JETS --GIANTS Official Pre-Season Game Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

When McCown wins Comeback Player of the Year and leads us to a 6-10 record and the 10th overall pick, I'm going to quit my job so I can just sit on my couch and laugh all day

I'm going to take a deep breath, quietly return my Wesley Walker jersey to the closet,  and just sit on my couch and watch the Browns. 

54 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Teams are stacking the box playing the run hard. Throw the ball. What do you have to lose. If there was ever a season you were playing with nothing to lose it's now. There is absolutely zero expectations on this QB, this offense, this team 

Wrong. I have have expectations and expect them to go zero - 16. I'll be watching the games to see which 1/3 of the roster will be on the 2018 NY Jets. 

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I'm probably alone here. But I don't think hack was terrible compared to reasonable expectations 

Well his last 2 plays was a underthrow to Robby and high pass to wide open ASJ .. im guessing your expectations at this point is pretty much nonexistent ? 

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I'm probably alone here. But I don't think hack was terrible compared to reasonable expectations 

He's still 2 years away, but you can see the reason for the interest, that laser rocket arm.  

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Well his last 2 plays was a underthrow to Robby and high pass to wide open ASJ .. im guessing your expectations at this point is pretty much nonexistent ? 

I don't mind the underthrow to Robby. Gives him a chance to make play vs an overthrow. Plus it was PI. The pass to ASJ was just atrocious. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

By all means, please make the case for a guy who's completing 50% of his passes for 3.3 YPA.

Sure, I don't expect him to be the answer, the season is lost, maybe just maybe we get lucky. Probably not. If he starts and sucks everyone gets the coveted first pick. If he plays and is great (by far least likely scenario) we have the guy. If he plays and is ok. We continue on this sh*tty merry go round. 

But him and petty are probably equally sh*tty with hack having better ceiling. No need to see josh. 

18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hi guys! I'm at a wedding tonight, so I'm missing the game. On a scale of "basically, he's a rookie" to "his footwork is better than last year," how great has Hackenberg looked?

D. It's the best thing I've ever witnessed with my two eyes.

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

When McCown wins Comeback Player of the Year and leads us to a 6-10 record and the 10th overall pick, I'm going to quit my job so I can just sit on my couch and laugh all day

Not happening.  Aaron Rodgers isn't going 6-10 on this team.

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Sure, I don't expect him to be the answer, the season is lost, maybe just maybe we get lucky. Probably not. If he starts and sucks everyone gets the coveted first pick. If he plays and is great (by far least likely scenario) we have the guy. If he plays and is ok. We continue on this sh*tty merry go round. 

But him and petty are probably equally sh*tty with hack having better ceiling. No need to see josh. 

Fair enough. I can't disagree with any of this. If I had my druthers Hackenberg would start all 16 games.

Archived