Schefter: McDougle Traded to Eagles for S Terrence Brooks

Lith

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the part I don't really get is any supposed love for McDougle from anyone not named Crusher, considering it never existed before this.  Meanwhile everyone is ready to send Mauldin packing despite a shorter career with more production at another very lacking position.  Late in the preseason, it's hardly a new unseen thing for a couple of teams to trade their respective trash, hoping the other one turns it around for them.  The much greater concern is that pretty much the entire Jets' roster qualifies for that trash category.

McDougle was having a nice preseason but he is still at 5'10" injury-prone, backup slot DB and will continue to be that on the Eagles.  Despite drafting the two rookies, we are razor thin at Safety, with Miles injured (expected back soon) and nobody with experience behind him.  We needed a backup Safety so we flipped two guys that are probably fairly even in terms of what they can do for the team. 

Consider that the reason the Eagles made the trade was certainly influenced by the fact that McDougle was having a nice preseason and that otherwise, they may not have been willing at all.

This trade was barely worth noticing except for the fact that we traded for a Safety (which we needed).  Dex isn't going to become Aaron Glenn and they guy we got isn't going to become Ed Reed.  Wake me up when we sign an OL that could upgrade our line.  

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

McDougle was having a nice preseason but he is still at 5'10" injury-prone, backup slot DB and will continue to be that on the Eagles.  Despite drafting the two rookies, we are razor thin at Safety, with Miles injured (expected back soon) and nobody with experience behind him.  We needed a backup Safety so we flipped two guys that are probably fairly even in terms of what they can do for the team.  This trade was barely worth noticing except for the fact that we traded for a Safety (which we needed).  Dex isn't going to become Aaron Glenn and they guy we got isn't going to become Ed Reed.  Wake me up when we sign an OL that could upgrade our line.  

We traded a CB who probably was not making the team for needed depth at safety. I like the two kids drafted this year as starters. (Adams/Mayes)

5 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I guess the part I don't really get is any supposed love for McDougle from anyone not named Crusher, considering it never existed before this.  Meanwhile everyone is ready to send Mauldin packing despite a shorter career with more production at another very lacking position.  Late in the preseason, it's hardly a new unseen thing for a couple of teams to trade their respective trash, hoping the other one turns it around for them.  The much greater concern is that pretty much the entire Jets' roster qualifies for that trash category.

I loved Dexter BECAUSE of Crusher's unyielding belief in him.  What category does that put me in?

On 8/27/2017 at 2:34 PM, The Crusher said:

I guess I feel a healthy Dexter has more upside than this jag we traded him for. plus I feel cornerback is a premium position. 

Maybe in the slot he's okay, but on Sat he looked completely lost trying to cover 3rd stringers. Practically fell over trying to go 3 different directions at once. 

I rewound to see who it was and was that looked so indecisive and was disappointed that it was him. Then he was traded the next day for a special teams gunner which we need badly. 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Maybe in the slot he's okay, but on Sat he looked completely lost trying to cover 3rd stringers. Practically fell over trying to go 3 different directions at once. 

I rewound to see who it was and was that looked so indecisive and was disappointed that it was him. Then he was traded the next day for a special teams gunner which we need badly. 

Reasonable . Just gonna be sad when he makes next three pro bowls 

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Pretty incredible we kept this guy around forever while he never played, trade him for a scrub and then gets re-upped. 

My guess is it went down like this:

"We just traded for you, but you're still no lock to make the final roster (and therefore you won't be guaranteed a full year's salary, as you hope to catch on for a few games here or there with someone else if cut now). Tell you what. Make it worth our while to put you on the opening day roster and guarantee your salary for the year, but in exchange you have to give us a cheap team option for 2018 with no guaranteed money."

They put the squeeze on him. That's what I think happened. It's what I would have done, anyway.

48 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

My guess is it went down like this:

"We just traded for you, but you're still no lock to make the final roster (and therefore you won't be guaranteed a full year's salary, as you hope to catch on for a few games here or there with someone else). Tell you what. Make it worth our while to put you on the opening day roster and guarantee your salary for the year, but in exchange you have to give us a cheap team option for 2018 with no guaranteed money."

They put the squeeze on him. That's what I think happened. It's what I would have done, anyway.

You are a hateful ugly man with a pitch black soul. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Dexter McDougle: Waived by Saints

By RotoWire Staff

UPDATE Nov 29, 2017, 12:00am

Tryout yesterday:

JAGUARS: CBs Dexter McDougle, Cody Riggs, Sammy Seamster (signed to PS).

Good Lord. It's just amazing how this team can be so consistently wrong on so many players, all at different positions. I guess it really is a talent. 

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Good Lord. It's just amazing how this team can be so consistently wrong on so many players, all at different positions. I guess it really is a talent. 

Well, the plus side is Maccagnan seems to have a pretty good eye for seeing how awful Idzik's draft picks were before other teams do.  2 of the 3 he traded away this year (Pryor, McDougle) are now looking for their 4th team, while what they got in return (Davis, Brooks) are still here and certainly upgrades.

Of course, it would be nice if he could recognize that for his own picks, or better yet, have them actually be worth keeping.

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Well, the plus side is Maccagnan seems to have a pretty good eye for seeing how awful Idzik's draft picks were before other teams do.  2 of the 3 he traded away this year (Pryor, McDougle) are now looking for their 4th team, while what they got in return (Davis, Brooks) are still here and certainly upgrades.

Of course, it would be nice if he could recognize that for his own picks, or better yet, have them actually be worth keeping.

Well put. 

23 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

don't forget sheldon.

Archived