JETS --GIANTS Official Pre-Season Game Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I want the Jets to win. Petty is looking good. Looks like the starter. Let's go Jets.

No doubt.  He's been superior to Hack,  hands down. Of course Mac must save face and force Hack on us like Idzik did with Geno.  Ain't no thing but a chicken wing.  In time, the truth surfaces, Petty is the starter by game 7. Bowles will go with MCGowan at start of season. There is just no salvaging this season from being a total unmitigated disaster.

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Ok.

I don't think so and I believe that he is detrimental to the Jets long term plans but you may end up being right.

The long term plan should absolutely not be on this roster or even on this org's payroll at the current moment

2 minutes ago, BigO said:

No doubt.  He's been superior to Hack,  hands down. Of course Mac must save face and force Hack on us like Idzik did with Geno.  Ain't no thing but a chicken wing.  In time, the truth surfaces, Petty is the starter by game 7. Bowles will go with MCGowan at start of season. There is just no salvaging this season from being a total unmitigated disaster.

Comparing Petty to Hack is like comparing a totally mediocre NFL qb to pile of rocks

1 minute ago, Barkus said:

Umm, petty looks pretty good. Hansen and stewart are playing great too.

As done with Macc as I am right now, Hansen and Stewart were 2 solid sleeper picks.  I really, really, really liked Stewart

4 minutes ago, thadude said:

McCown, because hes better than Petty

Yeah because we'd like to pass on finding out if Petty can develop and gain the bonus of getting a lower draft pick so we can't pick a good QB next year. 

Sorry if I don't trust your judgment on what makes a good GM. It may not be Mac but you are no help whatsoever. 

Just now, thadude said:

Comparing Petty to Hack is like comparing a totally mediocre NFL qb to pile of rocks

I've said it before Petty can be a competent back up next year and McCown wont or shouldn't be here.

IMO Petty doesn't stink, he can play in the NFL.  And also IMO Petty looked better than every QB on the field tonight not named Eli Manning and one must remember there was talk of cutting Petty now that they had McCown and again I say silliness.

Well Petty just got hurt; so your man McCown is probably starting...  

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

Yeah because we'd like to pass on finding out if Petty can develop and gain the bonus of getting a lower draft pick so we can't pick a good QB next year. 

Sorry if I don't trust your judgment on what makes a good GM. It may not be Mac but you are no help whatsoever. 

Petty sucks.  Give it up.  He did ok facing 3rd stringers yay

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

I've said it before Petty can be a competent back up next year and McCown wont or shouldn't be here.

Petty can be a backup in the NFL.  He is not even an average starting QB.  

Hack should not be in the NFL at all and McCown will be retired in 4 months, mercifully.

And with that, all excuses to start a young guy over McCown are gone.  They won't put Hack out there after this performance and Petty probably shredded his knee. Now McCown will  start for half a season, win 4-5 games, and kill our 1st overall pick chances.  That's the Jets fortunes.

Book it.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And with that, all excuses to start a young guy over McCown are gone.  They won't put Hack out there after this performance and Petty probably shredded his knee. Now McCown will  start for half a season, win 4-5 games, and kill our 1st overall pick chances.  That's the Jets fortunes.

Book it.

With our luck Tyrod has a chronic concussion problem and we go 2-14 while the Bills go 1-15

Archived