Okay so it's not going to be Hackenberg

Flushing Roots

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Out of curiousity... do you still find it laughable that I believe I am a better scout than some of the dogsh*t they have at Florham Park?  The Jets scouting department is the real joke.

That bunch of imbeciles used a 2nd round pick on Hackenberg, a guy I felt wasnt even worthy of a 5th.  UNDRAFTABLE.

Yes.  100%.  I find it very laughable.  Very.

The thing is - last week he led the offense to 0 points, and we thought it couldn't get worse.  Then this week he leads the offense to -13 , NEGATIVE 13, first-half points.  If the Giants wanted to rest their entire offense, and just punt on every first down, we still would have lost 16 to 3.

Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have officially stepped off the Hackenberg train. 

Give me a break, lol. What were you expecting behind this Oline you know is terrible, with 1 WR that can get separation & zero running game? Development takes more than 1 season for god sakes. I'd love to see Dak Prescott play QB for this squad as presently constructed. This fan base is nuts. Fans already making statements like "cut him", give me a f*cking break.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Give me a break, lol. What were you expecting behind this Oline you know is terrible, with 1 WR that can get separation & zero running game? Development takes more than 1 season for god sakes. I'd love to see Dak Prescott play QB for this squad as presently constructed. This fan base is nuts. Fans already making statements like "cut him", give me a f*cking break.

Sorry dude but he showed me NOTHING. 

He's a waste of a roster spot. 

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Wow.  Just wow.  "Development?" LMFAO combined with pity.

HACK. DOES. NOT. BELONG. ON. AN. NFL. ROSTER. PERIOD.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Wow.  Just wow.  "Development?" LMFAO combined with pity.

HACK. DOES. NOT. BELONG. ON. AN. NFL. ROSTER. PERIOD.

Hey, that's what Tampa Bay fans use to say about Steve Young & Vinnie (interception) Testeverde. Vinnie was also given the "dumb" monicker. How long did it take Vinnie to become a competent NFL QB?

This instant fan gratification nonsense is only for a select few that have come through the NFL ranks. The surrounding cast of the 2009-2010 Jets carried Mark Sanchez & turned a backup QB into a multi millionaire. I get it, you have no patience, fine, but stop telling me what the future holds for all of these players, that's all I ask.

I'm in the middle of watching the game now. Hack was terrible in the first quarter but looked a lot better in the second. That long pass late in the second, where Apple clearly committed pass interference, if that penalty is called or -better yet- Anderson isn't interfered with and comes down with the catch, it's a different game. He hit the receiver in the hands on that second pick six. Maybe he was a tad late with the throw, but that one is more on the receiver. 

The Jets' OL is not playing well (although, along with Hack, they looked better in the second than the first) and the receivers are all green. As always, the QB gets too much credit when the team is good and too much blame when they're bad. Hard to judge him fairly with the level of talent currently around him (insert the obligatory "we can't judge the QB until he's surrounded by pro bowlers" comment here). 

Bottom line, this is a bad team. They're not going anywhere. They have to set their sights on the future, of which McCown is certainly not a part. I'd (probably) sink or (improbably) swim with Hack this year. If the sinking gets so bad that the locker room is ready to revolt again, switch to Petty (assuming he'll be healthy). 

As has been mentioned numerous times, either Hack gets better or the team is in prime position to draft his replacement. That's a win-win situation, despite the huge number of losses we're going to experience this season. 

I'd like to see Hack start the upcoming game.  And make absolutely f-in sure he doesn't get demolished by free running rushers at least for a drive or two.  

Only send out 2 WRs if they need to keep 8 in to block.  I mean the kid got killed in Penn State, and now it seems like every time he plays, he's getting demolished by blown blocking assignments.

Give the kid some time to sit in the pocket and get comfortable.  I think he may surprise then.

Why do some of you seem to ignore that the guy who is "developing," I hate that word by the way, is Bryce Petty?

If his knee isnt torn, he is the young QB you should want to see play.  The WCO suits his skill set quite well in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Why do some of you seem to ignore that the guy who is "developing," I hate that word by the way, is Bryce Petty?

If his knee isnt torn, he is the young QB you should want to see play.  The WCO suits his skill set quite well in my opinion. 

Agree Bryce Petty is the best QB on the roster. 

Archived