JETS --GIANTS Official Pre-Season Game Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

This too, wtf why does it take till 2nd half for Powell to get some action.  What the hell is this team doing

Forte hasn't practiced basically all year and probably won't play next week.  It's a preseason game that means nothing, they are just trying to get Forte the work he needs to get ready.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not saying he's good but he's made a few plays tonight.  A couple nice throws that weren't his first reads.  I just think it's funny this particular performance is turning off even the staunchest supporters and it's not that bad other then one throw.  

The Oline was awful, but he wasn't any good either. With that said, people will go crazy for Petty and ignore the fact that he is facing 3rd stringers that will be cut next week.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Forte hasn't practiced basically all year and probably won't play next week.  It's a preseason game that means nothing, they are just trying to get Forte the work he needs to get ready.

Thats part of the problem anyway, Powell should be the #1 RB on this team.  Forte can be worked back in as it goes starting with 3rd down work.

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You're missing the subtle horror of this scouting assessment. This is what he looks like after 2 offseasons of grooming and retraining, with the team bringing in 2 "mentor" QBs to boot.

In other words, as bad as he is, he was even worse when we drafted him.

Actually that points to terrible coaching, more than anything.  He was bad when he was drafted, he is bad now.  That's a coaching thing, as far as the zero improvemebt(on Mac for picking him though)

Its hard to point to any players that have improved under Bowles.  

They might be turds when they were drafted, maybe some weren't, but barely any are improving.  

3 minutes ago, BigO said:

Snoopy has left the building. If I were you I'd sneak out through my the back door. This is like watching a really really really bad movie. ?

I'll be leaving shortly. The next train out is 9:30. If I drove, I'd be out now. Waste of time!

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Actually that points to terrible coaching, more than anything.  He was bad when he was drafted, he is bad now.  That's a coaching thing, as far as the zero improvemebt(on Mac for picking him though)

Its hard to point to any players that have improved under Bowles.  

They might be turds when they were drafted, maybe some weren't, but barely any are improving.  

Or it points to him being a bad prospect. 

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Oline was awful, but he wasn't any good either. With that said, people will go crazy for Petty and ignore the fact that he is facing 3rd stringers that will be cut next week.

Petty at least looks functional out there. 

Archived