Bryce Petty. Matt Simms. Geno Smith. Brooks Bollinger. Brett Ratliff.

Jet_Engine1

Eric Ainge.

Kellen Clemens.

Quincy Carter.

Glenn Foley.

Jeff Blake.

Browning Nagle.

All of these no name, never weres all played Quarterback for the Jets in some capacity. None of them were first rounders or high dollar free agents. There may even be a couple I forgot about or dont qualify in my opinion for one reason or another for this list (Favre, Brunell, O'Donnel, Boomer).

What else do they all have in common? No matter how much of an afterthought they were, no matter how humble a start they got in their career, and no matter how short their careers in the NFL lasted, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM SHOWED MORE ON AN NFL FIELD THAN HACKENBERG EVER HAS AND PROBABLY EVER WILL.

Brett Ratliff was a preseason legend. LOL. Brooks Bollinger is still a folk hero. Bryce Petty showed more as a rookie, coming from the Bear Raid and before learning to identify the Mike Backer (from Madden) than Hack has ever shown.

Eric Ainge was a Meth Addict and was less of a bad pick than Hackenberg in the second round. Brock Osweiler would be an exponential upgrade over Hack.

Its time to cut bait on the kid. Never reinforce failure. 

Look, Im all in for the Tank. Suck for Sam. Mail it in for Allen. Act frozen for Rosen. Whatever. But keeping Hack on the roster is counterproductive, and may actually be mean to the kid. It must be awful for him right now, you know dudes are saying the right things while snickering behind his back. 

Amd yes, Mac needs to go. Hes been a disaster as a GM. He may have been good as an area specific scout, and he gets the "gimmes", but Lee in the first and Hack in the second while ignoring the aging OLine was stupidity.

Hack is a symptom of a bigger problem. They tore it down, fired everyone, and hired guys just as bad as the last. 

Whatever. Pettys hurt now, so we're stuck with Methuselah and incompetent faceman. But if they want to regain some credibility, they need to cut Hackenberg.

For their sake and for the sake of Hackenberg's career, they should try to trade him to the Texans immediately. He's not going to make it here during this rebuild, and his presence will only serve to remind everyone around the franchise that Maccagnan is a buffoon.

5 minutes ago, yvj said:

I don't want to defend Hack, but in comparison all those players were around long enough to show their full potential before it was apparent they had nothing

If you think they have nothing, they probably have nothing. We had 4 years of people convincing themselves Geno wasnt getting a fair shake. It turns out he was just terrible. Ditto Sanchez. Having Hack tie up a roster spot is pointless.

10 minutes ago, yvj said:

I don't want to defend Hack, but in comparison all those players were around long enough to show their full potential before it was apparent they had nothing

Lol they showed something worth considering developing . Hack hasn't shown anything besides a strong arm .. can't read defensive fronts , accuracy still a question mark , 1 read and bail . I thought he would atleast be a head of the learning curve coming from a pro system . He is legit 2 years away from being 2 years away right now 

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol they showed something . Hack hasn't shown anything besides a string arm .. can't read defensive fronts , accuracy still a question mark , 1 read and bail . I thought he would atleast be a head of the learning curve coming from a pro system . He is legit 2 years away from being 2 years away right now 

I'm just saying those guys got the time to try and figure it out. Unfortunately for them they didn't.  But you're asking for him to be cut,.

If Hack is 2 years away then he's two years away.

1 minute ago, yvj said:

I'm just saying those guys got the time to try and figure it out. Unfortunately for them they didn't.  But you're asking for him to be cut,.

If Hack is 2 years away then he's two years away.

lol I don't care if he is cut or not ., this season means nothing . But as right now he underdeveloped . Those guys in there 2nd years where much better players than he is right now.. not saying they were great but they were compentent players.

the entire 1st and 2nd round QB  class  from the past 2 years are all better than him right now. 

Hack is garbage. I don't care if he was a multi year project. Guess what? It's year 2 and he's shown no improvement. We laugh at Geno as the worst 2nd round QB. Reality check: Hack is worse than Geno, however unlikely that was. He sucks. Mac sucks. How the **** do you draft this garbage in the 1nd when nobody on earth wanted to touch this trash on the first two days?? And then we pass on guys like Dak (another FU to Mac), Mahomes, and Watson. Total garbage GM. One good pick in his first two years, runs the team to the ground, tanks the next year while drafting a frigging safety at #6, and people talk about how good he's been? He's worse than Idzik. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

For their sake and for the sake of Hackenberg's career, they should try to trade him to the Texans immediately. He's not going to make it here during this rebuild, and his presence will only serve to remind everyone around the franchise that Maccagnan is a buffoon.

Texans might give us a 7th for Hack... if we also throw in our 6th.

Archived