MRI for Petty; Williams has Sprained Wrist

JetNation

IMG_4150.jpg

Leonard Williams and Bryce Petty both left the field during the Giants game with injuries. The reports are that Williams has a sprained wrist. Bryce Petty has a knee injury and will undergo an MRI on Sunday. Todd Bowles commented on both injuries.

On Petty he said:

Well, it’s the after-effect in the morning of how he is feeling. I don’t know about right now, so I’ll wait until tomorrow and hear the tests. Bryce is a tough guy, we’ll see how it goes.

He was asked if he was concerned about Williams:

There is nothing there. It’s just sprained.

Petty told the media that he had a knee injury in high school (MCL). He stressed that they won’t know anything until the MRI results are back in. He was asked if he was concerned about this injury:

I’m not concerned. We will find out everything tomorrow. What we need to find out and we’ll go from there.

We will bring you updates once more information becomes available. Until then be sure to stay up to date by visiting our NY Jets Forum.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
1nL_CjfRvjY

Click here to read the full story...

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

We need a class A miracle here. And it needs to completely heal overnight.

Just fending the media off who will be rabid by Monday when its MCL and Petty is out for the year. Man it could not be worse. Not felt so bad about a season ever.

49 minutes ago, Clueless Owner said:

Perhaps a hyperextension or sprain?  Seems positive he wasn't taken into the locker room, or put on a cart.  His knee was just heavily wrapped.  MRI will help reveal if there is any structural damage, even if minor, tho.

When I tore my ACL I was able to walk on it too, until later that evening when it swelled up (I didn't wrap it in ice like Petty did). With him saying "it felt loose" also is not a good sign. I'm hoping it's just a sprain as well, but I don't feel good about this one.

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

We need a class A miracle here. And it needs to completely heal overnight.

We need to tear down this cursed franchise, right down to the studs.

Fire every single person who works there.

The NFL repossesses the team, finds a new owner.

The name "Jets" is stricken from the record, never to be uttered again.

And the team is relocated to somewhere other than the ancient football burial grounds of swampy New Jersey.

Maybe then something about this franchise will change.  

Maybe.

David J. Chao, MD‏ @ProFootballDoc  

Reviewed video on #BrycePetty. "not stable" does not always mean ACL Good news: doubt season ending or surgery Bad news: L knee MCL sprain

By video, suspect MCL sprain, not ACL tear. With a little luck, #BrycePetty could be ready for season or soon thereafter with a brace.

Reason for optimism here. By video, just MCL sprain, which can lead to unstable feeling. Not all knee instability means season ending ACL.

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Reviewed video on #BrycePetty. "not stable" does not always mean ACL Good news: doubt season ending or surgery Bad news: L knee MCL sprain

By video, suspect MCL sprain, not ACL tear. With a little luck, #BrycePetty could be ready for season or soon thereafter with a brace.

So a so called MD viewed the video and is making a determination of the extent of Bryce Petty's injury?  

I really like Petty but damn he has the worst luck when it comes to getting injured. Tells me he's just not aware of his surroundings. I see QBs constantly getting there feet up avoiding things around them after getting rid of the ball, Stafford is very good at it but man Bryce is like a walking magnet for injuries.

Players that can't stay on the field, won't stay in the NFL, that's just a fact. I do think when healthy he's our best QB.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

So a so called MD viewed the video and is making a determination of the extent of Bryce Petty's injury?  

Maybe do a little due diligence before lashing out. 

He knows of what he speaks and has been spot on every time I've seen a "guess" from him. 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for dr phil gifs

Chao said that when he gave his opinion on Twitter about a player’s injury last NFL season, he was right in 137 out of 148 cases (that’s a successful prediction rate of 92.6 percent). He doesn’t know if his measurements of his own work are completely unbiased—he did offer to let the Daily Dot perform its own audit—but he knows why he’s right so often.

During his 17 years with the Chargers, he would return to team headquarters every Monday morning after a gameday. After he reexamined an injured player and looked at his X-rays and MRI results, Chao would watch the game film.

That way, Chao said he “could go back and reverse engineer everything” related to the injury.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

The MC ligament attaches to the femur (thigh bone) and tibia (shinbone). Recovery Time: A minor, or grade 1, MCL tear can take from a few days to a week and a half to heal sufficiently for you to return to normal activities, including sports. A grade 2 tear can take from two to four weeks to heal.

Dr.joewilly12

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Reason for optimism here. By video, just MCL sprain, which can lead to unstable feeling. Not all knee instability means season ending ACL.

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

8/27/17, 1:20 PM

Sigh of relief: Jets QB Bryce Petty suffered a Grade 1 MCL sprain and hopes to play Thursday night, per source. Ready for regular season.

53 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

8/27/17, 1:20 PM

Sigh of relief: Jets QB Bryce Petty suffered a Grade 1 MCL sprain and hopes to play Thursday night, per source. Ready for regular season.

Thank you so much!!!

You provided positive hope and it is greatly appreciated. 

Archived