How can anyone defend this regime?

jgb

Yes, smart fans are "supposed" to buy into the tank, the complete rebuild, the search for The One.. problem is this current situation was CREATED by the regime in power. Horrendous drafting, legendary whiff on Hackenever, and going all-in on last season with Fitz. Fact is, if Macc has announced full rebuild upon joining, ok. But he made the moves that put us in a worse situation and now wants to sell us on his plan? I learned from following politics all my life--never trust the people who created the problems to fix the problems. Macc and Bowles are putrid, legendarily horrible. A rebuild starts with those two. /mic drop

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Maccagnan pick........

Second-year tackle Brandon Shell had a terrible game. Shell got the start at right tackle, but was abused by Giants star Jason Pierre-Paul. On one play, Pierre-Paul blew past Shell to tackle Matt Forte in the end zone for a safety. Then Pierre-Paul clubbed Shell and send him flying for a few yards.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mike Maccagnan pick........

Second-year tackle Brandon Shell had a terrible game. Shell got the start at right tackle, but was abused by Giants star Jason Pierre-Paul. On one play, Pierre-Paul blew past Shell to tackle Matt Forte in the end zone for a safety. Then Pierre-Paul clubbed Shell and send him flying for a few yards.

Next we'll hear that Shell lost to JPP in paper-rock-scissors, Hey genius get a clue he's going rock EVERY TIME.

image.png

10 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

No worries fellas. Sam Darnold is ours...no way we are winning a game over the next 2 years. I'm looking forward to the 2021 strike shortened season as we should be a playoff caliber team on the upswing.

Pats week 17 when they rest their starters and play to lose to screw the Jets, Bowles will take it like a kid takes an apple with a razor blade on Halloween.

11 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

No worries fellas. Sam Darnold is ours...no way we are winning a game over the next 2 years. I'm looking forward to the 2021 strike shortened season as we should be a playoff caliber team on the upswing.

Really? With this Bozo of a GM selecting the groceries in the draft and over paying for worn out FA's? How many UDFA's does it take to win a SB? 

6 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

Woody is in a tough spot.  The current regime are the people Woody wants to hire and the people who work for Woody.  Some thing needs to change with Woody before anything else changes.  

I think Shell plays better.  He was up against JPP.   

The Hack pick is going cost Mac is job.  It was just indefensible.  He will be around a long time, but he needs a lot of development and experience.  

But even if the Jets were planning on drafting a QB in 2018, Petty is brittle and McCown is temporary.  They could have upgraded the QB position overall this year.  If the Jets lose the Peterman and the Bills, Mac should resign on the spot.  Instead of Peterman we have Dylan Donahue. 

As we saw before, just because a change is needed, you don't create the breakage unless it isn't an improvement   This ain't improving unless Woody hires someone who can tell him to keep his nose out of the team   

55 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes, smart fans are "supposed" to buy into the tank, the complete rebuild, the search for The One.. problem is this current situation was CREATED by the regime in power. Horrendous drafting, legendary whiff on Hackenever, and going all-in on last season with Fitz. Fact is, if Macc has announced full rebuild upon joining, ok. But he made the moves that put us in a worse situation and now wants to sell us on his plan? I learned from following politics all my life--never trust the people who created the problems to fix the problems. Macc and Bowles are putrid, legendarily horrible. A rebuild starts with those two. /mic drop

What should Mac have done at QB in 2016 instead of going "all in" on Fitzpatrick.  If you want to complain about Mac, you need to give an example of what he should have done.  Did we pass on a QB for fitzpatrick?

Last night was a horrendous display, but saying that Mac is to blame for all of this is ridiculous.  He added veteran players in 2015 with the hopes of having a quick rebuild, and the team won 10 games.  That plan then fell apart in 2016, so he cut bait with the veterans and now is in a legitimate rebuild.  

Did he make an enormous whiff on Hack, yes.  But can we let the young players play before saying they all suck and he should be fired.  

Just now, BCJet said:

What should Mac have done at QB in 2016 instead of going "all in" on Fitzpatrick.  If you want to complain about Mac, you need to give an example of what he should have done.  Did we pass on a QB for fitzpatrick?

Last night was a horrendous display, but saying that Mac is to blame for all of this is ridiculous.  He added veteran players in 2015 with the hopes of having a quick rebuild, and the team won 10 games.  That plan then fell apart in 2016, so he cut bait with the veterans and now is in a legitimate rebuild.  

Did he make an enormous whiff on Hack, yes.  But can we let the young players play before saying they all suck and he should be fired.  

I'll give an example: don't draft the most pathetic excuse for a prospect ever in Rd. 2. Your move, cupcake.

Just now, BCJet said:

This roster is worse than it was when Macc was hired.  He got rid of savvy veterans who kept us at a decent level and replaced them with scrubs, if not for the NY Jets most wouldn't be in the NFL. 

We needed a QB and he took 2 safeties with pick 1-2 in the 2017 draft. 

He thinks Hackenberg is an NFL QB. 

Should I continue? 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

This roster is worse than it was when Macc was hired.  He got rid of savvy veterans who kept us at a decent level and replaced them with scrubs, if not for the NY Jets most wouldn't be in the NFL. 

Should I continue? 

Please do, I'm enjoying this

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Should I continue? 

Max, you need to give JW a weekly podcast.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Our OL could be the worst in the NFL. 

Our DC is a moron and should have been fired after last season. 

We don't have a #1 WR just a bunch of JAGS.  

OL neglect killed Herm and Rex and soon, Bowles. It's a Jets tradition. At this point we should all be discussing whether The Curse of Pete Kendall is real or not.

I agree the Fitz re-signing was a fireable offense.  Just a disgracefully incompetant decision.

However if they manage to enter the 2018 offseason with a top 3 draft pick, like 90 million in cap space, and a team of young guys who have developed nicely during the tank...

Amazingly that would make up for sh*tz.  And I wouldn't mind giving them a couple more years to see what they can do.  However I definitely would not just give them a "prove it" year.  With a top rookie QB, I want consistency at coach and GM.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Should I continue? 

Three drafts and no speedy Pass Rusher. Still a log jam at DT. Big Money Mo. No bruiser at RB. NO QB!!!! OL in shambles...this after three drafts. Macc is over his head. The roster is STILL unbalanced. Even worse than Idiotzik.

Clearly the O needed  a younger veteran QB if the roster was going to purged like this. That QB could have carried the team a bit, 2/3 years while the other QB's develop. 

All this talk of th next draft is pathetic. The Jets FO has had three drafts to fix the problems left by Idiotzik and this is now a declared disaster. FEMA could not help the Jets.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Should I continue? 

So the fact that the year prior to Mac getting here has produced one backup lineman (Dakota Dozier) and one good WR (Enunwa) and no other players on the entire roster doesnt matter.

Think about that - you guys are killing Mac saying his picks suck, do you know what sucking is?  Sucking is having 12 picks result in one above average player.

As for needing a QB in this draft, how did watson look last night?

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

So the fact that the year prior to Mac getting here has produced one backup lineman (Dakota Dozier) and one good WR (Enunwa) and no other players on the entire roster doesnt matter.

Think about that - you guys are killing Mac saying his picks suck, do you know what sucking is?  Sucking is having 12 picks result in one above average player.

The problem is we aren't any better we haven't improved one damn bit theres more holes in this roster than any other NFL roster. 

6 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Remind me not to hire you as a lawyer if I get in trouble. "Well, your Honor, he isn't as bad as Charles Manson..."

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Remind me not to hire you as a lawyer if I get in trouble. "Well, your Honor, he isn't as bad as Charles Manson..."

Um no, that isnt my point at all.

My point is that a 53 man roster can't be put together in 3 seasons, had Mac been left with ANYTHING, even one good player, that would have made an astronomical difference.

Until we see what we really have in Jordan Jenkins, Lee, Adams/Maye, Shell, Robby Anderson and Stewart/Hansen its impossible to judge Mac as a success or failure.  

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Um no, that isnt my point at all.

My point is that a 53 man roster can't be put together in 3 seasons, had Mac been left with ANYTHING, even one good player, that would have made an astronomical difference.

Until we see what we really have in Jordan Jenkins, Lee, Adams/Maye, Shell, Robby Anderson and Stewart/Hansen its impossible to judge Mac as a success or failure.  

'Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I know jgb stands accused of horrible crimes but once every 3 years he buys girl scout cookies from the kid down the street."

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

'Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I know jgb stands accused of horrible crimes but once every 3 years he buys girl scout cookies from the kid down the street."

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I know there is zero empirical evidence and the little speculative evidence we do have  hasn't been fully analyzed yet, but lets make a decision now"

Archived