JETS --GIANTS Official Pre-Season Game Thread

joewilly12

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

He should have had a shot with the 1s tonight so that discussion could have some actual tangible evidence to work off of.  I'm ******* livid at Bowles tonight

McCown and petty will both start games this year

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Barkus said:

Petty at least looks functional out there. 

He does, but how much of that is Petty being better than Hack and how much of that involves the players on the field in the second half of pre-season games. I am not anti-petty, but we have seen plenty of Jets QBs look good in the second half of pre-season games. Personally, I would have liked to see Petty get some playing time in the first half to see how he faced against the Giant starters. 

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Of course he was.  But even bad players can become less bad with a good coach.  There are no players improving under Bowles.

You mean like Bryce Petty? Petty has clearly improved each year. He's not making anyone forget Aaron Rodgers, but he's at least usable. 

I'm not going to get suckered into defending the QB building skills of Todd Bowles, but your stance presumes these players aren't playing to their capabilities now that they're not facing college defenders every dropback. 

1 minute ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I wouldn't mind Petty starting the season.  At least he has some real game time experience.  Make Hackenberg 3rd string and he gets a chance next year to show he belongs against Darnold, Petty, and a vet. 

This should have been the plan coming into this year.

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

This should have been the plan coming into this year.

It's training camp and they gave Hackenberg every opportunity to win the job including playing against starters.  From this point forward however I'm thinking McCown starts and is replaced by Petty after about 4 games.  Hackenberg goes to the back burner. 

6 minutes ago, BigO said:

With all due respect, Bad night for you. Good night for those of us who want this organization to clean house. 

I want the Jets to win. Petty is looking good. Looks like the starter. Let's go Jets.

5 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

It's training camp and they gave Hackenberg every opportunity to win the job including playing against starters.  From this point forward however I'm thinking McCown starts and is replaced by Petty after about 4 games.  Hackenberg goes to the back burner. 

If they start McCown after putting him on ice that would be crazy.

Petty just earned the job.

Someone explain to me the actual punishment assessed when a penality like this is assessed on the kickoff rather than on the next possession. So they kick off from midfield; big deal. That's not really getting penalized.

The other team should take over from the 10 on the ensuing drive, and if committed inside 1 or 2 minutes left in the half while trailing (or if the TD/FG causes such a lead change), they should also lose a timeout (or runoff :10 of clock if they don't have any TOs left). Or something else entirely, but at least something whereby the offending team actually gets penalized for comitting a penalty. 

Archived