Leonard Williams My goal this year is a sack in every game

joewilly12

32 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I'm hoping it's his wrist injury? - But he's looking like Mo Lite at the moment.

Reposting this play/breakdown I made yesterday/early this AM, because I think it offers some insight to Leo's situation and struggles right now:

ezgif-2-db5c6a1391.gif

There's no sugar coating it, Leo got leveled on this play.  Now, he's been dealing with a wrist injury from the pre-season that I believe is killing his ability to push/explode and that's a big reason why he can't disengage.  However, it doesn't help that the only other interior D-Lineman (#96) is playing softer than a roll of Charmin toilet paper.  The Raiders have a fantastic offensive line.  One of the best in the game.  If they know that they can go 1-1 with Mo with little to no consequences, they can just throw a double team on Leo.  Every. Single. Time.  That's almost exactly what they did and that is not what you want if you're the Jets.  Especially if Leo is  already hurt and not 100%.  Leo's resume (so far) speaks for itself.  I think he's gonna be fine in the long run.  Against a worse O-Line in week 1 (BUF), he disrupted a good amount of plays and almost notched half a sack with Josh Martin (?).  That said, it's gonna be hard for him to rack up the sacks this year if Mo keeps playing like a log of sh*t.  Offenses will continue to do this until Wilkerson (or someone else) steps up.  

Muhammad Wilkerson is a f*cking DOG.  He should be absolutely embarrassed with himself.  Too bad that would actually require him giving a sh*t.

I think the Mo hate is getting out of hand.  Williams got doubled because he was play side.  It was a run to the D's right, away from Wilkerson.  Williams was doubled and pushed well upfield.  OTOH, that left Jenkins a free run at the ball carrier.  He whiffed.  Or more correctly, got shucked.  Luckily Burris grabbed a shoelace to slow him down enough for Adams to make the play.  We can beat Wilkerson up for not hustling after the play, but plenty of non-dog 315 lbers do the same.  That is for them to sort and beat on when they watch the film.  

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think the Mo hate is getting out of hand.  Williams got doubled because he was play side.  It was a run to the D's right, away from Wilkerson.  Williams was doubled and pushed well upfield.  OTOH, that left Jenkins a free run at the ball carrier.  He whiffed.  Or more correctly, got shucked.  Luckily Burris grabbed a shoelace to slow him down enough for Adams to make the play.  We can beat Wilkerson up for not hustling after the play, but plenty of non-dog 315 lbers do the same.  That is for them to sort and beat on when they watch the film.  

It's not out of hand, the guy sucks big hairy Donkey Balls.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When Leo is up for a contract, we can offer him a fair deal.  If he doesnt like it, he can walk.

No big money unless the guy is an elite game changing player.  Leo is not that.

He's a run stuffer who can't run stuff.

They Dlines fallen to bits since Snacks left. Looks like he was the real reason it was good.

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He's a run stuffer who can't run stuff.

They Dlines fallen to bits since Snacks left. Looks like he was the real reason it was good.

Right there is enough to sh*tcan Dumb and McDumber, if they couldn't see his talent and what he meant to the Dline, then they don't need to be running the Jets.

Right there is enough to sh*tcan Dumb and McDumber, if they couldn't see his talent and what he meant to the Dline, then they don't need to be running the Jets.

It's not like they didnt know snacks was good we just couldn't keep everyone and fill gaping holes in hindsight they whiffed on this but in reality what good is stopping the run if teams are just going to throw the ball and beat you because you have no secondary? Yea it sucks they let a good player walk and I agree that it wasn't a great move but I can at least understand the logic behind it even if it didn't pan out in our favor.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived