Schefter: McDougle Traded to Eagles for S Terrence Brooks

Lith

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Good luck. People equate drafting 2 safeties with not ever needing another S on the roster....It's comical..But they are the experts.

It's really frustrating trying to be logical. They think we have a ton of safeties! I guess they don't realize both starters from last year are no longer on the team.

Jets reach for guy with a goofy name, drafting him early

Goofy name plays at goofy level in the rare times there is a part of his body not broken, torn, burned or amputated

Goofy name starts to come around after four years of showing nothing, FINALLY

Goofy name is abruptly traded away for a position player that we addressed with first two picks of our last draft

And you wonder why Jet fans all walk around as if THEY were named Dexter McDougle

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Was wondering where the people who defended Macc for the Hackenberg pick would turn today. Turns out they've become Dexter McDougle truthers.

But we protected the great Buster Skrine. Nobody wants his salary, and his slow penalty ridden ass.

Everybody knows I love me some Dexter and followed him since he started at Maryland. I was so excited to have the Jets draft him, possibly too excited. I thought it was a pretty impressive he decided to put the time in and cared enough to try and address his injury problems. May or may not work but personally I was impressed.

Those of you who rationalize this by saying he was nothing but depth, he wasn't going to start or would probably get hurt eventually deserve this franchise. Please tell me what a leader of men Jamal Adams is. Tell me about Marcus Maye being an enforcer in the box. Please tell me how Buster Skrine is anything more than a jag. Dexter put the work in this off season and showed up noticeably different and PROVED  it on the field. No matter what he was last three  years he had the heart to show what he is willing to put in the work to be better. 

I think this team needs more of that not less. Good luck Dexter!! Nice to see you have been rewarded for your hard work and released from this perpetual clown car of a football franchise. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Was wondering where the people who defended Macc for the Hackenberg pick would turn today. Turns out they've become Dexter McDougle truthers.

Defend Macc?  LOL dude doesn't have a leg to stand on with the overall condition of this team. He tore this roster down and not for the better. 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They are too astonished at the improvement Hack showed from all the hard work he put in during the off season. Wait, I mean the improvement people talk about that isn't there. Nobody has really seen it. He actually got worse . Looks better in street clothes on game days 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

They are too astonished at the improvement Hack showed from all the hard work he put in during the off season. Wait, I mean the improvement people talk about that isn't there. Nobody has really seen it. He actually got worse . Looks better in street clothes on game days 

This roster is worse than when Macc started his rebuild............very questionable getting rid of aging veterans in key positions and then signing a 38 year old NFL bum loser QB... 

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Good luck. People equate drafting 2 safeties with not ever needing another S on the roster....It's comical..But they are the experts.

The inability of this franchise, it's GM and HC to prioritize among and between positions would be comical if it wasn't so pathetic and embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What do you want from Hack he was playing against ONES

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I like McDougle. Now...to your above McDougle note

McDougle Yr 2: non-factor...Yr 4 after some experience, development Jets Nation anoints him Revis 2009.  Hack Yr 2...

Jets acquire S Brooks from Eagles for CB McDougle

By DENNIS WASZAK Jr.

— Aug. 27, 2017 11:02 AM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Jets acquired safety Terrence Brooks from the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday for cornerback Dexter McDougle in a trade of 2014 draft picks.

The moves, announced by the Eagles, provide depth for both teams' secondaries.

The Jets are expected to start rookies Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye at safety but were thin at the position beyond them, with Rontez Miles dealing with an eye injury and Doug Middleton out for the season with a torn pectoral. Ronald Martin and Robenson Therezie were the only other healthy safeties.

Brooks was drafted in the third round out of Florida State by Baltimore, 79th overall — one pick ahead of McDougle. He spent his first two seasons with the Ravens and played with the Eagles last year.

He had 19 overall tackles as a rookie, and that total remains a single-season high. Brooks was waived by Baltimore last September and claimed by Philadelphia a day later. He had five tackles, an interception and two forced fumbles for the Eagles last year.

Brooks was part of a jammed safety spot in Philadelphia, which also has Malcolm Jenkins, Corey Graham, Rodney McLeod and Chris Maragos. The Eagles were in need of a cornerback, even after recently trading wide receiver Jordan Matthews and a third-rounder to Buffalo for Ronald Darby.

McDougle dealt with injuries during his first three seasons but has been having a solid summer for the Jets. He missed his rookie season with a knee injury and had hamstring issues last year, but he dropped 14 pounds and 6 percent body fat in the offseason and appeared to be in the mix for a backup role for the Jets at cornerback.

With McDougle's departure, only two of the 12 players drafted by the Jets by then-general manager John Idzik in 2014 remain on New York's roster: offensive lineman Dakota Dozier, a fourth-rounder; and wide receiver Quincy Enunwa, a sixth-rounder who's out for the season after having surgery to repair a bulging disk in his neck.

http://pro32.ap.org/apdemo/article/jets-acquire-s-brooks-eagles-cb-mcdougle

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

We are going to corner the market in frozen concentrated orange juice futures boys!

I made a bet with a fellow Jets fan that Hack would be out of the NFL by 2018.   That $1 will be mine.

BTW,  "Where the hell is Beaks?"

Archived