Rate Hackenberg Preseason Week 3  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Hack PS Week 3

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I am not making excuses for Hack because he was awful, no doubt,, but give me one QB who could prosper behind an OL such as the one we are purporting each week. He made the one awful throw to Collins, but the rest of the failures were mostly due to hideous field position, no speed on offense, no OL at all. What exactly was he supposed to do?

F

I get it, beachum blew the assignment on the early sack, Anderson gave it up on the 2nd pick 6, gailey ignored him for a year, it's not his fault he was drafted in the 2nd Rd, but he just doesn't show the instincts nor basic awareness a pro QB needs.

With that said, his age and arm strength, I keep him around. If Morton and Bates survive, he could be a very different player next year.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He's not a viable NFL player, so it's beyond grading him. It'd be like starting a poll, "What grade would you give @Pac for his contributions to the study of nuclear fission?" 

Isn't nuclear fission what that guy from the X-Men has?  Shoots rays out of his eyes and sh-t.

38 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

The little black book is out on him already and he does not know how to make the necessary adjustments yet. 

Yeah, stand on sideline with a notepad or camera and collect INTs.

image.png

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

I am not making excuses for Hack because he was awful, no doubt,, but give me one QB who could prosper behind an OL such as the one we are purporting each week. He made the one awful throw to Collins, but the rest of the failures were mostly due to hideous field position, no speed on offense, no OL at all. What exactly was he supposed to do?

That's a fair point.

I was rooting for the kid. He isn't ready. Putting him on the field now will only serve to end his career.

They have to hope for good news with Petty. He seems brittle, that is a huge concern, he is always hurt. He has received big hits yes. But the best bet is to start Petty and it looks like he will get hurt at some point. Put Hack in and if he isn't better next years draft position and strategy will make a ton of sense.

But a definite F for Hack. That first pick six was awful.

Just now, Maxman said:

I was rooting for the kid. He isn't ready. Putting him on the field now will only serve to end his career.

They have to hope for good news with Petty. He seems brittle, that is a huge concern, he is always hurt. He has received big hits yes. But the best bet is to start Petty and it looks like he will get hurt at some point. Put Hack in and if he isn't better next years draft position and strategy will make a ton of sense.

Petty put up his numbers against backups.  McCown is going to be our starter.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Petty put up his numbers against backups.  McCown is going to be our starter.

I think with the injury that definitely is the case. People are going to be pissed, but McCown is going to win some games.

Buffalo, Tyrod concussion? Jets win week one.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Actually, it was awful because it was from a kid who hasn't yet learn the speed of NFL starting defenses . The read was right, but the delivery was too slow .

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If your kid failed a math test as badly as Hack is at football, you'd tell him to major in poli sci. He isn't ready and never will be. Professional football isn't his thing.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

If your kid failed a math test as badly as Hack is at football, you'd tell him to major in poli sci. He isn't ready and never will be. Professional football isn't his thing.

If they had a young Montana on the roster, sure throw Hack away and never play him again. They don't.

So Hack will get a shot this year for better or worse. It would be great if Petty could play all 16 games and be the guy. Just doesn't seem likely. So Hack (or Petty) either steps up and makes a huge statement or the next QB isn't on the roster.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If they had a young Montana on the roster, sure throw Hack away and never play him again. They don't.

So Hack will get a shot this year for better or worse. It would be great if Petty could play all 16 games and be the guy. Just doesn't seem likely. So Hack (or Petty) either steps up and makes a huge statement or the next QB isn't on the roster.

I am all for stating Hack from Week 1. Either he defies all conventional wisdom and evidence and succeeds, or (most likely) he takes down the entire horrendous front office with him in the flaming ball of fire they deserve. In Jet Nation that's what we count as a "win-win."

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

anigif_enhanced-21960-1411476591-3.gif?d

Archived