JETS --GIANTS Official Pre-Season Game Thread

joewilly12

What u SOJFs don't understand about FOITBALL is that Hackenberg has had to play every snap against the steel curtain and he's essentially a ROOKIE while Bruce Petty has had the good fortune to only play against the NAIA WEST TEXAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE STAMPEDERS

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

Glad to see Petty step up and grab the starters job. Don't care which young gun starts, just keep improving. 

I still highly doubt Petty will win the starting job for week 1.  I still think it's McCown.

This is why I didn't want McCown.  I wanted Petty or Hack this year and then if they suck we get a good QB prospect.  Getting McCown only stopped Petty from getting any significant first team reps in the camps and the earlier portion of the preseason.

Petty can play in the NFL, be a star??? I don't know about, but he can play.  

And as Tom Shane implied Petty could be a Kitna level player..

Petty has a strong arm and was a very successful QB in college, why isn't his upside as as good as Hack's?  He came from an offense with no reads so he has had to learn everything about a pro offense from the ground level.  I say give him a chance, he's only 26 years old.  Hack can't run an offense at this point and McCown is 38 years old.  We need to see what our young players can do!

Just now, T0mShane said:

What u SOJFs don't understand about FOITBALL is that Hackenberg has had to play every snap against the steel curtain and he's essentially a ROOKIE while Bruce Petty has had the good fortune to only play against the NAIA WEST TEXAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE STAMPEDERS

Now you're seeing the light. It's totally irrelevant that those throws were perfect strikes. 

11 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Hell of a play, don't care if its against scrubs, at least the O looks like it has some life and energy.  Everyone playing right now has earned additional playing time

Was watching with my brother. I told him before the second half started, "the OL will magically remember how to block and the receivers will magically remember how to run routes as soon as C-Blaize hits the bench."

He responded, "who's C-Blaize"?

42 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You're missing the subtle horror of this scouting assessment. This is what he looks like after 2 offseasons of grooming and retraining, with the team bringing in 2 "mentor" QBs to boot.

In other words, as bad as he is, he was even worse when we drafted him.

SMH that's some scary sh*t right there. 

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Someone explain to me the actual punishment assessed when a penality like this is assessed on the kickoff rather than on the next possession. So they kick off from midfield; big deal. That's not really getting penalized.

The other team should take over from the 10 on the ensuing drive, and if committed inside 1 or 2 minutes left in the half while trailing (or if the TD/FG causes such a lead change), they should also lose a timeout (or runoff :10 of clock if they don't have any TOs left). Or something else entirely, but at least something whereby the offending team actually gets penalized for comitting a penalty. 

Agreed. No biggie for penalized team to just take a knee.

59 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

He played the whole 1Q, where our offense gave up the entire 19 pts (i'm counting the 3pt FG due to the safety and field position). He threw a pick and moved between the 20s.  He didn't do much.  Granted he is missing his top 2 receivers but like I said I don't think the starting D is that bad.  The depth though looks rough no doubt and if anyone gets injured the defense will be in trouble.  Claiborne wasn't playing tonight as well.

Our defense sucks

Our offensive suckiness is overshawdowing

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

TD PETTY IS Better than MCCOWN!!!

What if they gave Petty a REAL CHANCE!!!!

If they start Hack or McCown it will be a disgrace!!!

Petty is playing against guys who will be collecting unemployment in 2 weeks literally.  Give it a rest he stinks

31 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You mean like Bryce Petty? Petty has clearly improved each year. He's not making anyone forget Aaron Rodgers, but he's at least usable. 

I'm not going to get suckered into defending the QB building skills of Todd Bowles, but your stance presumes these players aren't playing to their capabilities now that they're not facing college defenders every dropback. 

Look, im not trying to get into a big thing here, but if Bryce Petty is the best example of player development of the Todd Bowles era, then that basically validates what I'm saying.

i don't know if it's coming off as me trying to defend Hackenberg or something, but I'm not.  He's awful.  It was an awful pick by the GM.  Bowles is equally terrible, as there is a lack of improvement across the board.

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lee was going before those guys regardless he had a legit 1st round grade at OLB. 

Henry had a first round grade some idiots rated him lower because he got injured before the combine and couldn't run the 40

Thomas is about to be the WR version of Brady; played at Ohio State but we had to draft crappy Devin Smith

Good for Petty. He's doing an exceptional job tonight regardless who he's playing against- that isn't his problem. I'm no QB guru like so many of you posting here tonight (we are so privileged) but he does seem poised, calm, and collective. Amazing what a bit of experience can do to a kid with lots of talent.

He's no doubt the #2 and only a back -breaking sack away to being the starter.

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

Petty is playing against guys who will be collecting unemployment in 2 weeks literally.  Give it a rest he stinks

Ummmm since you are the smart guy out here; whom should the Jets be starting?

I am in the real world where our choices are McCown, Hack and Petty;  so your constant posts of they all suck is more than meaningless. 

I have for more than 6 months have stated why I think that the young guys should start either Hack or Petty. Petty is better right now hence the reason why I want him in the field.

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

Good for Petty. He's doing an exceptional job tonight regardless who he's playing against- that isn't his problem. I'm no QB guru like so many of you posting here tonight (we are so privileged) but he does seem poised, calm, and collective. Amazing what a bit of experience can do to a kid with lots of talent.

He's no doubt the #2 and only a back -breaking sack away to being the starter.

Hey so who are we replacing Mac with eh?

Archived