With Petty hurt and Hackenberg functionally incompetent who do they bring in?

jetscrazey

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Signing Kaepernick is so NY Jets we win the media hype game that and we desperately need a QB. 

'Desperate times call for desperate measures' 

Kaep would immediately be the best QB the Jets have had since half-a-Favre.

Jets o-line is terrible so McCown's old bum is probably getting hurt at some point.  Petty is already hurt.  Hackenberg is certainly not at a point right now where you can throw him into regular season game action.  They need a body and that body might actually have to play.
Look I don't really think Kap's style of play is ideally what I want out of a QB, but is there a better option at this point. 

Hack is a better option than kaep, he has more upside, costs next to nothing and if he sucks we get a good shot at drafting our franchise qb next season. Kaep was not good enough to hold his job against Blaine gabbert...the guy is garbage as an NFL qb. With the roster we have right now there is no point in trying to find someone to compete anyway might as well just accept we are going to have a crap season and let the young kids either sink or swim and build on the ones that rise up to the challenge.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Hack is a better option than kaep, he has more upside, costs next to nothing and if he sucks we get a good shot at drafting our franchise qb next season. Kaep was not good enough to hold his job against Blaine gabbert...the guy is garbage as an NFL qb. With the roster we have right now there is no point in trying to find someone to compete anyway might as well just accept we are going to have a crap season and let the young kids either sink or swim and build on the ones that rise up to the challenge.

He has more upside? Kaep played his team to the SUPER BOWL. Hack would get lost taking his kids to the SALAD BAR.

He has more upside? Kaep played his team to the SUPER BOWL. Hack would get lost taking his kids to the SALAD BAR.

No...just No kaep rode Alex Smith's safe play with an amazing team and amazing coach to a Superbowl where he got grossly outplayed by joe flacco to a point where the nfl had to shut the lights out and tell the ravens to make it look like the game could be close. Hack has been judged on his play in the preseason without ever taking a real nfl snap. So yes young kid who hasn't taken a single nfl snap and has no film is more upside than a guy who has proven he can not play.

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

No...just No kaep rode Alex Smith's safe play with an amazing team and amazing coach to a Superbowl where he got grossly outplayed by joe flacco to a point where the nfl had to shut the lights out and tell the ravens to make it look like the game could be close. Hack has been judged on his play in the preseason without ever taking a real nfl snap. So yes young kid who hasn't taken a single nfl snap and has no film is more upside than a guy who has proven he can not play.

Amazing how a team is suddenly amazing when a QB plays amazing. put brady on the jets on Robbie Anderson goes in 3rd round of fantasy drafts.

41 minutes ago, jgb said:

And still would throw for more TDs than Hackenever (excluding pick 6s).

Petty plays against total scrubs.  He fgot a few starts last year and he sucked.  Maybe they both suck. I am not throwing a guy out there because he looked good against the secondary from Cornfield State U, though

3 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Petty plays against total scrubs.  He fgot a few starts last year and he sucked.  Maybe they both suck. I am not throwing a guy out there because he looked good against the secondary from Cornfield State U, though

looking good against someone is better than looking good against no one. remember sideline reporters have to wear helmets at jets practice when hack is taking reps.

20 minutes ago, jack48 said:

You really are full of dry, cynical wit.  Hack played against scrubs last preseason.  How'd he look?  Didnt he set a record for futility against the Eagles?  Oh wait... his "mechanics and development" are sooo much better than they were last year, right?  You could put him in now against Cornfield U, and the result would still look like a porcelain bowl full of the corn sh*ts.

Looking forward to your next sneering comment...

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'm not advocating signing him, but what if they did sign him and he was really good? Isn't Jeremy Bates supposed to be a savant? 

With the team in the condition it is now , I just don't see how he could thrive.  We need to address the offense :OL, RB and QB as well as a WR1 in the draft and FA.  Mac just made a bad situation worse.

Archived