With Petty hurt and Hackenberg functionally incompetent who do they bring in?

jetscrazey

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

IR designated to return?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

IR. Don't need to designate any longer and I believe you can now bring two off the IR 

Also Tuesday, owners approved a measure that makes a second player who is placed on injured reserve eligible to return later in the season. Previously, only one could be designated for recall from IR, thanks to a rule that was adopted in 2012 and amended in 2016. The 2016 bylaw stated that any player who had spent at least six weeks on IR would be eligible to return to practice, opening a 14-day window for the player to return to the active roster.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'm going to say this, and not in my capacity as a bitter ****: it would be such a sweet eff you to the Jets if Petty is out for the year after showing signs he could be a legitimate QB prospect. Maccagnan and Bowles jerked him around for two-plus years, tried to embarrass him by ridiculously elevating the horrid Christian Hackenberg over him, and now Petty gets to spend the year on IR before escaping to a team that might give him an actual shot, all the while watching Bowles and Macc burn their careers down with McCown and Hack setting fire to them both.

? ? ? ? 

I'd take a look at Manziel.  He wasn't completely terrible in Cleveland and flashed potential despite being a drug addict and not really giving a sh*t, so if he got his life together I think he could be an ok QB.  But he's still a fringe talent at best (only marginally more talented than our sorry lot) and I doubt his character issues go away.

4 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Jets o-line is terrible so McCown's old bum is probably getting hurt at some point.  Petty is already hurt.  Hackenberg is certainly not at a point right now where you can throw him into regular season game action.  They need a body and that body might actually have to play.

Look I don't really think Kap's style of play is ideally what I want out of a QB, but is there a better option at this point. 

Kapernick SUCKS. He had a window where teams had not learned how to defend him but that window is completely closed. And with a FAR right owner there is literally zero chance of him agreeing to sign Kapernick EVER.

In terms of who we sign:

If Dallas tries to sneak Cooper Rush onto the PS, claim him regardless of other moves

Call Cincinatti about AJ McCarron. As long as we keep our 1 a trade for him would not be a terrible idea.

Bring back the OTAs guy. He probably knows the offense. Let him play entire third game.

DO NOT sign RG3, Manziel or any other retread POS

Hack should still start all 16 games.

Wow just checked the stats, thought Petty must have had a great game. Then he's basically out for the year.

How many fooking injurys do we get to our QB 's in this fooking Giant snoopy ball. Pennington, Sanchez, the list goes on! No fooking way we should play them again, or never  ever, play anyone one but 3/4th stringer. This game has ruined more than one Jets season.

Any shred of optimism for the season has been ripped from me. I was looking forward to seeing how the young guys where going to play.

Now I feel there isn't any point to the season. We could well be the worst team ever to play an NFL season.

If Petty is out for the season and we sign some bullsh*t like Bethel McLeod Johnson, the Jets are going to become THE target of every ounce of pro-Kaepernick energy currently out there. Perfect storm, really. The team literally has nothing to lose (on the field) by signing him, the QBs they have left are non-entities, the owner is a paid Trump appointee, it's allegedly progressive NY, and--unlike Seattle--the national media isn't going to give the Jets any cover for obviously passing on him. If I'm the Jets moving forward, I don't care if they amputate Petty's leg--I don't put him on IR unless I'm prepared to sign Kaepernick, or until someone else signs him first. The pro-Kaepernick movement is looking for that one team with no plausible excuses to pass on him, and here we are. It's gonna be great lol.

Petty played quite well as I posted last night from the game.  However, he did play against the reserves and cuts also consider Hackenberg lead them to a TD in the 2nd half also.  I do wish Petty would have seen some action against the Giants starters for proper prospective, but it does appear that the Jets believe Hackenberg has a higher ceiling than Petty.  One other point, and this may not be fair, but Petty does seem to get injured often when he plays.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If Petty is out for the season and we sign some bullsh*t like Bethel McLeod Johnson, the Jets are going to become THE target of every ounce of pro-Kaepernick energy currently out there. Perfect storm, really. The team literally has nothing to lose (on the field) by signing him, the QBs they have left are non-entities, the owner is a paid Trump appointee, it's allegedly progressive NY, and--unlike Seattle--the national media isn't going to give the Jets any cover for obviously passing on him. If I'm the Jets moving forward, I don't care if they amputate Petty's leg--I don't put him on IR unless I'm prepared to sign Kaepernick, or until someone else signs him first. The pro-Kaepernick movement is looking for that one team with no plausible excuses to pass on him, and here we are. It's gonna be great lol.

The Jets are not going to bring in Kaepernick because McCown is their starter, at least in the early part of the season.   

Archived