackenberg, if you draft a QB in the 2nd round and he's not ready to play then you obviously drafted the wrong guy..
With the 6th pick in the 2017 NFL draft this team could have upgraded the QB position, they chose not to and here we are today. 

All the QBs this year are JAGs

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Brutal ? The entire offense stunk vs the Lions ...but everyone seems to know its all about the QB so Hack sucks ..... New offense just like a new defense takes at least half a season of play to nail down. You don't just read a play book and know an offense. I didnt see terrible in the Detroit game I saw a team that had no idea how to deal with what Detroit was showing them early in that game. This happens all the time in the NFL in a real game situation we could have very well come out of that funk and did well after halftime. 
Perfect example of learning a new offense. Peyton Manning throws 54 TD's Kubiak Marches in and tells Peyton you will now be running my offensive system ...So now Peyton is out of his comfort zone and is no longer the QB and the OC .... Peyton promptly sh*ts the bed after having one of the greatest seasons in NFL history. Think he fell off a cliff ? I don't ....I think he just had major Issues coming out of his comfort zone after 17 years of running it his way. It pushed him into retirement and the ONLY way that Broncos team won that SB was due to a fantastic Defense.
So if a player like Peyton Manning can struggle with something new what makes you think its going to be any different with a young QB like Hackenberg ? Who under the circumstances did all he could with what was happening.

based on the past two years ... i wouldn't call bowles a master of halftime game plan adjustments.

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

based on the past two years ... i wouldn't call bowles a master of halftime game plan adjustments.

no doubt but in general teams have first half issues all the time even the great teams ...BUT they do adjust something we never seem to do ...with that being said if our coaches cant adjust during half time ya cant really blame the players.

I think a lot of our problems over the years have been more coaching related than player related and that includes QB's because we have ruined our fair share of QB's

I think it's pretty brilliant if the plan was to start McCown all along and not play him to keep him uninjured. Plus obviously they wanted to see what Hack can do. And he was pretty bad until that last drive. Btw if Petty was injured was it at all reminiscent of Mark Sanchez getting injured in the 2nd half of an exhibition game and out for the year. Hopefully Petty ok but he is injury prone. And the Jets are going to need him in 2017. He just might be ready. I don't see McCown surviving 16 games and Hack isn't ready. 

On August 25, 2017 at 5:19 AM, T0mShane said:

I will give Bowles this much: he had nothing to do with drafting Hackenberg or Petty, so in that way he's been hamstrung. Falling in love with Fitz was dumb, but given how brutal Hackenberg has shown himself to be, you can't entirely kill Bowles for it in retrospect. 

How can you say that?

Bowles traveled to State College with Macc, Gailey, Patullo, and two scouts to conduct the secret workout at Penn State's facility. He had everything to do with it.  

4 minutes ago, jetrider said:

How can you say that?

Bowles traveled to State College with Macc, Gailey, Patullo, and two scouts to conduct the secret workout at Penn State's facility. He had everything to do with it.  

Irrelevant

Macagnan is the GM.  He is the decision maker.  You literally could have had a way better player in round 2 PLUS Dak Prescott later on

WORST GM EVER

Archived