With Petty hurt and Hackenberg functionally incompetent who do they bring in?

jetscrazey

Jets o-line is terrible so McCown's old bum is probably getting hurt at some point.  Petty is already hurt.  Hackenberg is certainly not at a point right now where you can throw him into regular season game action.  They need a body and that body might actually have to play.

Look I don't really think Kap's style of play is ideally what I want out of a QB, but is there a better option at this point. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Jets o-line is terrible so McCown's old bum is probably getting hurt at some point.  Petty is already hurt.  Hackenberg is certainly not a point right now where you can throw him into regular season game action.  They need a body and that body might actually have to play.

Look I don't really think Kap's style of play is ideally what I want out of a QB, but is there a better option at this point. 

First of all, we don't know what the story is with Petty's knee yet.

As for Kaep, no way we can bring him in.  He's probably just good enough to win 4-5 games and that is definitely the worst case scenario.  I'd rather bring in Josh Freeman off the street and do this thing right.

Probably wait to find out how hurt Petty is.  If he needs some ice and a beer, no need to bring anyone in.  If he's gonna' miss time, then go grab another scrap heap QB.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He walked off the field under his own power, right? If he did then he'll start

Not sure that's a solid inference.  ACL tears can walk, for example.  So can other injuries that ultimately sideline a player for weeks or more.  We'll have to wait.

I'd think either of the Giants Qbs who get cut: Josh Johnson or Geno. But Petty might be ok. Based on what Bowles said and didn't say (which was basically everything) during his presser I think he'll name McCown the starter and has been intentionally not playing him to avoid injury. Which if they're doing it is smart. 

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not sure that's a solid inference.  ACL tears can walk, for example.  So can other injuries that ultimately sideline a player for weeks or more.  We'll have to wait.

Agreed ..l don't get the feed of the game down south here ... So I haven't seen the play Petty got hurt on yet ... Did he do any start-stop trying to change direction type of move?

i did my ACL years ago like that ... I could still walk off the field like normal ... But I KNEW it was bad

fingers crossed that wasn't what happened 

Just now, ljr said:

Agreed ..l don't get the feed of the game down south here ... So I haven't seen the play Petty got hurt on yet ... Did he do any start-stop trying to change direction type of move?

i did my ACL years ago like that ... I could still walk off the field like normal ... But I KNEW it was bad

Sorry to hear about that.  My daughter tore hers last April just by landing badly from a jump playing volleyball.  No contact at all.  She's rehabbing now but she'll miss the entire fall season and probably part of the spring one in a huge year for her team.  Really, really awful injury.  Definitely hoping that wasn't it.  

11 minutes ago, ljr said:

Yeah he tried to move laterally and couldn't do it. Then he had a look like he was sick to his stomach while trying to smile.

I've seen a lot of injuries and I'm sorry but I'd put his odds at 15% that he's not out for the year. 

I'm going to say this, and not in my capacity as a bitter ****: it would be such a sweet eff you to the Jets if Petty is out for the year after showing signs he could be a legitimate QB prospect. Maccagnan and Bowles jerked him around for two-plus years, tried to embarrass him by ridiculously elevating the horrid Christian Hackenberg over him, and now Petty gets to spend the year on IR before escaping to a team that might give him an actual shot, all the while watching Bowles and Macc burn their careers down with McCown and Hack setting fire to them both.

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Why? Haven't you seen enough? The kid is awful and he's hard to watch. 

So we gave Sanchez and Geno more than enough chances but Hack a known project gets cut after two games?

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Does Woody even care?  I heard he's making Britain Great Again

Total absentee idiot owner

Unfortunately I'm used to rooting for teams with idiot owners. Mets, Jets, Knicks. Can the owners and FO's be any worse? What did I do to deserve this?

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Unfortunately I'm used to rooting for teams with idiot owners. Mets, Jets, Knicks. Can the owners and FO's be any worse? What did I do to deserve this?

The Wilpons gave all their money to Madoff because he was supposedly "respectable."  Dolan at least wants to win and will spend the money he just doesn't know how to

Archived