With Petty hurt and Hackenberg functionally incompetent who do they bring in?

jetscrazey

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Jets are not going to bring in Kaepernick because McCown is their starter, at least in the early part of the season.   

They can try saying that, and it'd be true, but if Petty goes on IR and that roster spot opens up, it's a can of worms. If I were them, I'd either avoid IRing Petty or I'd go trade for somebody's backup to cover my ass

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They can try saying that, and it'd be true, but if Petty goes on IR and that roster spot opens up, it's a can of worms. If I were them, I'd either avoid IRing Petty or I'd go trade for somebody's backup to cover my ass

I understand what you are saying, but they have to do the right thing for the team and screw the politics.  If this team were close to winning Keapernick would make more sense.  He is not a good fit for us.

9 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He walked off the field under his own power, right? If he did then he'll start

Remember when Kris Jenkins walked off under his own power? He was a 350 lber on a shredded knee. 

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I understand what you are saying, but they have to do the right thing for the team and screw the politics.  If this team were close to winning Keapernick would make more sense.  He is not a good fit for us.

If Petty is out, the Jets are effectively abandoning the QB position anyway. The only way they can publicly justify not signing Kaepernick is by admitting they want to win zero games.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If Petty is out for the season and we sign some bullsh*t like Bethel McLeod Johnson, the Jets are going to become THE target of every ounce of pro-Kaepernick energy currently out there. Perfect storm, really. The team literally has nothing to lose (on the field) by signing him, the QBs they have left are non-entities, the owner is a paid Trump appointee, it's allegedly progressive NY, and--unlike Seattle--the national media isn't going to give the Jets any cover for obviously passing on him. If I'm the Jets moving forward, I don't care if they amputate Petty's leg--I don't put him on IR unless I'm prepared to sign Kaepernick, or until someone else signs him first. The pro-Kaepernick movement is looking for that one team with no plausible excuses to pass on him, and here we are. It's gonna be great lol.

I seriously take Johnny football first.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I have the perfect candidate when he shakes loose after the last ex game.

1403680902Geno_Instagram.jpg

It would make me so happy to see him physically battered and destroyed behind that offensive line. I would pay good money to see that every week. 

SAR I

Hack starts all year, every game.  McCown is the #2.  Petty to IR.  We sign some kid off someone else's PS or the street who lost out in this years camp battles.

What happens, happens.

No reason, this year, to do anything else.  No Kap (get f'ed).  No RG3.  And no, no Geno Smith.

And then we better hope whatever curse this franchise is operating under expires in our lifetime.

Because you can count on our bad fortunes, the Kap situation is on the horizon if Petty is done.   Attention will be focused on us as to  why a team like us with a 38 year QB and Hack as the back up would not bring him in.  If we do bring him in, it's a circus.  Next year isn't promised for all those so called great QB's that could be in the draft.  

Bring Kap in, face all that media attention through the first game as he takes a knee and then let it blow over.  I really don't see all the media attention after the his 1st game in uniform where've he may play.  The fans outrage at his signing?  Just add it to the plate as we have enough things to be outraged at with this franchise.

35 minutes ago, Thor99 said:

I guess they could float the idea that Petty could return and put him on short term IR.  Would be a good enough reason to pretend that we don't need to sign Kap. 

you dont need to pretend, you just dont.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Ok so football move aside, what would be a better PR move for the Trump appointed Woody. The pro Kap crowd and media would be shocked and would be praising Woody. I would love to hear Dick's and Manish's reaction which if they support it would be a smart move if they bash it they would more likely get ridiculed. I am not advocating any of this as I stay the F*ck out of politics, but it would be interesting how all of the sports media, players and fans would react. 

21 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Kap can't be signed here.  It would just be too much.  Bad enough they cut Mangold, but to bring in that lightning rod is not going to do anything but drive away fans and produce the same record we will have without him.   When trying to extinguish a dumpster fire you don't use gasoline.

I'm not advocating signing him, but what if they did sign him and he was really good? Isn't Jeremy Bates supposed to be a savant? 

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Ok so football move aside, what would be a better PR move for the Trump appointed Woody. The pro Kap crowd and media would be shocked and would be praising Woody. I would love to hear Dick's and Manish's reaction which if they support it would be a smart move if they bash it they would more likely get ridiculed. I am not advocating any of this as I stay the F*ck out of politics, but it would be interesting how all of the sports media, players and fans would react. 

It really would be fascinating to watch. You'd get a bunch of antagonistic headlines locally (Police union issuing a statement, season ticket holder burns jersey! Pig socks pic on the front of the Post, etc), but what if he was actually good? Nationally, the Jets would come off looking pretty slick. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It really would be fascinating to watch. You'd get a bunch of antagonistic headlines locally (Police union issuing a statement, season ticket holder burns jersey! Pig socks pic on the front of the Post, etc), but what if he was actually good? Nationally, the Jets would come off looking pretty slick. 

This could be a season for the record books. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Hack starts all year, every game.  McCown is the #2.  Petty to IR.  We sign some kid off someone else's PS or the street who lost out in this years camp battles.

What happens, happens.

No reason, this year, to do anything else.  No Kap (get f'ed).  No RG3.  And no, no Geno Smith.

And then we better hope whatever curse this franchise is operating under expires in our lifetime.

This is what should happen. Mostly for the fact that I don't want McCown to slip and win us a game and screw us over.

He's just like Cimini, Mehta & Hughes...Nothing but a pos. pure trash. 

Brian Costello @BrianCoz

If Petty is out, Jets are going to have to sign a QB for Thursday’s game. I say sign Manziel and Kaepernick, give them both a half.

Why not make it interesting for the beat writers D? That is my priority

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

David J. Chao, MD‏ @ProFootballDoc  

By video, suspect MCL sprain, not ACL tear. With a little luck, #BrycePetty could be ready for season or soon thereafter with a brace.

If it is a MCL sprain that is awesome. If Petty can play and does NOT start and Boiwles starts McClown anyway he should be fired on the spot. Does Bowles actually think we dont remember that McClown sucks moose cock at QB? Seriously, WTF?

And then we have to trade for a safety? A friggin safety? Is safety all of a sudden the most important position on the team. And on a team with no CB we trade one who seems to finally be emerging for a safety?

Mac and Bowles are hopelessly clueless.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

If it is a MCL sprain that is awesome. If Petty can play and does NOT start and Boiwles starts McClown anyway he should be fired on the spot. Does Bowles actually think we dont remember that McClown sucks moose cock at QB? Seriously, WTF?

And then we have to trade for a safety? A friggin safety? Is safety all of a sudden the most important position on the team. And on a team with no CB we trade one who seems to finally be emerging for a safety?

Mac and Bowles are hopelessly clueless.

Read some thoughts in the McDougle trade thread..Not difficult to understand the trade logic. All I can say. 

At this point, line up RGIII(getting creamed and injured is his natural state anyway)Manziel, Kaep and every other warm body who is a plausible QB and see what they can do. Got nothing to lose. Not likely to find anyone who blows you away but they need to have 3 QBs over a 16 game season with this sh!tbag OL .

Archived